- Now works on Windows 8
- F8 runs gta2manager.exe instead of GTA2 Manager.EXE
- The following commands no longer crash if the specified player/car/object does not exist:
Been a while!
- Chat text is now lower case, easier on the eyes
- Chat text now tries to be the same colour as the player
- In chat, "/" is now "?"
- Chat box in the lobby is default
- Updated logos for gta2.exe and gta2 manager.exe. Thanks to Cuban Pete for the great new logos!
- Patched original replay files that play if you wait too long in the single player menu- they now work with 11.41 without changes or debug flags. With the traffic fixes, they even mostly stay in sync
- Traffic fix 1- randomised who gets first chance to spawn a car each frame. Hopefully reduces car starving.
- Traffic fix 2- reduced car limit to original for single player. Also made it depend on how many players are in the game. Current limits are 16, 30, 42, 52, 60, 66 for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 players respectively. I plan to tweak this to find the optimum balance between car starving and traffic jams, so please let me know what you think.
- Fixed bug where you'd lose control of your ped if you were punched when spawning by a higher-numbered player (e.g. player 2 punches player 1 while they're spawning).
- Replay fix 1- replays will now always record, regardless of "do release replay" and "constant replay save" settings. If you don't have gta2\test directory, the files will not be written and no error given. This seems to help fix desync problems.
- Replay fix 2- replays are now recorded to both test\replay.rep and test\replayX.rep, where X is the "next replay" shown in the debug tab of the manager. X will rotate through 0-9 and back again, and replay.rep will always be the most recent replay.
- Replay fix 3- you may now specify the replay to play back on the command line. Names are limited to 106 characters:
gta2 -r vike.rep will playback vike.rep in single player
gta2 -r 'vike smells.rep' -n will playback vike smells.rep in multiplayer
gta2 -r "vike roooocks.rep" will playback vike roooocks.rep in single player
gta2 -r -n will playback replay.rep in multiplayer.
- Made ROAD_BLOCK_TANK_MAN aim for whoever is closest instead of the local player. This fixes Army in multiplayer!
- Fixed SET_ALL_CONTROLS_STATUS and SET_ENTER_CONTROL_STATUS in multiplayer- no more desyncs.
- Fixed WARP_FROM_CAR_TO_POINT in multiplayer (no more desyncs) and also made it work when the ped isn't in a car. Effectively it's a teleport command.
- Like 10.3 does, in-game chat now supports ,./;`-
- Stopped long chat messages shaking.
- GTA2 will now run multiple times if you want it to. Be careful, this could cause problems in GH
But for example if you're tricksy it allows you to run an entire network game on one computer- very useful for playing back replays.
- Reverted the "always on top" flag for full screen mode- it makes it worse for at least one app.
- GTA2 will now run in windowed mode even if you don't have your colour depth set to 16 bit. Unfortunately it buggers up the menu graphics, but if you care run in full screen mode or 16 bit colour depth.
- Made full screen mode have the "always on top" flag- hopefully this will resolve crashes caused by some popup notifications from other programs.
- Made windowed mode grab focus when you press start.
- Increased size of points/frags box so you can have higher points limits.
- Removed the requirement for the "PlayerCount" line in MMP files- if you leave it out, any number of players is allowed; if you put it in, only that number is allowed. No more "...2 player.mmp" "...3 player.mmp"!
- Removed the show instruments patch- it makes the screen too messy. I'll make a neater version when I do the lobby checkboxes.
- Changed version scheme. All my releases will now be 11.xx, regardless of beta status etc.
- Prevented the debug text that goes with "show instruments" from overlapping. For those who don't know, this allows you to see information about whether your opponents have a car, what speed they're travelling, etc. I will eventually make this a setting in the lobby- it's a gameplay altering feature.
- Disabled "Show counters" debug flag in multiplayer because I kept leaving it on. It makes multiplayer crash, and Residential single player as well.
- Fixed a interesting sync bug, if you ran Vista with more than 390 mmp files then buses would not behave correctly causing a desync.
- Decreased the default density of cars/peds from 500 to 400. This seems to make the car density on roads like it used to be, at least in one player. Hopefully this resolves car-starving without introducing traffic jams like beta 4.
- Increased the "ped" car limit from 15 to 127. This means car-starving should be reduced or gone, but some roads may be busier. Tell me if you disagree.
- Changed default audio files to bil.raw and bil.sdt instead of ste, at [DAFE]'s request. I will probably add an option to MMPs to specify which file at some point.
- Custom STY files no longer require custom audio files. If using styfile.sty, if styfile.raw and styfile.sdt are not found, gta2 will use ste.raw and ste.sdt.
- Added support for custom GXT and GCI files in multiplayer MMPs. GXT files must be English language. If the following lines are not present, GTA2 defaults to the built-in files.
GXTFile = yourmap.gxt
GCIFile = yourmap.gci
- Found and fixed a strange, apparently long-time bug in language detection. GTA2 detects if you have any language files, but the logic is flipped for French. This
would only have caused problems if you didn't have any language file, or if you didn't have english but did have french. I'm not even sure what it does with "Has language files" value anyway so it might have been fine.
- Released 11.2beta15 as 11.2 to go with the new GH 1.5.
- Made a few minor positioning adjustments to the lobby screens. Again these are not final and I will be taking suggestions, see my email at the bottom of this file.
- Reduced the time taken to measure accuracy of "Sleep" function from 500ms to 125ms. This speeds up game load time a little and has little effect on accuracy.
- Removed the limit of 20 messages in the chat window. The limit is now 64000 characters in win9x, and something very large on NT/2000/XP/etc.
- Resized/re-arranged the lobby screens. These are not final and I will be taking suggestions, see my email at the bottom of this file.
- Fixed ping that was somewhat broken in previous betas. This returns the lobby refreshes to 10ms, and (only) pings to UDP.
- Drastically reduced the time it takes games to appear in the lobby and so reduced the time it takes to join with -j.
- Increased the time between lobby refreshes to 100ms from 10ms. This should reduce CPU time, reduce flicker and generally be more stable.
- Added the command-line argument -c, which will automatically create a network game.
- Added the command-line argument -j, which will automatically join a network game as soon as one becomes available.
- Removed debug enabling option that was in 11.1. This will make a return as a series of checkboxes in the GTA2 lobby.
- Forced GTA2 to use TCP instead of UDP to try and prevent packet loss and misordering causing issues. This seems to fix most sync issues, besides:
multiple simulatenous vehicle bombs; WARP_FROM_CAR_TO_POINT; SYNC_BLOCK_MAN; SET_ALL_CONTROLS_STATUS; and ROAD_BLOCK_TANK_MAN.
- Fixed a crash bug in the chat lobby that happened if more than 20 messages were received before you send a message.
- MMP filenames are no longer case sensitive.
- Fixed mapfile code bug introduced in 11.0- missing SCR, GMP, and STY caused a crash instead of messages.
- Increased game speed normal from 25FPS to 30FPS and fast from 30FPS to 50FPS.
- Re-entering a game in the lobby after being rejected or leaving the same game no longer causes a crash.
- When a player does not have the selected map, "N/A: map.mmp" is now displayed instead of the previous map name or nothing if there was no previous map.
- Debug version that allows changing of wanted level, respect, teleport, show coordinates, health and zoom in multiplayer.
- Using reject in the lobby shouldn't make GTA2 crash anymore.
- Removed 100 MMP file limit. It is now only limited by your RAM.
- Disabled F8 in multiplayer.
- Changed registry keys from HKLM to HKCU. This will allow GTA2 to be run on Windows guest accounts and allow for different settings per user.