Steven Day is working on a dedicated server for GTA1. Check out GTA Dedicated Server . It’s got a long way to go but it has potential.
Tiny Town bot mod – This adds 6 killer bots to Tiny Town. Supports 1-6 players.
GTA2 only finds the first 100 .mmp files in the data folder. If you have over 100 then you need to delete some before installing new multiplayer maps.
Bonus Race – I made a 2 player, 5 lap race script with lap counter. It uses one of the existing bonus maps. The .mis file is included.
Cannonball run – Pyro is working on creating a cannonball race using the GTA1 maps converted to GTA2.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.423 189KB
- Hosting with some rarely selected countries forced every user to quit
- Moved "Send to tray" to file menu
- Day/Night option is disabled when you click host
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.422
- Changed server
- Proxy option works again
This site is changing server tomorrow, so the website will be down. Game Hunter should still work.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.421
It should work on Windows 98/ME now…
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.42
- Your hosted game shouldn’t get stuck in the list anymore (ensures GTA2 process is not active, before allowing you to host)
- Games already in the list will appear almost instantly to people who join (previously it could take up to 15 seconds)
- Fixed blank version number bug. Displays a version number instead of "You need GTA2 v to join this game".
- Added work-around for data arrival/nightwing bug (not fixed yet)
- Default restore down size is no longer zero
- When returning from tray, previous window size is restored, instead of forcing maximized
- Made it easier to select night or day (I always play maps in day)
- Network status is displayed in the titlebar
- White backgrounds replaced with grey
- Send button removed and player list size increased
- Send to tray is now a menu option