Another multiplayer mod for San Andreas is out. It’s called Online Andreas Reloaded 2.0 . You can’t kill in this version.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.45 beta 247KB
- Notification event sound is selectable
- Channel topic is now displayed on join
- GH can optionally reconnect if disconnected
- GH can be restored from systray with single click and systray icon flashing works again
- When someone changes their name, their hosted game name is updated to the same name
- An error is displayed if a host can’t be resolved to an IP address
- If you try to use a reserved name, you are asked for a new name instead of a password
- Router detection is back again (forgot to uncomment one line)
- Fixed a "file not found" bug that could happen on Windows ME if a "\" was at the end of the folder name
- A more helpful error message is displayed if you don’t have write access to registry
- GH now saves settings for current Windows user instead of local machine
- "Type here to chat…" is only displayed the first time you run GH
- Changed "has closed a game" to "game has been removed from the list"
- The menu divider line is now always the same length as the window
VC:MP 0.1d and Liberty City Multiplayer 0.1d were released today.
VC:MP 0.1c source code was released a few days ago. It’s a multiplayer mod for Vice City.
Small 5 lap race map by Malachi. Download Mal’s Race from his site.
Check out Yakuza’s gta2movie.wmv 42MB. It shows off GTA2 multiplayer action, very cool and funny too.
SanAn Scram v2.8 is out. It’s a multiplayer GTA2 race to see who can get to the most checkpoints points first. Download it from Pyro’s GTA2 site
MultiSlayer 4.5 beta 11 has been released. It is a large GTA2 multiplayer map using GTA1 textures.
VC:MP 0.1b was released a few days ago. It’s a multiplayer mod for Vice City.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.44 beta 239KB
- Fixed a major bug: If you had a firewall/router blocking port 113, the login process would not complete. No error was displayed, so it appeared that no one was online, even if there were people online. The login process will complete now.
- The Windows accessibility feature "Sticky keys" should now be disabled every time you run GH
- Your GTA2 version is displayed below the "Sign Out" button
- The GTA2 folder text box is now always disabled while signed in
- GTA2 username, location and folder are now made grey when disabled
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.439 beta
- The GTA2 option "Show player names" is no longer forced on
- If GTA2 is open, all player join messages in GH display "(-)" instead of an incorrect ping value
- Changed the shortcut key for launching GTA2 Manager from "control + m" to "F8" because "control + m" triggers the enter key
- Changed the shortcut key for creating a game to "control + g" because "control + c" is used for copying text
SanAn Scram v2.7 is out. It’s a multiplayer GTA2 race to see who can get to the most checkpoints points first. Download it from Pyro’s GTA2 site
Tiny Town no arrow 18KB
This is Tiny Town but with the player arrows removed. Extract to GTA2\data and run "no_arrow_install.bat". Select "Tiny Town no arrow" map to play.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.438 beta
- Fixed a bug that prevented GTA2 from being launched, if you tried to join a game hosted by a player that no longer had the same name
- Browse for folder dialog box is now resizable
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.437 beta
- Now you are only set away if GTA2 has been running for 30 seconds
- The game list is no longer disabled to avoid a bug that sometimes left it disabled
- If a user quit at the same time as you were joining (before the country list had been built), GH would display an error because it was unable to remove a country from the list that didn’t exist yet. The error was "processing error: Invalid procedure call or argument". To solve it, GH now displays "-" next to every name until it fetches the actual country.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.436 beta
- Changed the black line under the menu to standard 3D style
- Fixed a problem that displayed an incorrect ping value next to join messages, if GTA2 was open
- Removed some debug code that forced GH to detect everyone as having a router
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.435 beta
- Fixed more bugs relating to away and games being left in the list
- Messages relating to games should all be the same dark yellow colour now
- [away] is added to the start of your name when GTA2 is running and removed when GTA2 is closed
- Put "…" browse button in a picture box so it’s not changed by XP themes
- Removed grey blob
- Nick change and kick messages are displayed in green
- Made the About box wider so the title fits in more themes
- Help is now opened in your default text editor, instead of notepad
- Changed chat box font back to fixedsys, so it matches the received messages/history font (it’s also what mIRC does)
Pyro fixed the crash bug in GTA2 SanAn Scramble. It’s a multiplayer race for GTA2, using the San Andreas map from GTA1.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.431 beta
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.43 beta
Steven Day is working on a dedicated server for GTA1. Check out GTA Dedicated Server . It’s got a long way to go but it has potential.
Tiny Town bot mod – This adds 6 killer bots to Tiny Town. Supports 1-6 players.
GTA2 only finds the first 100 .mmp files in the data folder. If you have over 100 then you need to delete some before installing new multiplayer maps.
Bonus Race – I made a 2 player, 5 lap race script with lap counter. It uses one of the existing bonus maps. The .mis file is included.
Cannonball run – Pyro is working on creating a cannonball race using the GTA1 maps converted to GTA2.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.423 189KB
- Hosting with some rarely selected countries forced every user to quit
- Moved "Send to tray" to file menu
- Day/Night option is disabled when you click host
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.422
- Changed server
- Proxy option works again
This site is changing server tomorrow, so the website will be down. Game Hunter should still work.
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.421
It should work on Windows 98/ME now…
GTA2 Game Hunter v1.42
- Your hosted game shouldn’t get stuck in the list anymore (ensures GTA2 process is not active, before allowing you to host)
- Games already in the list will appear almost instantly to people who join (previously it could take up to 15 seconds)
- Fixed blank version number bug. Displays a version number instead of "You need GTA2 v to join this game".
- Added work-around for data arrival/nightwing bug (not fixed yet)
- Default restore down size is no longer zero
- When returning from tray, previous window size is restored, instead of forcing maximized
- Made it easier to select night or day (I always play maps in day)
- Network status is displayed in the titlebar
- White backgrounds replaced with grey
- Send button removed and player list size increased
- Send to tray is now a menu option