Large image with dusk lighting.
DAFE's Death Valley - created April 2009/updated June, September & October 2009 - map created & scripted by [DAFE] of Ontario, Canada.
This map was designed based on 10 years of playing experience of what I've learned & liked about the game including utilizing skilled/glitch moves (term is interchangeable depending on player's opinions). It was designed for Deathmatch but can be played as Tag or Points games too. This was my first attempt at GTA2 map creation, sprite/car/tile creation and scripting. Here is what is in the map:
- 1-6 player compatible utilizing 1 .scr (script) file
- simple train with 4 station platforms, 2 in central park, 2 on small power up islands
- 4 islands ( 1 hidden ) each island has a gang, power ups, and a boss bot defending it
- crane system and power up/weapons generator rewards ( try getting the faster cars picked up )
- respawning cars ( some with wreck removal some without to fill Ronald Reagan's Brothel pit with )
- respawning weapons and strong weapons at spawn points
- 3 gangs in 6 zones: 4 zones of island nudes with shotguns ( lead by a patroling nude boss bot that kills by flame thrower, electrogun or punching depending on the island), 1 police station zone of cops with dual pistols , 1 hospital zone of medics with electrobatons to slow players down
- invisibility and invulnerability are stored on east and west islands and can be disabled in game by simply destroying the train if players decide to do so
- complete shops selling vehicle mines, vehilce paint, vehicle car bomb, vehicle machine guns, vehicle oil slick
- detailed DUSK lighting of various degrees of ambience, colour, radius and strobing effects
- environmental collidable objects and sounds
- police wanted level of 6 heads ( army ) for 1 player and 5 heads ( special forces FBI ) for 2-6 players
- start of game spawn high drop and drown in fountain was intended by myself to be humorous
- 2 tanks on south island only reachable if player is able to survive a long fall [/b]
- Southeast bridge explodes and collapses when trigger point entered, once per game at $0 cost ( southwest bridge hardcoded down - for some reason the game couldn't handle 2 lower_level commands and crashed game ). This feature was intended to make south island and its tanks even tougher to obtain if players chose to do so
- Center of park fountain trigger spawns 12 invulnerable nude hitmen bots on the outer lying roads around Vyrulynt's Park that will divide into equivalent groups to hunt all your opponents with rocket launchers and gunjeeps or they will all hunt player 1 in a 1 player game for extra challenge - repeatable at $10,000 cost.
- Remote mini gunjeeps armed with vehicle guns, flame thrower, instant bomb and jeep gun triggered from hidden mainland cave which spawn on churchtop - repeatable at $3,000 cost
- 'ELITE!' doorfrag ( punch&kill within short time condition) reward/punishment: the loser is given 5 wanted (if cops are enabled) and clothing removed for that spawn, winner has any and all wanted removed and $10,000 cash reward
- BLACK BUS GANG! There's a hidden bus with locked doors in a building that can be unlocked at $5,000 cost paid at bus barn door entranceway. Once bus doors are unlocked, any player can enter the black bus which spawns 9 temporarily invulnerable African ped bots with unique weapons whom align their allegiance to the most recent bus driver leader. Their invulnerability can be overcome upon a few secrets that can be discovered by the players. The bus will self destruct if driver has left bus and pager counts down to 0. Timer can be reset by a player driving bus again.
http://www.wikigta.org , BENMILLARD/CERBERA UK , WARIO5 US , RONALD_REAGAN US , VYRULYNT US , SAUCEBOSS US , SALAMANDER/DRSLONY PL , RAZOR PL , LANTYZ NL and all other players that inspired me to create it!
I hope everyone enjoys playing on this map as much as I enjoyed making it and playing on it myself! Tons of hours were spent creating/troubleshooting/completing this thing
October 27, 2009 - Third and FINAL RELEASE for October 27th 2009 to commemorate GTA2's 10th Anniversary!
- Included a DAFESDeathValleyLite.SCR and related .MMP files for a lighter version of the script to help reduce desynchronizations in laggier/more explosive games when using preVIKE gta2 versions v9.6f, v10.5, etc, or for players who just want to brawl on the map without any of the extra goodies. The 'Lite' script removes Elite! bonus, Busgang, Nude Fountain Hitmen (T2's), remote mini gunjeeps and start up cash ($10,000).
- Changed crane weapons/powerups list order to a fast cars list
- Infinite death loop fixed of certain nude fountain hitmen bots which now cost $10,000 - spread nude fountain hitmen spawn points further out so they don't get trapped in park or fight for same cars
- Fixed respawning car at Mosque respawned a block away from where it's new parking spot in previous version
- Moved pylons and changed black van to a TV Van at mosque parking lot and added coordinates for dish focal point
- Relocated electroguns and flame throwers at corners of mainland to opposite corners
- Relocated electrogun and added rocket launcher, molotov cocktails and mines to South Island spawn area
- Made vehicles respawn on South Island (1 APC and 1 Gunjeep)
- tweaked busgang timer...reduced time from 180 count to 120 count ~ 2 minutes at no lag
- Rescripted players to be able to steal already spawned busgang from one another, when a new player enters black bus they steal the busgang from previous leader and become the Black gang's new leader
- changed weapons order of busgang so that better weapon holders enter the smaller vehicles
- redrew map tiles where busgang members spawn that displays their name in the colour of their shirt with the weapon they carry ( Thanks to Vyrulynt for their names )
- corrected fountain water animations to make water look like it's falling and spreading outwards
- renamed some navigational zones
- reduced train length
- started players with cash - $7,000
- moved invisibility, invulnerability and gang pickups around on east and west islands to make train and small islands more desirable to visit
- increased shading level to look like sunrise/sunset
- implemented a stuck accelerator and alarm to one of the parked cop cars
- removed electrofingers from South Island and added to central park/train stations area because I love to achieve electrofinger kills
- added gang pickup to North Island
- changed South Island's nude patrol bot's weapon from flame thrower to electrogun, added a start up message and brief message.
- STY file edits: Made some interesting custom tiles/textures and custom cars ( 5 of which are cars I actually own at this point in time on my property ). Thanks to DrSlony/Salamander for touching up some of the cars and creating and allowing me to use his first custom car ( Poland's cult car Fiat - Maluch). I have also replaced some cars with some nice ones I found on the web...I hope the author's don't mind
EDIT: June 15 2009, MrExclusive was quick to report the game still went out of synch at the beginning of a lag free game when he was in DUSK mode and his opponent was in NOON mode. He also recommended a higher AMBIENT level. He also found a block that was set as 'AIR" property allowing players to fall through map. I made these 4 quick changes: I added 1 more restart zone on South Island to enable more player traffic to and from that island, I bumped Ambient light level up from .15 to .33 as MrExclusive recommended and removed all flashing lights on map ( I really will miss these as they added nice effects to the map at DUSK ). If it continues to Desynch at the beginning of multiplayer game when any player is in DUSK mode, I'm going to have to recommend multiplayer games will need to run at NOON mode as I am out of ideas. It seems to be much better at holding synchronization now. Feel free to report back either way with this latest version for my and everyone else's benefit
EDIT: June 13 2009, worked on some minor and major fixes and upgrades to the map.
Here's what I've fixed and upgraded:
- added another spawn point to South Island. There is a way to get back to mainland if both bridges are down...think, think!
- added a respawning blast proof, Firetruck with flame thrower to a parking lot.
- recreated new poster images at NOON and DUSK to reflect latest version.
- moved and made minor changes to the south island, dropping bridge, power ups and lighting closer to the mainland to resolve an issue I've noticed where multiplayer games with lag seems to affect car speeds or their ability to make the bridge jump vs being able to make the jump without troubles in single player mode.
- added fast reloads at the end of tank tunnels and redrawn tank exits and lanes to make them even more less obvious and tough to acquire.
- created some more respawning cars at Brothels that leave wrecks on map to fill pit with. Also added delays to all respawning cars to prevent ridiculous cash bonuses or game crashes if carbombed off screen and to reduce wrecks game makes on roadways when cars respawn on their own wrecks (game glitch)
- slope fixes ( walking player fell through slope in front of one of the tanks )
- texture tile fixes and improvements to map details in general
- added shallow ( non moving water ) along some coastlines just to have that feature on map
- added some more active lighting ( constant, flashing and flickering lights as if burnt out, power up lighting ) * HAD TO REDUCE ACTIVE LIGHTING AS GAME DESYNCHRONIZED QUICKLY NEAR BEGINNING OF A NEW GAME WITH SOME PLAYERS RUNNING IN DUSK MODE...WORKED FINE IN NOON MODE.
- created some docks around lighthouses on islands for effect and to help make North Island easier to get to
- moved some powerups to balance map better and cars around to fit in newly textured parking lots better
- increased gang zone sizes for more combat potential and variable
- made more pedestrian traffic in some areas to liven up map and add some extra variable to map
- made south island armoury GUNJEEP and APC invulnerable to explosion blasts and gave vehicle machine guns to APC as a treat. This will make the South Island even more desirable to go visit, making attacks against rocket launching players very formidable and also force opposing player to use the instant bombs that are provided in various ways on the map.
Retooled/recoded the script to handle Park Fountain Nude bots differently as they were causing desynchs with all 8 of them exploding and no one seemed to really use them. The trigger now costs $7000 and 12 instead of 8 nude Fountain bots now land safely on the road medians around the central park. They have a new objective of splitting up and attacking your opponents with Rocket launcher. They are also invulnerable and will chase players in armed gunjeeps. They will use the gun in gunjeep in car chases or even as they approach you while you are on foot. This is testing good so far and a new fun element is added to this map compared to what it was. As an added challenge in 1 player games, player 1 can choose to pay for and trigger these bots and they will all hunt player 1. This mixing with the fact that 1P game is configured to allow 6 wanted level should make for some fun 1 player mayhem and chaos! Stay tuned...
April 15 2009 update. I had to finess the .GMP optimizer to correct a problem it was creating. It was making 1 tile 'Air' property after optimization for some reason allowing players to fall through roof. Looks like it's fine now.
Initially posted April 14. Extensively beta tested, revised and fixed over past few weeks to where I think we have all the main problems resolved. There is close to 3000 lines in the script performing various feature functions. As a result, this map sometimes goes out of synch. Not sure if it's because of the busy script, or the busy gameplay on the map. Most lag free games run fine.... unfortunately, at this point, I don't think out of synch problems can be fixed, so a workaround is to have shorter games. 5-8 frag games 20min might reduce the risk of going out of synch. Keep the explosions to a minimum