Saints Row 2 was released on October 14, 2008 for XBOX 360 and PS3. The Windows version was released January, 2009.
For our users outside of the Western hemisphere, Saints Row 2 PC is expected to ship to retail outlets in Europe on January 23, 2009 and Australia on February 5, 2009, at which time the digital download for those regions will also go live.
THQ lists the PC release date as 23/01/2009.
THQ AU lists the PC release date as 05/02/2009.
Saints Row 2 brings true freedom to open-world gaming. Players can play as who they want, how they want, and with whomever they want in this sequel to the much acclaimed and tremendously successful Saints Row.
Set years after the original, the player finds himself in a Stilwater both familiar and strange and challenged with bringing the Saints back as the rightful kings of Stilwater and bringing vengeance to those who wronged him.
- Limitless Customization—Play as fully customizable characters that are male, female or something in between.
- Vehicles can be visually customized as well as performance tuned.
- Cribs and even gangs all have an amazing degree of detailed customization options.
- Multiplayer—full co-op campaign has seamless integration—competitive multiplayer pushes the boundaries of open world gaming.
- Killer Combat and Awesome Vehicles—Planes, helicopters, motorcycles, boats and cars can be piloted and used as weapons. On the ground new combat options include melee, fine aim, and human shield.
- Freedom to Explore—More missions, activities, diversions, races, weapons, vehicles, cribs, city districts, and interiors than ever before. Over 40 story missions with additional bonus missions take place.