reversed code

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Pizzadox
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: Pizzadox

reversed code

Post by Pizzadox »

Hello, Have anyone ran into leaked code or reversed for GTA2?
Im willing to try to recreate a multiplayer mode correctly unlike that lan bullshit with 6 player limit, However I still dont know if its worth it because I know its possible to make it much easier by porting GTA2 map and some assets to Fivem or GTA3 multiplayer, And again I dont sure if it worth the amount of work because might be that nobody will play it?
And one more thing that stops me from doing it that I never messed with multiplayer softwares before so I have very little knowledge about it, I dont even know what engine that game runs on and any logic about it. I usually code cheats for games games I play like counter strike or left4dead by reverse enginering of course but if anyone got any leaked source code of that game so I can learn how it works it would be great
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Re: reversed code

Post by Pizzadox »

wow, I found ALOT of useful info in this forum section viewforum.php?f=22 but its quite a mess haha
im currently sitting in a house arrest until 02/2022 so I have loads of time to dig into it
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Post by Pizzadox »

After reading abit I was about to giveup due to the amount of work and how messy that game is
but I found that some people are very active on this type of topic\
check his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1uaCT ... VAInOUEY2A
i bang hoes
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

It’s a custom engine, if you can even call it that. People have been wanting better GTA2 multiplayer since release in 1999, so I’m sure you’d get players.

h0x091B has done some great reversing work relatively recently. I suggest joining his discord https://discord.com/invite/H7tBftD
Pizzadox
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Post by Pizzadox »

Sektor wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 22:23 It’s a custom engine, if you can even call it that. People have been wanting better GTA2 multiplayer since release in 1999, so I’m sure you’d get players.

h0x091B has done some great reversing work relatively recently. I suggest joining his discord https://discord.com/invite/H7tBftD
Yes I joined, But the shame is hes just about reversing it to make somekinda debug trainer of the game, Noting about online.
I read somewhere on this forum your post from 2019 I think and you said you started working on syncing the multiplayer not by keys but with coords which the ideal way to make a correct multiplayer software for any game not just gta

While playing gta2 I was thinking about how cool and "revolutionary" it would be to create RP server with many different NPCs with dialogs and missions in it with like 100 players, It will be a new wave of online gaming. but still this game has so many flaws that it would take maybe 5-8 years to make, The coding language of the game is so poor that its a must to create a framework to run over it.. Just so much work. Its really might be better to convert it to GTAV Fivem but some stuff like cars/peds/physics would be real hard to replicate
Its just a big ass headache
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Post by Pizzadox »

hi again, i started working on a gta2 mod for fivem. theres loads of work left, many many days even months of work

i was thinking about what possible and no possible to port, i figured out all gta2's features are portable except for playermodels
i already ported the map, and the map broken real hard, loads of collisions needs to be edited to fit the game right

edit: some more progress made
i bang hoes