Blackout Arena

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
valps
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: Valps

Blackout Arena

Post by valps »

Hey everyone!

I'm making a new map where you can blow the lighting out and come into darkness. It's a (nearly) small arena, four blocks where you can engage into fights.

There is four powersources, one for each block, wherein they supply the energy [electrofingers] for each block. When destroyed, all lights of respective block goes out and it will be restored in ~ 1 min. You can use weapons such as molotovs and use explosions to briefly light up the battlefield.

This map, of course, require that you're playing GTA2 in dusk mode. I'm planning giving to players all weapons (except electrogun) at the start and after respawning.

The main features are showed in this video:

The map will be finished very soon, as I'm just decorating the outside walls. Btw, this city is kind of a quarantine, where no one can enter or escape.

All sugestions are welcome.

EDIT: All finished. I've made three game modes: normal; without arrows; tag mode (p1 receives no weapons). The script detects if you aren't running in dusk mode.

I will do another variants of this map later, with some sugestions I've received.
Blackout_Arena_v1.0.1.zip
Map files
(38.5 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Map of the Prison
Map of the Prison
Last edited by valps on 30 Apr 2024, 12:35, edited 2 times in total.
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Re: Blackout Arena

Post by B-$hep »

You still have friends who play GTA2 MP?

I thought this thing is dead.
Im gonna try the map anyway.
I never played MP but I like playing alone and test different maps.

Keep us updated!
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I tried forcing dusk with GTA2 script memory writing but unfortunately it was glitchy to change it while GTA2 is running, at least with only changing one address. I could detect noon and force exit until noon is selected.
valps
Mugger
Mugger

Post by valps »

B-$hep wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 16:01 You still have friends who play GTA2 MP?

I thought this thing is dead.
Im gonna try the map anyway.
I never played MP but I like playing alone and test different maps.

Keep us updated!
Unfortunately no, I don't have friends close to me that plays GTA2. I still making maps because I love doing it. For me It's the only form of art that I feel confidence enough to hone my skills at creating things from scratch and "materialize" my creativity.

Sektor wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 00:55 I tried forcing dusk with GTA2 script memory writing but unfortunately it was glitchy to change it while GTA2 is running, at least with only changing one address. I could detect noon and force exit until noon is selected.
I saw your topic about GTA2 addresses, and now my script finish the game if the client isn't playing in dusk mode. Btw I loved the way the command CHANGE_GANG_CHAR_RESPECT is exploited to read/write in memory addresses.
valps
Mugger
Mugger

Post by valps »

I've finished the map. Enjoy.