Players must escape across the border from a maximum-security prison in an American desert. Just an idea for now.
General Sequence of Stages
Normal pink mission arrow(s) guide players through these objectives:
- Prison cells. (Start point and respawn points. Inmate respect +4.)
- Punch cell block police and key becomes available in their office to open the prison block doors. (Wanted level 1.)
- Punching other police puts key outside armoury so you can enter to get basic weapons. (Wanted level 3, SWAT inside.)
- Grab weapons from armoury. (Wanted level 4, bank alarm sound starts in armoury only.)
- Collect 3 briefcases. (Armoury, kitchen storeroom and locker room.)
- Set bomb at SE corner inner gates. (Visible and audible bomb. Explosion destroys doors and damages floor. Wanted level 5. Inmate respect +5.)
- SWAT patrols now hunt any player. (Respawning in armour and under other doorways.)
- National Guard alerted and on patrol in outer area. (Faked as a gang.)
- Various other objectives, working anti-clockwise to the Garrison.
- Open outer gates by destroying security controls in Garrison. (GENERATOR object, collecting Armour delivers it to prison cell.)
- Police, FBI and Army logjam at bridge over moat. (Does not respawn? Wreckages are left to clear naturally, like Ghetto.)
- Desert roads towards border with FBI wanted level of 5, high and low routes.
- Desert café, maybe an old mining village.
- Heavily defended border gates.
- Safehouse with all players together ends the level.
I'll take inspiration from Residential District (ste.gmp) and probably use the ste.sty textures as well.
The Northern desert region in GTA San Andreas has a lot of awesome scenery. Would be a great challenge bring that to GTA2. Would make the run from prison to border more atmospheric.