vike's GTA2 update patch enhancement upgrade fix v11.44

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Re: Vike's enhanced GTA2

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Yeahhh! [gang] <3

edit: lol, on a side note, that could mean gangbang.... (the two icons)
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Dreaming about a game is probably a bad sign :P

But yes, having different colour chat per player would be cool too.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Couldnt it be possible to add a new script command that would do the same as numpad zero on debug mode: teleport? It would teleport you even inside a car, and remain your current speed and angle. I was going to make a map that uses a command like this, but found out there is no such command... it would be very nice command to have!

Adding a new script command would require own compiler, or a hacked one, but it shouldnt be a problem, could even write own tool for it to convert one command into another like i did once to test SCR commands.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

The existing command WARP_FROM_CAR_TO_POINT (charname, X,Y,Z, rotation) works with players who are in or out of a car, using vike's GTA2. Is that all you need?

It can be triggered like any other command. Honk the horn. Switch to a certain possibly obscure weapon. The moment you see another player. Whatever.

If you want camera control and teleporting to be available in multiplayer, those debug options are already possible. They were tested maybe a year ago by Sektor and vike but removed because they ruin gameplay on any current level.

(EDIT) Updated the scripting guide.
Last edited by BenMillard on 22 Nov 2011, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I believe T.M. needs exactly what he described. WFCTP won't cut it.

The debug keys (numpad teleport) will be enabled again. The only problem before was that do_debug_keys registry key needed to be created/deleted on all systems before the game started or there would be a desync. GH could easily sync those registry keys but I think Vike wants to make GTA2 do it.

Ben, there is a mistake in your guide. Rotation goes inside WFCTP brackets. I edited your post but can't edit your site.

Vike should change WFCTP so that if the Z coordinate is 254.0, it should teleport the vehicle with the player in it but any other Z should just teleport the player. That should be easier to code than a new command.
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Couldn't you use a mix of CHECK_CAR_SPEED ( car_name , integer ) and WFCTP?

Not used the first command, and not used WFCTP since it was updated but sounds like it fits your requirement.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

I need to teleport a car and remain its speed and direction, so i can make a map that seems infinite in length and drive it forever.
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

So it would be like pressing Num0 with debug keys on, but scripted
You just lost the game.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

Sektor wrote:Vike should change WFCTP so that if the Z coordinate is 254.0, it should teleport the vehicle with the player in it but any other Z should just teleport the player. That should be easier to code than a new command.
Vike likes that idea. Vike likes that idea so much that Vike has added it to Vike's list. (vike)
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

that would have to be a command with relative coordinates then so you can also handle an offset.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

elypter wrote:that would have to be a command with relative coordinates then so you can also handle an offset.
Yeah but i think its too much work... would need extra parameters x,y,z there, same as making new command.
Gustavob wrote:So it would be like pressing Num0 with debug keys on, but scripted
exactly.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

@Vike, here is the formula how to calculate 254.0 value in SCR: 254*16384 or 254<<14 ;)

Although, i would prefer value 1337.0 or 7313.0 as in "TELE" lol. :-) (floats max value is 131071.0 and min -131071.0)
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

what really would be awesome:

if you could use numbers above 255.0 or below 0.0 as counter input.

for example: -4.0 would mean take value of counter number 4
Last edited by elypter on 22 Nov 2011, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

@elypter, i dont understand the point of that, care to show example where it would be useful? note that you must use dot and zero for -4.0 too if its float type.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

ADD_NEW_BLOCK (11,22,33) is possible
ADD_NEW_BLOCK (counter_1,22,33) is not possible
ADD_NEW_BLOCK (-1,22,33) would do the job

float commands would be more difficult because of different type but both are 2byte right?
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

floats are 4 byte. whereas ADD_NEW_BLOCK takes 1 byte values for coords, and counter references are 2 byte indeed.

now i get it, so you want to do like a loop and add multiple blocks at once. that would be indeed very epic, and i think its possible too... but very tricky. hard or impossible to render in my editor though :(
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

it would be even more useful if you got commands like for example:
STORE_PLAYER_POSITION(p1,counter_x,counter_y,counter_z,counter_r)
then you could use these values to create an object at that position.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

T.M. wrote:@Vike, here is the formula how to calculate 254.0 value in SCR: 254*16384 or 254<<14 ;)
Yeah yeah, I know; and angles are stored *4 :P

RE counter stuff... hmmm. I'd probably have to add new versions of any command I wanted to do it to I think because of the byte size difference. Except for floats obviously.
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Would be nice ely, but you'd have to edit the OBJ_DATA command for example to accept counters as its function as well as keeping the usual coordinates like we have now.

Still wish it was possible to use the GIVE_WEAPON command on other powerups like health, armour, electro-fingers, fast reload and the likes, so maybe could be GIVE_WEAPON ( p1 , COLLECT_31 ), saves adding brand new variables to the GIVE_WEAPON command like GIVE_WEAPON ( p1 , ARMOUR ), GIVE_WEAPON ( p1 , DOUBLEDAMAGE ) etc.

Also, I can't remember if I said it before, about being able to use RBTM inside Armed Land Roamers? Doesn't currently seem a way to make a static/parked Armed Land Roamer and driver actually use the gun like a Tank does. Tried experimenting before but no good results.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Vike the Hube wrote:Yeah yeah, I know; and angles are stored *4 :P
are you kidding? i think you are, but on the other hand: i remember docs saying "*something* must be multiple of 4" which is bullshit.