Here's a list of ideas that myself or others would like to see in GTA2 Game Hunter. They aren't really in order of priority and not all will be added. It could take a long time to add some of these features.
IRC client features:
- Nick completion (type first few letters of a nick and then push tab to scroll through all nicks with those letters)
- Friends list
- Log chat history to a file
- Right click on players name brings up context menu
- /dns command should be run in a separate thread and work on IP addresses
- Move all English text to a language file for easy translation
- Option to only allow players from certain countries or with a low ping to join your game
- Port tester (warn and display exactly which ports are not open). Warn others if a host has ports closed.
- Optionally disable alt+tab, ctrl+escape, Windows keys and other combinations that make GTA2 window lose focus
- Display each nick in a unique colour.
- Panic hotkey - if GTA2 crashes and you can't get back to Windows then push this key to kill the GTA2 process
- Built in NAT to NAT traversal so Hamachi isn't required (very complicated)
- Option to automatically search hard drive for GTA2
- Allow custom status messages
- Automatic updates
- Add ga g column with custom gang image
- Add gang management features (create, request join, allow join, remove, leave etc)
- total number of players joined: daily, weekly, yearly, all-time
- total number of games hosted
- graph of most popular time/largest number of users online (allow user to select time zone and filter by country)
- number of times each map has been hosted (most popular, least popular)
- daily, weekly, yearly and total GTA2 playtime
- total number of games, total number of games against each player, total wins/losses against each player
- total times played each map (option to sort by that column on map select screen)
- date each map was last played (option to sort by that column on map select screen)
- Make it possible to play without opening any ports (at least the joiners shouldn't need open ports)
- Make it possible to join at anytime
- Allow more than 6 players in a single game
- Optionally hide lag by reducing accuracy and using position prediction
It's way too much work for the gain and it would still need all players to have ports open. It would not allow joining at any time or more than 5 players. It would be able to run on a computer that doesn't have GTA2 installed. Player 1 would be the stand alone server and wouldn't be human controlled, so it would be best to make custom GTA2 scripts/maps that put player 1 in a location they can't be killed. I think my time would be better spent making a GTA clone or working on other features.