v2.78, 21 May 2014:
- Multiplayer reliability improvements.
- Changes to messages on the results screen.
- Various other tweaks and bug fixes.
If you haven't already, you can download the game for free here:
The High Life Update is here – you can now download the latest update to Grand Theft Auto Online featuring tons of brand new content along with some exciting features added to the game experience.
The High Life Update gives you the chance to live large in Los Santos with the ability to own two properties at any one time, and the addition of five opulent new apartments. Add to your real estate portfolio with hot new listings at Eclipse Towers in Vinewood, Richards Majestic in Rockford Hills, Tinsel Towers in Little Seoul, 4 Integrity Way in Downtown, and Del Perro Heights by the beach. As always, just drive up to the new property location sale and follow the prompts, or head to Dynasty8realestate.com to look for your next purchase.
Now that you can store vehicles across two apartment garages, you’ll be looking to put something new and shiny in them and The High Life Update offers a trio of luxury cars and a blistering new motorbike to add to your collection. The Enus Huntley S (SUV), Dewbauchee Massacro (Sports), Pegassi Zentorno (Super) and Dinka Thrust (Motorcycle) are all now available to purchase from Legendary Motorsport. Remember, these vehicles can also be accessed from any garage in Story Mode, adding a new spin to your mission replays.
And because success breeds jealousy, the powerful Bullpup Rifle is now available in Ammu-Nation to help you protect your assets.
Gear up with the all-new vehicles and weaponry to take on brand new Rockstar-created Jobs in GTA Online, including 8 new Contact missions listed below. These new Jobs will be available to play later today (we will update this post with links to the Jobs at the Social Club site once they're up) and stay tuned as there are even more being published soon including Capture, Survival, TDM and Last Team Standing mode Jobs.
Contact: GTA Today | Artificial Scarcity | Crime Scenester | Hit ‘Em Up | Master Data | Handle with Care | On the List | Denial of Service
Land Race: Stock Market Crash | Loss Leader | Home In The Hills | Thrusting Motion
High Life also introduces many new game features and enhancements including some updates directly based on feedback from you, the GTA Online community (remember to keep your feedback coming to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com where we’re always reviewing your input for consideration).
- With the new Mental State stat, we are keeping track of your behavior. If you seem to enjoy attacking pedestrians and terrorizing other players, then your blip will start to turn red on other players’ maps. The redder the blip, the more psychotic the player; the whiter the blip, the friendlier they are.
The actions you take will have varying effects on your Mental State. For example, killing another player will turn your blip red faster than blowing up a car or taking out a random pedestrian. Killing a player with a white blip will push your Mental State into the red faster than killing more psycho players, while taking out full-on psycho players won’t cause your own Mental State stat to increase at all.
Mental state also factors into matchmaking - you’ll automatically join Freemode sessions containing people more ‘compatible’ with your play style, and if a red-blipped lunatic does enter your session, you at least have fair warning!
- Non-Contact Races are now an option. When you create a Non-Contact race, other racers appear as semi-transparent and collisions with them are disabled (although you'll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery).
- You now have the option to Friend Spectate – if you and a friend are in separate GTA Online sessions you can now choose to spectate that player through the Friends menu.
- New player toasts and celebrations: Switch out your salute for jazz hands, a face palm, a slow clap and more. There are also paired toasts for celebrating with a friend, like a backslap, or a solid, manly handshake.
- New clothing: It can be hard work finding the perfect ensemble to really make your character stand out, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you and put together some stylish outfits. Hit the town, dressed to the nines with an array of classy new suit sets available with a pret-a-porter jacket, trousers, suit vest and shoes.
- 10 additional vehicles from Story Mode are now available for the first time in GTA Online – these will be marked on the car sales websites as new in the High Life Update so you can find them easily at southernsanandreassuperautos.com and legendarymotorsport.net:
- Bravado Banshee Topless
- Inverto Coquette Topless
- Vapid Dominator Ocelot F620
- Schyster Fusilade
- Maibatsu Penumbra
- Ubermacht Sentinel XS
- Ubermacht Sentinel (Convertible)
- Grotti Stinger Topless
- Coil Voltic Topless
- Five new High-End apartments have been added to Online.
- The ability to own more than one property has been added to Online. Please note that utility and mechanic charges will also double if you own two properties.
- Mental State has been added. (This is a new approach for Matchmaking based on how often a player kills other players in Free Roam in Online).
- Four new selectable vehicles have been added to Legendarymotorsport.net: Dewbauchee Massacro, Pegassi Zentorno, Enus Huntley, Dinka
- An open-top variant of the Bravado Banshee has been added to Legendary Motorsport.
- The following vehicles have been added to Southern San Andreas Super Autos for purchase: Vapid Dominator, Ocelot F620, Schyster Fusilade, Maibatsu Penumbra, Ubermacht Sentinel XS, Ubermacht Sentinel, Invetero Coquette, Grotti Stinger, Coil Voltic
- The Bullpup Rifle has been added to Ammunation.
- Six new horns have been added to Los Santos Customs. Two new Classical Horn options have been added.
- 32 new fitted suit options have been added for male characters.
- Spectate player is now available.
- Non-Contact Races have been added. You now have the option to Race against others without scratching all of your lovely paintwork. Players competing in Non-Contact Races cannot slipstream one another.
- As requested by the Stunting Community, the changes to bike physics in a recent Title Update have been reverted.
- Fixed an issue where dropped items in created Capture Jobs would not be correctly blipped on the map.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally not be able to reclaim a vehicle despite it being insured.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to shoot in their garages.
- Maximum Rank has now been capped at 8000.
- The following difficulty changes are going to be made to the Mission “Rooftop Rumble”:
- 50% of FIB agents present at the start of the mission now have high accuracy.
- Additional FIB agents spawn as players attack the parking garage. The agents spawn in two waves of cars.
- After all the agents on foot in the parking lot and the first wave of agents in cars are killed, the mission will either progress in 30 seconds or require players to finish off all FIB agents.
- The FIB agent carrying the documents Martin wants now spawns in a vehicle as the mission progresses.
Take in the view from any of the five new apartments in The High Life Update.
• The time until multiplayer matches start has been reduced
• The XP of all players is now shown in the multiplayer lobby
• You can now easily send friend requests to people in the current room
• Fixed several bugs that meant players joining an existing match would sometimes end up in an invalid state
• Fixed a bug where the multiplayer results could sometimes disagree between two devices
• Fixed a bug that stopped the phone boxes ringing in rampage mode
• Various other tweaks and bug fixes
If you haven't already, you can download the game for free here: