Rockstar Games has released patches today for Grand Theft Auto IV for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360™. These patches fix some of the issues they have identified for each system, specifically multiplayer connectivity issues including freezes during certain modes, continuation when players leave matches, and bugs within races and race lobbies.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to enter or exit vehicles in GTA Race.
- Fixed an issue where scripted vehicles were causing games to unexpectedly crash.
- Improved reliability and frequency of PS3™ online leaderboard updates.
- Fixed a rare hang some players encountered when moving from a Race or GTA Race lobby into gameplay.
- Fixed a hang that would occur when players were switching teams during the countdown in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to get ridiculously high scores from Cops 'n Crooks matches.
- Changed GTA Race and Race so that the last player remaining always receives a reward of $250.
- Fixed an issue where spectating players would prevent the game from finishing.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to spectate in Round 2 of Cops 'n Crooks games.
- Changed countdown timer in lobby so that it no longer resets when new players join a game.
- Changed the kick option so that kicked players are no longer brought back to single player.
The patch will be installed automatically (after you confirm) the first time you start GTA IV while signed into Xbox Live or PSN. This is the first patch for XBOX 360 and the 2nd for PS3.
Pixeloo (known for creating realistic, creepy, "untooned" images of Mario, Homer, Stewie and Jessica Rabbit) has now used his talent to create a realistic render of Niko Bellic for Official Playstation Magazine UK. Niko was already more realistic looking than the other characters, so it's not as shocking but it still looks great.
This is an awesome GTA IV parody with great animation and some amusing ideas. If you have ever used the GTA IV cheats or failed to get into a taxi, you will enjoy this: newgrounds.com GTA IV flash animation
Michael Hollick did the voice and most of the motion capture acting for Niko Bellic in GTA IV.
dobosz206 over at gtaforums is hosting a GTA2 tournament. It appears to be mostly for North American players.