GTA V

Talk about any other games here
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

GTA V

Post by Sektor »

I've been playing GTA V on 360. I'm still learning to drive. This happened to me:

It's a photo of my TV, it looks better in person but of course it would be better on PC.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Re: GTA V

Post by Cuban-Pete »

That looks really nice. :)
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: GTA5

Post by BenMillard »

Premium Deluxe Motorsport is like Sunshine Autos?

You could video your TV and upload it, not showing any storyline but more silly moments and physics fun. (A bit like all the ragdoll videos people posted when GTA4 first started being played.)

(EDIT) Look ma, no more mitten hands!
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Here come the problems!

[yts][/yts]

Edit: for some reason the YT tags don't seem to work...
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I'm used to texture popup on open world console games. It happened a lot in Saints Row and it amused me. It doesn't look that bad to me in the video but that's just the intro, I guess it's worse when there is actual fast driving. I'll have to get a 16GB USB stick to install the play disc onto instead of my 250GB hard drive. I've just been playing with the install disc installed to HD and the play disc in the drive but my 360 slim drive is a bit louder than I would like.

The YT and YOUTUBE tags didn't work for your link because it was a shortlink. I added YTS for youtu.be links. It would be best if YT supported all types of youtube links (long,short,unique code only,http,https and more) but BBCode only supports one tag per code. I will try out Simple Machine Forum software sometime or anything other than the hard to maintain phpBB.
BenMillard wrote:Premium Deluxe Motorsport is like Sunshine Autos?

You could video your TV and upload it, not showing any storyline but more silly moments and physics fun. (A bit like all the ragdoll videos people posted when GTA4 first started being played.)

(EDIT) Look ma, no more mitten hands!
It might have been like Sunshine Autos but the owner is very unhappy with me driving through his window and won't be letting me use it any time soon.

I'll be sure to video any glitches or random funny moments if they are still there by the time I grab my camera. I'm not going to point a camera at the screen all the time. I'd love to get some HDMI capture hardware.

Yes they have improved the character models and faces. The landscape and buildings look better but I think the cars might be using less polygons, in some ways they seem less detailed than IV. The license plates are now unique/customisable. They had to sacrifice polygons somewhere since the hardware hasn't improved. The car handling is more arcade style than in GTA IV. I haven't decided if I like the handling more yet. I am a fan of arcade style controls. Each character has different driving skills and they level up.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Curious to know what GTA V will look like on PS4 / Xbone (I'm assuming they will) with the new hardware.

Just hope we won't have to wait (too) long for this to come out on PC... and hoping for two things:

1) It won't be a crappy port to PC like GTA 4 was (until many patches later it was playable).
2) No Games for Windows Live... god that thing can go burn in a fire.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

You'd think they'd put more effort into making it x86 optimised since now PC/PS4/XBONE are all x86. It depends who they get to handle the ports.

It won't have games for windows live since fortunately Microsoft is shutting that down.
BenMillard
Immortal

Re: GTA5

Post by BenMillard »

Sektor wrote:The car handling is more arcade style than in GTA IV. I haven't decided if I like the handling more yet.
From the videos I've seen:
  • Turning looks halfway between GTA Vice City and GTA4.
  • Suspension seems pretty close to GTAVC, everything seems to handle quite flat and boring.
  • Acceleration looks like GTA San Andreas with top speeds are low?
  • Wheelspin on mud and gravel looks and sounds brilliant!
Oh well. Leaves plenty of room for a new Handling Overhaul project if/when I get GTA5 on PC!

Seasick Camera?
The camera angles in chase view look absurd. People keep their heads level when driving, even on motorbikes. The camera should stay level because that is your eyes. The way the angle changes seems heavily damped which makes the relationship between eyes and vehicle seem all the more remote.

Maybe it feels natural and all adds up when you have the controls at your fingertips. I don't have that side of the equation, naturally.

Secrets and Spoilers
IGN have a map showing bonus/secrets such as UFO parts and stunt jumps. (Links in spoiler tags are visible; have to put spoiler tags in links.)

There are also weapons caches located via directions on the special edition boxes, only visible in UV light aka blacklight.

I'll try to avoid spoiling the story for myself. Seeing side missions, game mechanics and silly/skilled things to do is OK.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

Sektor wrote:It won't have games for windows live since fortunately Microsoft is shutting that down.
Yet another service they are shutting down? ... the only question: why now? If they are shutting it down because it is not successful then why did they even launch it? Starting a service that needs a critical mass to work if there is already a better alternative alternative is never going to work.
Their buisnessmen probably still think they are selling potatoes and not software.maybe they would be better off if they actually did
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

Sektor wrote:I'd love to get some HDMI capture hardware.
GTA Missions (aka BJ, don't know why) is a fun but skilled channel. He uses "HD PVR 1212" for capturing GTA5 stunt location videos, for example.

Amazon tells me $125 (USA) for the Gaming Edition capture device, which is $50 cheaper than the all-purpose one.

A lot of money, really. No doubt there are cheaper options and maybe 2nd hand ones are an option from eBay.

(EDIT) A GT5 driver has just switched to the Elgato Game Capture HD for HDMI capture in a small box with just a couple of cables.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

i love Trevor and Michael <3333
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

The game actually has an in game phone camera that I could have used to upload an image. I'll use it next time.
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

£200 for the best Playstation 3 model with GTA5! Includes a Dual Shock 3 controller and some cables. Sold by my favourite e-commerce site in the UK.

Price Comparison
The game is nearly £50 here in the UK by itself and that 500GB Super Slim console by itself is way over £150 new.

Even reconditioned units (from reputable places like Tesco Outlet and Amazon Warehouse) are way over £100.

Other PS3 Games
Gran Turismo 5 is awesome when I played it at a previous job placement. Gran Turismo 6 will also be a PS3 title. So that's 3 games with basically endless replay value, especially when GTA Online arrives. Watching some Tank rampages is just like GTASA but it's easier to shoot down helicopters now. But, oh my, the eye candy...and the handling doesn't look bad...it's just extra grippy. True to the original GTA1 in that respect.

British Weather
It's turning Autumnal here, then it will be Winter and Spring is usually too cold for much outside entertainment. I could research and buy a gaming laptop in Autumn 2014. Get GTA5 on PC when it's had enough patches to work well. The modding situation should have been clarified by then, too.

Blue PS3?
I've been watching auctions for the blue PS3 with 2 controllers. A nearly new unit went for about £150. The novelty of owning it in my favourite colour and having an extra controller probably make it a worthwhile risk.

Who Else Got GTA5?
Sound like a plan? My girlfriend is on board with it so I think it's gonna happen!

Game Hunter has been really quiet. Is GTA5 the reason, peeps?

(EDIT) Original URL too long and weird for [url] tags!
BenMillard
Immortal

Re: GTA5 on PS3

Post by BenMillard »

Best. GTA. Ever.

Physics
Now I am used to the handling I think it's the best GTA style ever.

The overall feel is a bit like my GTASA handling overhaul setups. They've given cars more acceleration at low speeds and the steering is much twitchier. Off-road vehicles have extremely exaggerated 1st gear performance uphill, from about 5mph to 30mph.

Those arcade touches remind me of GTA1. Combining the two styles in this particular way works perfectly for this kind of game, imho.

Planes and helicopters have been ruined by the drunken camera. Helicopters are rendered useless in Los Santos by a bizarre pendulum effect which makes accurate flight impossible. GTASA got the arcade aircraft style spot on.

Setup
Received mine today! Has taken a lot of troubleshooting to get HDMI working at 1080p. Had some blonde moments getting the WiFi set up but that was my fault.

Looks like it will take all afternoon to get GT5 set up, then I'll install GTA5.

Multiplayer
I am BenMillard on PSN if that's relevant to anyone here. Pretty stoked my name was available! There's no linkable web view for PSN profiles? You can search for me here officially or view BenMillard on a 3rd-party PSN mirror.

I hope they support USB mouse on PS3 in a future GTA5 update. Unreal Tournament 3 apparently supports this.