Ban... why?

JackSparrow
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: JackSparrow

Ban... why?

Post by JackSparrow »

Hello.
Today I met a rather unpleasant situation. I've been banned (twice) for unexplained reasons, not presented any reason, without notice in #gta2gh. I tried to contact the administrator of the IRC (KingSalamander) but does not answer. Please help.
On the evidence put screen (with the second ban).
http://imagebin.ca/img/z4UZ6E.png
Yours _K_JackSparrow.
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Re: Ban... why?

Post by Gustavob »

Salamander, in priv wrote: [07/09/10 14:44:30] <KingSalamander> first he stole people's nicks (registering them) using a normal irc client despite being warned by me many times
[07/09/10 14:44:42] <KingSalamander> i banned him for 4 days
[07/09/10 14:44:51] <KingSalamander> unbanned him a week ag
[07/09/10 14:44:52] <KingSalamander> o
[07/09/10 14:44:59] <KingSalamander> now he's harassing a user in private also using mirc
That was ~3 hours ago though, IDK what was Salamander's reason for banning you this last time a few mins ago
You just lost the game.
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
GH nick: Salamander
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

You were unbanned just 4 days ago for stealing nicks using a normal IRC client, and now this. Unacceptable, you're being a total dick.

Gustavob: ban evasion, his ident changed, intentionally or not.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

so what? Other people can swear to each other?
Solve your petty arguments amongst your petty selves. Admins do not care whether someone called you fat or informed you that you may have AIDS.
Hmm sounds like beeing unfair.
JackSparrow
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Post by JackSparrow »

show screens where Aisha harassed me.
"you're being a total dick." Hmmm.
very intelligent...
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

You hid under an outside nick hoping to insult people and get away with it clean. If she did that, she'd get banned too. Not wasting my time on this any more.
JackSparrow
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Post by JackSparrow »

Since when for insulting the other gets a ban? In that case Ronald_Reagan should be banned for 10 years (come to him racist content) .. ah no so forget it's buddy of KingSalamander. Sektor I hope you do something about it. So on the occasion. What right KingSalamander kicks people for fun?
Ronald_Reagan
Ped
Ped
GH nick: Ronald_Reagan

Post by Ronald_Reagan »

JackSparrow wrote:Since when for insulting the other gets a ban? In that case Ronald_Reagan should be banned for 10 years (come to him racist content) .. ah no so forget it's buddy of KingSalamander. Sektor I hope you do something about it. So on the occasion. What right KingSalamander kicks people for fun?
I stole a nick at some point and got a warning for it, like you did. Then I didn't keep stealing nicks.

Dipshit :lol:
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

batman is his alternative nick :D he used it many times...
JackSparrow
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Post by JackSparrow »

When I'm on mIRC, I use Batman.
EDIT : I still have a ban. Also still not got a clear reason why. Then explain to me why the Sektor is incompetent person (KingSalamander) are acting as the administrator?

KingSalamander apparently do not have problems sometimes, why people who do not have time to perform administrative functions, banning people about the reason "because you're wasting my time"?
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Salamander is well-known for being trigger-happy with the Op controls.

Only spambots and hackers should get a ban which lasts multiple days. If Salamander set it to multiple days at the time, I'd say that's going too far. If he's been renewing the ban after reading this topic and getting in a strop about it, he should not longer be an Op.

Ops must act responsibly and lead by example.
JackSparrow
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Post by JackSparrow »

Can i ask what is this ? Can someone explain me why administrators harass users?

20:24:56 You were kicked from #gta2gh by KingSalamander (It was a magnificent day, the bells in the church rang loud, and the local nunnery agreed to supply the festival of my coming with wine.)
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

Because you're a spamming ban evading hypocrite dipshit, wasn't I being clear? Post the rest of the screenshots.
JackSparrow
Jaywalker
Jaywalker

Post by JackSparrow »

LoL? I have not spoke to two hours!
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

BenMillard wrote:Ops must act responsibly and lead by example.
DrSlony wrote:Because you're a spamming ban evading hypocrite dipshit, wasn't I being clear?
Sektor, I recommend we remove DrSlony/Salamander's operator status for a while. See if that makes the channel a nicer place or if his sense of "order" is necessary for it to be usable.

At least 1 week, at most 1 month, I'd say. A few people have operator status these days, so it won't leave the channel too vulnerable.

I've shown Gustavob how to manage negative situations in a positive way. Perhaps I should have addressed the lesson to DrSlony/Salamander, too. (Vaguely recall that being done in that past, maybe a year ago?)
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

Thank you kindly for the lessons, Ben. I recommend we execute Gustavob for banning ops when specifically told days, minutes and seconds before an op kick never to do so, and to send you to Siberia for your bloated sense of righteousness. See if that makes the channel and the internet as a whole a nicer place or if your sense of "order" is necessary for it to be usable. At least a week, at most 1 month, I'd say. And I propose we make Jack and Baron ops. Jack because people like you seem to respond favorably so eagerly to that deceitful, spamming, ban evading, hypocrite dipshit (why on Earth lift a finger against such a fine fellow, we should act responsibly and hijack nicks, spam, insult and harass people from non-GH nicks by example.. but I preach to the choir, you know best since you speak Polish so fluently), and Baron because he never banned anyone... except if they insulted his clan. Oh and happy belated Gunpowder Plot day. Terrorism FTW
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

I rest my case.
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

Equally ridiculous.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

speaking of unbans and op taking... I was in Ukraine it this summer. When I came back my hop had gone. Can sb explain me what i did to lost it?
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

perhaps you didnt connect to IRC with nick Razor for over 30 days causing your nick to be unregistered and your halfop to be automatically removed
You just lost the game.