reversed code

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: Pizzadox

reversed code

Post by Pizzadox »

Hello, Have anyone ran into leaked code or reversed for GTA2?
Im willing to try to recreate a multiplayer mode correctly unlike that lan bullshit with 6 player limit, However I still dont know if its worth it because I know its possible to make it much easier by porting GTA2 map and some assets to Fivem or GTA3 multiplayer, And again I dont sure if it worth the amount of work because might be that nobody will play it?
And one more thing that stops me from doing it that I never messed with multiplayer softwares before so I have very little knowledge about it, I dont even know what engine that game runs on and any logic about it. I usually code cheats for games games I play like counter strike or left4dead by reverse enginering of course but if anyone got any leaked source code of that game so I can learn how it works it would be great
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Re: reversed code

Post by Pizzadox »

wow, I found ALOT of useful info in this forum section viewforum.php?f=22 but its quite a mess haha
im currently sitting in a house arrest until 02/2022 so I have loads of time to dig into it
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

After reading abit I was about to giveup due to the amount of work and how messy that game is
but I found that some people are very active on this type of topic\
check his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1uaCT ... VAInOUEY2A
i bang hoes
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

It’s a custom engine, if you can even call it that. People have been wanting better GTA2 multiplayer since release in 1999, so I’m sure you’d get players.

h0x091B has done some great reversing work relatively recently. I suggest joining his discord https://discord.com/invite/H7tBftD
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

Sektor wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 22:23 It’s a custom engine, if you can even call it that. People have been wanting better GTA2 multiplayer since release in 1999, so I’m sure you’d get players.

h0x091B has done some great reversing work relatively recently. I suggest joining his discord https://discord.com/invite/H7tBftD
Yes I joined, But the shame is hes just about reversing it to make somekinda debug trainer of the game, Noting about online.
I read somewhere on this forum your post from 2019 I think and you said you started working on syncing the multiplayer not by keys but with coords which the ideal way to make a correct multiplayer software for any game not just gta

While playing gta2 I was thinking about how cool and "revolutionary" it would be to create RP server with many different NPCs with dialogs and missions in it with like 100 players, It will be a new wave of online gaming. but still this game has so many flaws that it would take maybe 5-8 years to make, The coding language of the game is so poor that its a must to create a framework to run over it.. Just so much work. Its really might be better to convert it to GTAV Fivem but some stuff like cars/peds/physics would be real hard to replicate
Its just a big ass headache
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

hi again, i started working on a gta2 mod for fivem. theres loads of work left, many many days even months of work

i was thinking about what possible and no possible to port, i figured out all gta2's features are portable except for playermodels
i already ported the map, and the map broken real hard, loads of collisions needs to be edited to fit the game right

edit: some more progress made
i bang hoes
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

Just a idea

We dont need to reverse 100% of GTA2 code.
There is no point in recreating it in DirectX, Dx is complex, OpenGL is alot easier and gets even better GFX.
IMHO Most important thing that make game live:

1) PED AI
2) CAR AI

Pretty much it.
We know how to render map. Very easy. Lighting also.
We know how to parse map scripts. We can recreate script parsing and figure out how to move game objects according to script.
This all is very doable from scratch.
Same with Audio.

I have working and lighting fast script (.mis) parser. No problems with parsing any scripts.
I even got a RAW .scr parser from one private guy. So we can read .scr files from memory (like GTA2).

People who reverse (including me), really should take more attention to PED and CAR AI in GTA2.
Thats all we need.

The PED and CAR AI in GTA2 is specific, that makes it look like GTA2. I know it sounds weird but you get the point.

Ped, car AI, cop chase the car (same car AI).
Thats what we need to make another GTA2.

I guess there is no point in trying to recreate GTA2 100%.
Its easily done with rendering map, map / script objects, peds.

I can render everything and look and walk around in city whole day but its not GTA2.

Its just the AI that makes it go alive and makes it GTA2. Period!

And some guys here ask, what about multiplayer? I dont care about that. I dont play MP.
But again, its easy with todays technologies and libs.

I have worked on reversing some time and found lots of PED stuff already.
Did lots of work and sleeples nights but it takes more work to fully find out everything
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

and better multiplayer ofc :)
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

Yeah, although I never played MP.
20 years or so back I wanted to play but internet provider had needed ports closed and couldn't play it.

Currently im digging into archives to find different versions of GTA2 installers and other DMA design games.
They help to get more useful info in exe's.

I have found lots of useful code inside within few days.
I can handle cops, peds, muggers and car thiefs.
Lot's of fun stuff found.

Not as hard as i thought.
Of course im documenting everything.
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

B-$hep wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 19:07 Yeah, although I never played MP.
20 years or so back I wanted to play but internet provider had needed ports closed and couldn't play it.

Currently im digging into archives to find different versions of GTA2 installers and other DMA design games.
They help to get more useful info in exe's.

I have found lots of useful code inside within few days.
I can handle cops, peds, muggers and car thiefs.
Lot's of fun stuff found.

Not as hard as i thought.
Of course im documenting everything.
thats really impressive but the question is what all those stuff can do to actually improve the game in any means?
i bang hoes