New game: Top down city!

Talk about top down games, GTA V and other crime games here.
JernejL
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: RedShirt

Re: New game: Top down city!

Post by JernejL » 11 Nov 2019, 07:49

Good news: I've gotten hold-throw added for grenades / molotovs, etc.. this allows for some control on where the object will fall.

I also added another distance model for weapon particles, now it can have effect on center of object or on the closest edge of it - this will allow for landmines and to work and in future, oil slicks.

JernejL
Psycho
Psycho

Post by JernejL » 12 Nov 2019, 17:40

Got tank drive-over logic done and i can now show how molotovs are thrown :)

Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
GH nick: Logofero

Post by Logofero » 12 Nov 2019, 18:21

JernejL wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 17:40
Got tank drive-over logic done and i can now show how molotovs are thrown :)

I see you still added the tank the ability to ride on the roofs of vehicles :-)

Progress is good. However, damage to the vehicles on which the tank is still needed.

JernejL
Psycho
Psycho

Post by JernejL » 14 Nov 2019, 10:55

Damage has been added :) so what do you say - could you make graphics for dummy editors?

jericho
Mugger
Mugger

Post by jericho » 14 Nov 2019, 12:48

Looks very awesome.

Btw, why are pedestrians (and player) are thrown out of car when it explodes? Is this a kinda limitation of the peds state machine - it cannot be in both 'dead' and 'sitting-in-car' states simultaneously?

Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
GH nick: Logofero

Post by Logofero » 14 Nov 2019, 16:57

JernejL wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 10:55
Damage has been added :) so what do you say - could you make graphics for dummy editors?
About the icons. I did not answer because now I have nothing to answer you.

The fact is that I still have a difficult financial situation. I was looking for many options on how to earn income, but not one was not justified. Engaging in free GTA art is simply irrational for me, but I don’t want to charge you. Since we all have a completely different course on this site, this work is not burdened with money and obligations.

I hope you understand me. I would love to draw these icons if I had more free time.

Now I started studying Unity, and there is no time left for another. Since I still dream of placing my game for a living, in order to have money for subsistence (for food, housing and personal items).

I am a creative person, but in the country where I live, they try to limit us (creative people) and make it impossible to earn with our intellect. Therefore, many have left and continue to leave the country, but I have no place to go, but the main thing is that I do not want to leave my homeland. Therefore, one has to face the walls of not understanding and harmful effects (in other words, pressure).

For example, now in connection with the political confrontation, the freedom of the Internet is in question and I do not know how long I can be in touch with you.

Therefore, if I suddenly disappear for a long time from the network, most likely I have no way to connect to the site or not to use the network.

But we will be optimistic. In any case, I wish your project success and the first mass beta test with an online minimum of 100 people. Let TDC fill its niche in 2D online games and get the love of old school GTA fans. When you decide to start the server, you can freely use without restrictions all my mods created for TDC on the server.

Perhaps later you will implement the auto-download modification function when people enter the game. This will be a very useful feature. Wish you luck! I will still follow your releases. If possible, I will release an update for TDC DLC, but I will comment on something. I will keep the status of an observer only.

JernejL
Psycho
Psycho

Post by JernejL » 15 Nov 2019, 14:02

jericho wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 12:48
Looks very awesome.

Btw, why are pedestrians (and player) are thrown out of car when it explodes? Is this a kinda limitation of the peds state machine - it cannot be in both 'dead' and 'sitting-in-car' states simultaneously?

It's just a workaround to make some things easier and to fix some crashes from a long time ago - mainly in cleanup routines.
it will be removed, as it's not ok to keep it this way.

Logofero: no worries, i hope you get your finances in order.

And auto-download of mod packs is planned, it's not yet written but i set up mechanisms to allow for this because i really want that a person can connect to a game and automaticly download all needed files, this is integral for supporting mods.

elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter » 15 Nov 2019, 15:32

and please add ipv6 support. i got fucked by my isp and only have ds-lite now. so no gta2 online and no hosting other games.
yur sa'nok ngeyä

JernejL
Psycho
Psycho

Post by JernejL » 15 Nov 2019, 20:03

I can link to ipv4 enet internet library in source code form that works stable ( this version: https://github.com/rasberryrabbit/enet-freepascal ), and i have a version that supports ipv6 but it has sort of a strange disconnect bug - i will probably get this resolved in future (i don't see why i couldn't modify the working enet i have to ipv6 version myself)

This is my bug report in ipv6 enet: https://github.com/BeRo1985/pasenet/issues/1 - the dude also suggest another library he wrote, i implemented that too but could not get it to fully work yet, the thing is, i have no intention to be stuck on ipv4 only, so this will be a priority to get it working in the future.

JernejL
Psycho
Psycho

Post by JernejL » 20 Nov 2019, 13:11

Jericho: I managed to clean up the hacks that blocked death and vehicle states from working together, i can say game mechanics feel better with this.
It even supports entering car with dead person in it, you just pull them out and corpses stay on the ground.

I managed to update map editor to have a basic map text file export and import, this way it can import maps from other games or serve as a better intermediate format - for calculating map differences or distribution, this does not yet contain the rest of map data (areas, paths, objects) but it is a good start.

JernejL
Psycho
Psycho

Post by JernejL » 05 Dec 2019, 08:04

Some progress made:

I've finally added a basic minimap and finished GUI fixes - finally removed frontend interface and fixed a bunch of pickup issues.
Cars were all upgraded to new shape system - that allows for really complex vehicle shapes and multiple pieces, this also allows for correct setting up truck trailer hitchup areas :)