This is good news. Waiting for updates!
And I will soon release something from myself for the current version of TDC.
I have a question. After restoring the OS, full screen stopped working (the window appeared on the left side at the edge of the monitor when the screen was full), but i have solved the problem by restoring the video card drivers, after noticed a problem with the game window:
When the game starts, the window does not appear in the center, but from the upper left corner of the screen. Was this done on purpose? How can I make it possible to start in the center?
When creating the mod, I was faced with the fact that only health began to fall out of the wooden box - this is due to the fact that I changed the names of the weapons in the game.sqlite3/weapons table to new ones. For this reason, I had a suggestion to improve the drop mechanism and not only:
1. Any object can become a "surprise box" after destroyed/picked for this you need to add the appropriate flag in the properties of the object.
2. If the object is a box of ammunition, then it should have a parameter where all the names and the amount of what will be issued when the box is destroyed/picked up are displayed: weapons, experience points, life, armor, money, etc.
3. An object that you can sit on top of for example a "bench" should have an animation in which you can see the skin from above. The same parameter should be for cars "convertibles" (cars without a roof).
4. I would like to have a variable in which you can specify the names of the cars that will travel around the city. It would also be great to adjust the traffic density for cars and pedestrians depending on the time and location zone.
5. The auto signal should only work when pressed again (without sticking). The alarm for special vehicles should switch to mode 2 (accelerated operation of the siren), when pressed in the signal keys.
6. The radio. I would like to be able to play the sound track in the car and switch on/off. And not only. if I had the opportunity to play/stop the track at the specified point.
7. Looking for ambient city sounds. The big city makes noise in the morning and becomes a little quieter at night - this creates the effect of presence.
8. Let me ask you once again to add a variable for a car that will strictly set the color of the sprite when spawning a car - this will be useful when you need only 1 or 2 default colors. But this parameter should not limit repainting when custom color setting at the level of the game script.
9. In the chat, when the server starts, the Cyrillic alphabet is not supported instead of the void characters. With the Latin alphabet, everything is ok.
There are other comments as well, but I will wait until the release of the new version. Since it’s possible you have already fixed them.
P.S.: I ask you to take all these proposals only as a reflection on the topic of improving something. But not bearing a binding character. Perhaps you will like something from this and you decide to add it. Then it will be doubly useful.
Published the current demo version of your engine on moddb: https://www.moddb.com/games/tdc
And published TDC GTA 2 DLC: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tdc-dlc/down ... c-gta2-dlc
I have long wanted to offer this feature. During the development of the DLC, I had to create new models on the gang decals, but this can be solved differently:
Need the ability to install decals on top of the car (like those on gang cars). Then it will not be necessary to create models for each decal, and decals can be imposed on any car. Also, this feature will allow tuning cars applying new extra components (for example, strips on the hood or the inscription on the roof).
Also, decals should have their own color so that it can be repainted separately from the car body.