GTA2 DTD Version 1.0

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Re: GTA2 DTD V.1.5

Post by Pyro »

You don't need another topic for an update to your map, just update your existing one. Sektor, can you merge them together perhaps? Cheers.
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: Raef/ RaefGH

Re: GTA2 DTD V.1.5

Post by Alberto »

Pyro, would you like to check my Problems?
Sektor, please merge them together sorry
The fuck you looking at?
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: GTA2 DTD Version 1.0

Post by BenMillard »

I've merged the v1.5 topic into the v1.0 topic.

You can edit the first message to update the topic title. You should copy-paste the newest screenshot into the first message, too.
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Alberto »

How to add ZONES ?
The fuck you looking at?
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Alberto wrote:How to add ZONES ?
Download Epic GTA2 Map Editor, load your map, click "zones" button from left, and then just click to add zones (read instructions from left side of the window). then just click file -> save -> zones, and you are done.
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Alberto »

When i press Zones and select it on the map, it makes it a restart point
The fuck you looking at?
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Yeah... that is normal.
(read instructions from left side of the window)
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Alberto »

Well i added the gangs, but i didnt see the gang cars?
why?
The fuck you looking at?
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Because you need to declare a MAP_ZONE (name) in your script, where the name of it matches the exact name of the zone in the map itself (no spaces allowed!). Check out this tutorial (scroll down for section named 'Gang Cars') for information on how to do it.

For more information on map zones in scripts, feel free to check out my topic on it (scroll down under 'Map Zones').
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Alberto »

Can i add one or more Information Phone?
cuz in the script file when i add one or more phone and Compile, it says answer_phone: already declared in Script!
help?
The fuck you looking at?
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

We cant help you without any code. But i think it is because you are using a function name for the variable.

Besides you already asked that:
http://gtamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6764#p6764
Where i also gave one possible solution.

Try to discuss about your problem in one place in the future.
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Again, like TM said in your other post, you can't have two (or more) variables with the same name.

As for phones, I yet again refer you to look at my post here as this is the most basic type of phone - an information phone. For each phone you'll need to change the names (like ans_phone1:, ans_phone2: and so on).

And yes, please keep all your stuff related to this project in this thread alone - no need to make multiple threads, thanks.
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Alberto »

I Repeated the Question Because i didnt understand T.M Answer.
How to make GTA1 Cars passes in GTA2 Map?
and How to make the gangs members more, i setup the gangs but, i only see three or four people each time i enters the gang place
How to make them more?
The fuck you looking at?
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

It's kind of hard to read your post but I think you want to get GTA1 cars in GTA2 and more gang members in zones?

To get GTA1 cars into GTA2, you need to export the cars image and the images for damage (called deltas) from the GTA1 files and then import them into a GTA2 STY file, you need to replace existing vehicles though. Not only this, you'd have to change the collision size of the vehicles and change the car handling in the GCI file.

Take a look at the converted GTA1 maps, especially Miami as this has GTA1 style cars but has not had the GCI handling updated so it actually plays a bit weird. It's not really worth the effort doing all that if you're just going to make a small map.

As for gang members, you can increase the density by using the MAP_ZONE command where they are located. Check out my post and scroll down for 'Map Zones' which has a tutorial and explains what each value is.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

yur sa'nok ngeyä
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Alberto »

Well i have some questions, i hope you can help me sirs.
1.i want to make a door, when im near this door, it opens instantly, can someone tell me how to do that?
2.i want to make a second door, which when i enters it, it sends/transfers me to a second place? how to set that?
3.i want to set a door, and a generator object, when i exploads this object the door opens? how to do that?

thanks
The fuck you looking at?
CarThief
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: CarThief

Post by CarThief »

I hope you know how to make a door, if you're not too familiar with that yet, go look at this one. Though if you're not making it a garage to park in, and just a passageway, just place it in a way it wont be a garage. I believe they are set to open automatically by default anyway when their target gets close enough.
No need to use HAS_PARK_FINISHED() and PARK commands either if not making a garage.

Here's what i use to as passageway to the Ice Cream Factory in my map:
[mis]DOOR_DATA Global_IceCreamDoor = DOUBLE (212, 24, 2) (212.5, 24.0, 2.0, 3.0, 2.0) LEFT 0 ANY_PLAYER CLOSE_WHEN_CLEAR 0 NOT_FLIPPED NOT_REVERSED[/mis]

As for a door that transports you, i suggest you check out some of Elypter's maps, like his Rocket Chamber, entering the side doors puts you on the opposite side. I think its basically a door like the one above, but with a WARP_FROM_CAR_TO_POINT command when far enough past the door.
Edit: I think its the 'rocha' mis files you should take a look through to see and learn how its done.

For the last one, you'll probaly want a door like the top one again, and manually lock it with CLOSE_DOOR(doorname). Then check for if the Generator(model POWERGEN) is dead/broken with CHECK_OBJ_MODEL(generatorname, POWERGEN_DEAD) (POWERGEN changes to POWERGEN_DEAD when 'killed') and if that is true, enable the command OPEN_DOOR(doorname).
You can also use INVISIBLE_DESTRUCTIBLE as a generator and check for the model to change into INVISIBLE_DEAD. This is a invisible version of the generator, and is used in say, a mission in Residential where you wreck some fans by throwing molotovs or grenades in them. This does still explode like the normal generator.
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Alberto »

i used this CODE carthief, but instead of making a door, the place where i put the door made it all AIR, So if i passed it, i fell down the map,
i'll check elypter's map
The fuck you looking at?
CarThief
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: CarThief

Post by CarThief »

Hm, you're a bit unclear and vague here, you used what code? And placing the door caused blocks to become or act like air...? You did make your own door with the correct X, Y and Z coordinates didnt you? The door code i posted is just an example of what i used for a player-passable door in my own map, without ajustments, especially on the coordinates it wont be compatible in your map.

Might want to go over that tutorial again, and check any script files of maps that have doors. One of the best ways to learn how to make something is to simply open up the script file of a interesting map (if it has one) and see how its made. Or atleast should give an clear idea on how to make it.

Hm, or is your door not appearing on screen? If so you should take a second look at DECLARE_DOOR_INFO(tilestart, tileend, tilespeed) and the gfx_id of the code in the tutorial, which might as well be either 0 or 1, as im not sure if it'll remember or allow more then 2 of these.
DECLARE_DOOR_INFO can be called atleast 2 times (possibily more), but the command itself does not set a number for gfx_id to use. Instead, once its called for the first time, it is set on 0, call it a second time and the second one is set to 1, and the next one on 2, and so on...
So to use the first door info with gfx_id use 0, for the second one use 1, and so on. All this in order from top to bottom. Of course this like many door commands except OPEN and CLOSE_DOOR and the one that makes doors automatic or manual will need to be put before LEVELSTART.

And if it does not open when getting close enough you may have a misplaced area to check for. Using the Epic GTA2 editor you can manually alter the size and position of the area the door will check for.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/81 ... dmhdp.png/
I'd put it here but God knows where Imageshack's thumbnail option went... Go here for a direct link instead.
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Alberto »

when you make a pravment, people appears
how to make those people fight with each other ?
it happened in a mission in level one
----------
how to add traffic for cars (it appears over the street) ?
The fuck you looking at?