Removing the player arrows on multiplayer maps

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Benzor
Ped
Ped

Removing the player arrows on multiplayer maps

Post by Benzor »

Hi all,

I've been trying to find out how to remove the arrows pointing to other players in multiplayer - exactly how it's been done in Sektor's Tiny Town No Arrow map. I've investigated those map files and searched these forums and the GTA2 modding wiki, but I can't find/figure out exactly how to do it. In the Tiny Town No Arrow (TTNA) map files, it appears that the only file that is changed is the .sty file (is this correct?), but after searching I cannot find out how to edit .sty files or what tool I need to do so (and specifically in order to achieve what I want).

I thought maybe I could apply the "hospital" zone to the whole map so that no arrows would appear, but after looking at the TTNA map in the Epic Map Editor, it appears that Sektor didn't do that, so I'm not sure whether that would work.

So in summary, I was wondering if anyone is able to explain to me what I need to do in order to remove the arrows from ANY multiplayer map (eg. downtown), be it scripting, mapping or whatever, and what tools I need in order to do it. I've never modded GTA2 before so bare that in mind when explaining!

Cheers,

Benzor
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Removing the player arrows on multiplayer maps

Post by Sektor »

I just replaced the arrows with a transparent image in the STY file. I used STY Tool, it's on the http://gtamp.com/gta2/tools page.
Benzor
Ped
Ped

Re: Removing the player arrows on multiplayer maps

Post by Benzor »

Worked perfectly, thanks!