Nextlaualli

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Nextlaualli

Post by elypter »

I used MrBannys Atztec map to create Nextlaualli (this is a word in the Aztec language Nahuatl and means: Sacrifice to the gods)
http://gta2dare.omnitude.net/maplist/li ... p=aztec.7z

You start on the mountains where you can find flamer, electro and rockets but you won't be able to get up there and on the rest of the map you wont find those weapons. You might think that cars will be overpowered but i also reduced their strength. a shotgun becomes a real car killer on this map.

Last edited by elypter on 08 Aug 2011, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: Nextlaualli

Post by BenMillard »

A map won't become popular if the name is difficult to understand, hard to type and hard to remember.

I suggest calling it Aztec Sacrifice if that's part of the actual gameplay. This would list it next to the original level and help to indicate it's a modified version of a previous map. (Like the many "Zooka Arena foo" levels, for example.)

The map image seems to crop off quite a lot of the playable area and doesn't show weapons. I'll help you test this during next week.

(EDIT) The readme file is for "Blast City - Ghost Town" so I guess this is a test version, for now. :-)
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Re: Nextlaualli

Post by elypter »

that name was a random find. i could have translated something else but i liked it. It's a bit long and not too easy to pronounce ;) but it's intended to look foreign.
If you want it easy strip off -laualli und call it "next"; simple and easy to remember.

I had "Aztec" in the name before but first, mixing 2 languages in the title ugly and second there is another unfinished map called Aztec (conversion of the cs map)

a screenshot of the whole map looked too chaotic.

thats a left over from the folder that i copied. i didn't adapt it yet.
yur sa'nok ngeyä