Mech War

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Mech War

Post by Sektor »

http://gtamp.com/maps/mechwar.7z

Small arena with unlimited ammo for all weapons.

No other map has this much artwork replaced. All that hard work was done by JernejL, some vehicles by Robert Turovinen. I just made a really quick map and wrote a multiplayer script for it.

Laggy video of a 3 player game we played: http://www.justin.tv/vikethehube/b/290019152
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Re: Mech War

Post by B-$hep »

That "thing" with flamethrower looks like mechs from MeshCommander 2.
What is this? New ped / player remap?

When did JernejL replaced the GFX? Long time ago or it's his recent work?
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

there is a little strange behavior with the mechs. if you have car flamer selected it sometimes switches to jeep gun. is that intended or a bug?
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I had that happen too. It wasn't intentional but a weapon overheating from too much use could be interesting.

It might be running out of ammo because everything is in a WHILE instead of WHILE_EXEC and there are lots of DELAY_HERE commands. Some of that is necessary for the walking animation to be displayed.

The unlimited ammo was just for fun. I will adjust everything so you only have sensible weapons and you only get a limited amount of electrogun/rocket launcher each time you respawn. The robots need to be stronger.
B-$hep wrote:That "thing" with flamethrower looks like mechs from MeshCommander 2.
What is this? New ped / player remap?

When did JernejL replaced the GFX? Long time ago or it's his recent work?
It's a replacement for the gunjeep. JernejL made it years ago but the map he used it on wasn't stable.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

yeah, thats true, some gameplay adjustments would be nice. maybe also delete some on foot weapons. pistol for example. its nice to see the custom items of them but i think you have too many weapons to switch through on that small arena.
Oh, and also adjust the skid behavior of the mechs in the gci file to avoid skidmarks
yur sa'nok ngeyä