GTA 2 New Patch ideas

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).

Would you like a new patch?

Would be awesome!
75%
I can't wait for it!
17%
I did not expected it!
No votes
How is it possible?
8%
Not really..
No votes
I think there's enough patch..
No votes
NO NEED FOR HACKS!!!!
No votes
NO!
No votes

Total votes: 12

Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: Scearezt

GTA 2 New Patch ideas

Post by Scearezt »

If you guys are working on a new patch then I've some ideas for it... and not just ideas sure...

-Walking | It's now possible in Multi and Single Player too.. it's a hack, you can change between walk and run via one button!

-Rotate with mouse | It's not impossible, 'Cuz I know where's the angle was stored in the game!

-Character Change with behavior! | Not impossible, I found the character's skin, where's the game store it.. and we can easly make behavior like cops not attacking us while we're wearing cop suit...

-Specific cars with suits! | It's a little tricky, what do I mean... I know a mission in the game, when you need to steel a police car.. and when you enter the car your skin changes to a cop... that's what I mean...

-Gang member! | Yeah you know what I mean... you can be a gang member, so every other gang hates you except your current gang!

Currently no other ideas for it, but it's would be really cool if these hacks were in the game!
Comment! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Scearezt on 21 Feb 2011, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: GTA 2 New Patch ideas

Post by Sektor »

Walking would mostly be a novelty but maybe good for blending in with the crowd or dodging. I would like to try it out.

I don't want to steer with mouse but some people do. I'd be more interested in those memory locations for making something like MTA for GTA2.

Character Change with behavior, Specific cars with suits and Gang member can all be done with GTA2 script.
Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Scearezt »

I think you can try the walking... the crashes was fixed up... everything works fine with it... PM if you want to know more about it and how to do it ;)
Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Scearezt »

Oh... and for specific car with suits, player able to choose if he/she wants to change his/her clothes or not... with a button sure... Would be awesome! Contact me if you want these memory locations!
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

what about creating a log from multiplayer games? Eg:

Code: Select all

---Gta2 Log---
Map: "mapname"
Players: "p1,...px"
TimeLimit: "time"
Cops "on/off"
GameType "game type"

Game starts at: Date/Time

10:30:30 Player JackSparrow collects electrogun
10:31:30 Player Kamil killied Jack Sparrow with RocketLauncher. [Frag status P1:x, p2:y...]
would be cool to store whole information but statistics will be fine too.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I vote for the walking one and the option of using the mouse for aiming. Could the mouse also be used to shoot as well? That'd be great if it can be done...

As Sektor said, the rest of your ideas are interesting, but we can do that with scripting already :)
Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Scearezt »

Hey, I got a new idea! I've just hacked around as usually I do.. and what I've hacked... it's useless but cool :lol:

Below the pictures!

The Sides(Any Car e.g.:Police Car):
LEFT SIDE
LEFT SIDE
PC0.PNG (284.32 KiB) Viewed 36843 times
RIGHT SIDE
RIGHT SIDE
PC1.PNG (283.6 KiB) Viewed 36843 times
BACK LEFT SIDE
BACK LEFT SIDE
PC2.PNG (281.7 KiB) Viewed 36843 times
BACK RIGHT SIDE
BACK RIGHT SIDE
PC3.PNG (281.57 KiB) Viewed 36843 times
And works with VANS too... (Any Van)
Works with VANS too...
Works with VANS too...
PC4.PNG (290.49 KiB) Viewed 36843 times
EDIT:

Oh and Elvis confused with this Van :shock:
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

thats partially possible too on tiny tiny town army. when you press horn in some cars you get on the backseat. taxi, limo and bankvan for example. completely free door choosing would be nice though
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Scearezt »

That's not all that I've got..

I'll show you something that never seen before(or does? lol!), too awesome to see it but I'll show you guys, and I hope it's in the new patch!
|-!MUST BE IN THE PATCH!-|

Take a look fellow! :

YEA I GOT IT! I got the ****** address of the model! haha! :]

Hope you guys like it! And would you like it in the next patch? Yes or no, please comment!

Peace! 8-)
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Could you mirror the enter/exit animation during runtime, when using doors on the passenger side of the car? GTA2 makes you get in/out backwards if you aren't using the driver's side. 3D editions of GTA mirror the animations at runtime but they have far more sophisticated system, of course.

We have converted most of the GTA London stuff from GTA1 into GTA2. But the door enter/exit animation was still a weak point, last time I looked. We could mirror each sprite in the .sty and door positions. But that still leaves the same "backwards" effect when using the passenger side.

There can be a strategic advantage to using the back door of vans. Often it just means you get squashed by attacking player, as you cannot jump in time! :lol:
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Changing your character to a mugger or any other ped is cool but I doubt it will be added in a patch since it can already be done with GTA2 script.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

you can use my car converter to switch door sides from gta london cars. either change the script file or rename the delta files
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Scearezt »

Damn that script :)
But you can change it when you want, no need for script knowledge. :mrgreen:
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

I like the "get-in-out-different-door-hack" a lot. This would give multiplayer more strategy. Perhaps also less door-hit-kills. :)

Combine it with team map and let other players join the same car and we have a win!!! :mrgreen:
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

i like this feature too but you can drive in teams already on tiny tiny town army.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

press num+enter and you can choose doors : also multiplayer support for more that 1 player would be cool.
Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Scearezt »

"players join the same car"

I've hacked the taxi, so, infinite ped can enter into a taxi lol :)
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

funny, but you can do that in sty file too.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Scearezt »

oookay, I think you guys didnt understand me... With hacks, you can change the value WHILE playing, any map any time.. no need for script knowledge and other stuff... faster way.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Scearezt wrote:oookay, I think you guys didnt understand me... With hacks, you can change the value WHILE playing, any map any time.. no need for script knowledge and other stuff... faster way.
I don't think you understand what we're saying - a lot of these things can be done by script anyway so why make more work for yourself? In single player these would be fun for a while but how would you justify it in multiplayer when everyone can suddenly change remap, modifying cars capacity etc? It would totally unbalance the multiplayer mode.

From what I've read in this topic, it seems people are in favour of:
  • Being able to walk or run with a toggle.
  • Enter/exit from any vehicle door.
  • Possibly using the mouse to aim and/or fire with mouse button.
Other things, as mentioned, can be done with scripting or modifying a single entry in a STY file for car capacity for example. So, in my opinion anyway, I'd like to see you make the previously mentioned functions work correctly and possibly work with Vike/Sektor on it.

Since you are learning quite a lot about memory stuff for GTA2, perhaps you could search for where things like Double Damage, Rapid Fire, Invulnerability etc are stored? Since there is no scripting command in GTA2 that lets me directly give a player such a bonus item (I have to make an object on the floor first, then the player picks it up), it'd be nice if its possible to "give" someone a bonus like that. Hell, this could possibly be expanded into modifying the timers for these bonuses and, call me crazy, giving things like Double Damage and Rapid Fire to NPC's? Could even finally pave the way for adding new scripting commands...

Of course, that is totally optional! :shock: