Block Fort Tag Revisited

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).

How do you rate this Map?

1 Piss Poor
No votes
No votes
No votes
13%
No votes
No votes
No votes
13%
13%
10 Best of the Best!
63%

Total votes: 8

Wario5
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: Wario5

Block Fort Tag Revisited

Post by Wario5 »

Block_fort_tag.zip
(34.49 KiB) Downloaded 2441 times
Hello all,

I've finally had a change to sit down and add a few things that were lacking in the original Block Fort Series. As part of this overhaul to my classic maps, I preset to you, the new Block Fort Tag!

This is an individual release of Block for Tag, which is designed to replace the previous version. Simply extract to your /gta2/data folder and overwrite any existing block fort files that it requests.

Also, you may have to clear the BFT-2p.mmp - BFT-6p.mmp files from your /gta2/data/tempmmp/ folder to clear out the Gamehunter stored mmps from the original version.

Here's whats been added:

1) Lights - You can now play in dusk mode with full lighting effects
2) Parked Cars - Balanced for multiplay, all parked cars respawn after a short delay.
3) Machine Gun Gang - Pickup the kill frenzy icon to add 9 gang members with machine guns to your party. If they die, visit a payphone to call off the mission. Then you can go back to any corner and pickup some more :D
4) 1 Player Army support - If you are bored with no one to play, play in 1 player mode to duke it out with the army.
5) Grey arrow removed - No more hard to see player one arrow, grey arrow is no longer a marker for any player.
6) Various other cosmetic fixes - changed spawn zone order, added more weapons, balanced gameplay.
7) .MIS file included - something that was left out in the original release, take a look at it if you like, its free to use in your own map if you like, just throw me a line in your special thanks :D

I hope that you enjoy this map as much as I've enjoyed making it. Look for more classic updates in the weeks/months to follow :D

Special Thanks:

[DAFE] - with his release of DDV, the coding he used proved invaluable to the development of some of the features used in this map. He's spent countless evenings going over line by line of code with me to tweak/fix. Thank you!

Sektor - Of course, without GameHunter, this community wouldn't exist. Way to go m8.

Razor - The machine gunner's gang was inspired by Razor's MStyle map, and much of the code in this release follows his blueprint. Thanks for a look at your .mis file man!

All my beta testers, such as [DAFE], Pige, ThePurpleNug, and our beloved Ronald_Reagan.

Signing out for now,

Wario5
Last edited by Wario5 on 18 Nov 2009, 03:04, edited 3 times in total.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Re: Block Fort Tag Revisited

Post by Razor »

sweet we will play it for sure :)
Wario5
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: Wario5

Post by Wario5 »

Also, please vote or comment with your words of praise or criticism on the map!
ThePurpleNug
Ped
Ped
GH nick: ThePurpleNug

Post by ThePurpleNug »

It's pretty much ballin'. As my african american friends would say. 8-)
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

The gang members seem a bit overpowered but it does change the gameplay from the standard deathmatch.
DAFE
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by DAFE »

Hey pal,

So far I like it! Seems to be pretty solid now...except for the odd desynch, which can be the norm depending on connection speeds :S I find that the machine gun gang adds a nice change. I sometimes use them in game for an extra hand of help, sometimes I go balls out alone at the opponents!

I enjoyed helping you out with this effort as much as you helped me out with my first offering, DAFE's Death Valley :)

The machine gun gangs are triggered by the Kill Frenzy Icons in each corner of the map in case anyone was wondering, allowed once per life, or by reactivating them at payphones.

Respawning parked cars are great to keep game play and fairness positive.

DUSK lighting is beautiful.

Nice update...

I was wondering if this version of Block Fort '!bft in GH' was packaged with the other versions (TEAM BFT, Full, etc?) Otherwise, it seems it might be hard for others to find the full package now based on existing links I've checked out. Correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Cya all in Game Hunter!