vike's GTA2 update patch enhancement upgrade fix v11.44

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Re: Vike's enhanced GTA2

Post by Vike the Hube »

Any changes that are gameplay altering I intend to make optional in the lobby, so if you like them you can have them, if not you don't have to have them.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

recently i (re)discovered a bug in gta. maybe it is not too hard to solve it:
-when you blow up a car bomb in a truck with trailer attached the trailer gets disconnect and the bomb ticks in the trailer, but when you do the same with an instant bomb the game crashes.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

It would be nice if you could make game speed adjustable in-game and with little bit more precision. Something like 4-6 speeds. :)
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

i alredy told to vike that fps box would be nice :D you set the limit of fps so it can be 10 or even 60:>
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

fps control would be nice but most time in Internet games you don't get that high fps. new gamespeeds like extra fast and ultra fast would be cool.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Stop entering car while using flamer from crashing the game, please.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

BenMillard wrote:Stop entering car while using flamer from crashing the game, please.
That one's surprisingly tricky. I've attempted to solve it several times before without success; although with my new information I might have a chance now.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Not sure if it's been mentioned but, the bug where you punch someone and then switch to electrogun and fire at them and they never die until you stop firing. They then stand up again before you can kill them normally. ;)
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

Pyro wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned but, the bug where you punch someone and then switch to electrogun and fire at them and they never die until you stop firing. They then stand up again before you can kill them normally. ;)
:o
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Vike the Hube wrote:
Pyro wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned but, the bug where you punch someone and then switch to electrogun and fire at them and they never die until you stop firing. They then stand up again before you can kill them normally. ;)
:o
That is no bug, that is "normal". You pin a person on the ground because of electric shock, but it's not strong enough to kill him, because he is too close to the ground.

If a person jumps, than the electro gun should not work/kill. That is a bug.
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Cuban-Pete, that doesn't make sense in the GTA2 world. Electrogun is always the same strength. So it should kill when person is stunned on the ground, like flamer and everything else. That's the bug.

Even after several "hops" over cars, Electrogun still kills in the same time. Also, punch-and-kill is a pro move which is a bizarre failure when tried with Electrogun.

Electrogun should continue to work when people are jumping because...because...electricity isn't scared of heights! :D Indeed, the Electrogun works better on slopes than any other weapon. (Probably more by accident than design but still...this is the reality of the GTA2 world.)

When a person jumps their legs are still below where their head was, so breaking the Electrogun spark would seem very strange. Escaping flamer by jumping is OK in the GTA2 world - otherwise it would be certain death.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

BenMillard wrote:Electrogun should continue to work when people are jumping because...because...electricity isn't scared of heights! :D
I don't know if it is scared of heights but electricity tries its best to get to ground. If can't get to ground then you won't get electrocuted. There's a reason birds can stand on power lines and planes get struck by lightning without catching on fire :D

I don't think it should be changed in GTA2 since it must be some seriously high voltage to jump around like that. I'm sure it would have no problem jumping a few metres to ground.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

haha,
To understand gta physics you need a very "special" kind of logic. ;) I don't think it should be changed. This glitch doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage. electrogun is strong enough and i don't think it's bad when you have sometimes the possibility to use a bit of tactic to save your ass. However i don't mind if it would be implemented with a checkbox to switch it off.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Can you make the REMOVE_ARROW ( p1 ) command remove the arrow pointing to p1?

That command compiles and doesn't crash the game but it doesn't do anything since p1 isn't an arrow.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

-would be great to do m:ss onscreen counter counts up from 0:00 ? Nice to see that in races
- change limit of on screen counters from 4 to 6 (1 counter for each player)
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Razor wrote:-would be great to do m:ss onscreen counter counts up from 0:00 ? Nice to see that in races
- change limit of on screen counters from 4 to 6 (1 counter for each player)
agreed, but maybe increase onscreen counters limit to 8 or so, or make it so there can be enough onscreen counters to "fill" the left side of screen (where counters/timers are)

About arrows, is it possible to make them appear for only one player? e.g. POINT_ARROW_AT ( arrow_name , X.x , Y.y , Z.z /*or name*/, player_name )? Would be useful for some maps (e.g. 9/11 :P)

EDIT: Is it me or Elvis dudes arent running away from cars driving/sounding horn on pavement anymore? I enabled Show Horn to take this screenshot, look:
gta2 2010-09-22 13-56-44-09.png
gta2 2010-09-22 13-56-44-09.png (437.62 KiB) Viewed 25751 times
They dont seem to run away when you shoot either. But if you kill one of them (running them over or whatever), they will run away (the killed one is at the front of my car):
gta2 2010-09-22 13-56-57-82.png
gta2 2010-09-22 13-56-57-82.png (469.84 KiB) Viewed 25751 times
You just lost the game.
Mr Zero

Post by Mr Zero »

Version 11.41 crashes every time I try to start a level... V. 11.39 works fine.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Do you have a GTA2\test folder and is it writable?
Mr Zero

Post by Mr Zero »

Sektor wrote:Do you have a GTA2\test folder and is it writable?
Haha, I thought that folder was not needed as it was empty so I had deleted it. :D Now the game works again. Thx bro!
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I reuploaded patch.7z with manager-hkcu.exe included again and a readme.txt in the test folder. Next GH will use gta2 manager.exe and I'm sure Vike will stop GTA2 from crashing if the test folder is missing.