vike's GTA2 update patch enhancement upgrade fix v11.44

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Re: Vike's enhanced GTA2

Post by Razor »

Pyro wrote:A question for Vike...

Is it possible to get the following:

:arrow: Road Block Tank Man working inside army jeeps? Game crashes if you put them in it normally. Not sure why (seeing as tanks and gun jeeps have turrets).
:arrow: Allowing things like "COLLECT_01" etc to be used with the GIVE_WEAPON command (so as well as GIVE_WEAPON ( name , weapon_name ) also have a GIVE_WEAPON ( name , collect_xx ))? Basically, is it possible to give a player a bonus powerup like double damage or fast reload through the GIVE_WEAPON command?
:arrow: Possible to add "!" and "?" to in-game chat instead of using 1 and 2 respectively?

Mostly novelty features but if it's even remotely do-able will open up even more of GTA2 :)

PS - Loving RBTM from what we've tested it with ;)
THAT FEATURES ARE COMON FOR SCRIPTERS FOR SURE

Me and Heeeeri likes those ideas and we will use them if they are changed
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

The Road Block Tank Man fix really opened a new dimension. thanks. :)
And when wanted level 6 is not enough, everyone try this ;) :
http://gtamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2386#p2386

It would be awesome if the other suggested features are implementable too, especially the "COLLECT_xx" thing. Another very useful thing(but probably hard to do) in my opinion would be a store_position ( counter, object/char/player ) command and a way to use counters for coordinates.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

Pyro wrote: :arrow: Road Block Tank Man working inside army jeeps? Game crashes if you put them in it normally. Not sure why (seeing as tanks and gun jeeps have turrets).
Probably :D
Pyro wrote: :arrow: Allowing things like "COLLECT_01" etc to be used with the GIVE_WEAPON command (so as well as GIVE_WEAPON ( name , weapon_name ) also have a GIVE_WEAPON ( name , collect_xx ))? Basically, is it possible to give a player a bonus powerup like double damage or fast reload through the GIVE_WEAPON command?
I'll have to look at it. It would be hard if they're a different type in-game, but if they're not it's probably easy.
Pyro wrote: :arrow: Possible to add "!" and "?" to in-game chat instead of using 1 and 2 respectively?
Probably :D Hopefully I can do better and add full shift support but if not I'll fall back to that.

I'll add that stuff to my list.
BenMillard wrote: Only issue is the tanks sometimes don't aim at most threatening player. For example, in Army Base, I ran across the level shooting tanks for a while and none fired back at me. They were all aiming at much more distant players who where the other side of walls, so couldn't even be killed. Ironing that out would be even neater.
Odd. Very odd. They're meant to shoot at the closest player in terms of X and Y coordinates only. Is that the behaviour you're seeing?

Unfortunately that does mean someone very close could hide behind something and distract the tank from someone else further away who kills it; but I can't really fix that because seeing there's always going to be one turret there's always going to be a way to do that. Making it so it takes into account obstacles is theoretically possible but means I'd have to find where it stores map data, and trace the path of the rocket, which is probably too hard ;-)
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

afaik there are some not used flags for cars in the sty file (shown as infoflags_2 in the sty tool). So when they exist and if they don't have any use maybe they can be turned into something useful.
i don't know how difficult this is but i guess it's not harder than the modifications before.
  • no-sink flag: if the flag is set for a car it doesn't get slowed down or sink when driving on water. This could be used to make hovercrafts.
  • tank-flag: crush cars when driving over them
  • tank/water/mg canon-flag: allow to use them on every car.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Lantyz
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: Lantyz

Post by Lantyz »

elypter wrote:no-sink flag: if the flag is set for a car it doesn't get slowed down or sink when driving on water. This could be used to make hovercrafts.
Add the slowing down-effect to normal surfaces and you can make boats, which seems an even more interesting feature to me.
Also, if there would be a flag that adds a certain delta to the car when passangers are in it, it would be very easy to create convertibles and bikes without adding a cumbersome script to every map.

Just thinking out loud here, though, I know it's a lot of wishful thinking. Please don't tell me it can't be done straight-away.
tank-flag: crush cars when driving over them
Never understood why the 'can drive over cars'-flag doesn't cover this. Is this hard-coded for the Tank only?
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Lantyz wrote: Never understood why the 'can drive over cars'-flag doesn't cover this. Is this hard-coded for the Tank only?
I guess thats because of the car weight set in the nyc.gci file, other cars arent heavy enough to explode the other ones, but the tank indeed has ome hardcoded stuff (automatically bullet and flameproof, no collide, invulnerable to wall collisions and maybe others)
You just lost the game.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I tried changing the weight of a vehicle that was set to drive over other cars but it still wouldn't completely crush vehicles like the tank can.

A proper "can drive on water" flag would be great but there are ways to drive on water without it.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Gustavob wrote:...but the tank indeed has some hardcoded stuff (automatically bullet and flameproof, no collide, invulnerable to wall collisions and maybe others)
I thought it was linked to the stat "anti-strength"? Pretty sure it is...

I remember ages back changing the APC so it could drive over other vehicles, but unfortunately it didn't destroy them like the tank could (only changed the deltas to show wrecked front/back ends on other vehicles). :x

Sektor wrote:A proper "can drive on water" flag would be great but there are ways to drive on water without it.
That video (like others you have) is just mad :P Care to explain how it's done?

As a side note, Ben and I tried driving from the highway in the west of ste.gmp in multiplayer to land on the east side of the prison grassy area and it's impossible to do as there is a hidden surface right next to the slope, so even if you hand-brake at the right time you still smash in to it, bounce off and then sink :shock:
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Pyro wrote:
Gustavob wrote:...but the tank indeed has some hardcoded stuff (automatically bullet and flameproof, no collide, invulnerable to wall collisions and maybe others)
I dont think the tank is bullet and flame proof because of its anti-strength, it doesnt lose at least 1% of its health wasting every possible machine gun, pistol, dual pistol and whatever bullet gun you like, also doesnt matter how much you use the flamethrower in it, it wont lose health, so its probably hardcoded, but the need for 4 rockets is related to the anti-strength
You just lost the game.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

Sektor wrote: A proper "can drive on water" flag would be great but there are ways to drive on water without it.
nice trick! I remember accidentally let police vibrate over water some time ago but never got it working controllably. i imagine a boat driving that way. XD but it would look a bit strange when it sinks as you stop driving. ;)
Both a "can drive on water" and a "can only drive on water" flag would be great. for the "can only drive on water", i think "water" must be extended to wet areas (tile flag "water" set to true but not first tile of an animation) because otherwise it would be impossible to get into a boat without dieing. In shot words, it should be able to drive on ALL tiles with tile flag "water" set to true
yur sa'nok ngeyä
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

Gustavob wrote:
Pyro wrote:
I dont think the tank is bullet and flame proof because of its anti-strength, it doesnt lose at least 1% of its health wasting every possible machine gun, pistol, dual pistol and whatever bullet gun you like, also doesnt matter how much you use the flamethrower in it, it wont lose health, so its probably hardcoded, but the need for 4 rockets is related to the anti-strength
not only that is hardcoded. Also the fact that it doesn't get destroyed by explosions but it does get destroyed by direct hits.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Pyro wrote:Care to explain how it's done?
Description here.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

11.41 2010-09-05
- Updated logos for gta2.exe and gta2 manager.exe. Thanks to Cuban Pete for the great new logos!
- Patched original replay files that play if you wait too long in the single player menu- they now work with 11.41 without changes or debug flags. With the traffic fixes, they even mostly stay in sync ;-)
- Traffic fix 1- randomised who gets first chance to spawn a car each frame. Hopefully reduces car starving.
- Traffic fix 2- reduced car limit to original for single player. Also made it depend on how many players are in the game. Current limits are 16, 30, 42, 52, 60, 66 for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 players respectively. I plan to tweak this to find the optimum balance between car starving and traffic jams, so please let me know what you think.
- Fixed bug where you'd lose control of your ped if you were punched when spawning by a higher-numbered player (e.g. player 2 punches player 1 while they're spawning).
- Replay fix 1- replays will now always record, regardless of "do release replay" and "constant replay save" settings. If you don't have gta2\test directory, the files will not be written and no error given. This seems to help fix desync problems.
- Replay fix 2- replays are now recorded to both test\replay.rep and test\replayX.rep, where X is the "next replay" shown in the debug tab of the manager. X will rotate through 0-9 and back again, and replay.rep will always be the most recent replay.
- Replay fix 3- you may now specify the replay to play back on the command line. Names are limited to 106 characters:
gta2 -r vike.rep will playback vike.rep in single player
gta2 -r 'vike smells.rep' -n will playback vike smells.rep in multiplayer
gta2 -r "vike roooocks.rep" will playback vike roooocks.rep in single player
gta2 -r -n will playback replay.rep in multiplayer.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Nice stuff those replay files. Would it be possible in the future to edit the timeline or go to a specific moment? Or even better, make "highlights" with a key during gameplay so afterwards you can go to that moment. For example, in multiplayer something funny happened and you press F4 or sumthing and afterwards you can jump to that moment (or some minutes before it) and you can re-watch it or share it with others or record it with fraps. :)

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but when I emptied the test folder (no more .rep files), it still keeps going on with counting where it left with new .rep files.
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I added the gta2\test folder to the update since GTA2 crashes if the folder doesn't exist. GH tries to create that folder but some people use the update without using GH.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

Yeah some fool must have put a bug in the code :P
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

- Make KillFrenzy doable for all players. Now commands works forsfirst player only :<
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

-increase time it takes to kill someone with electrogun for better balancing
-make electrofingers kill invulnerable players
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Keep weapons as they are. This is to fix cut-and-dried bugs, not to make personal wishlist adjustments to gameplay.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

It might be a personal choice not wanting to run away from electroguns half of the game time. It isn't like the other suggestions because some people might be against it. But neither does that have to meant that there IS actually a not negligible minority nor wouldn't there be no solution to such a problem.

But in general, why are you always against changes in principal. If you like electrogun the way it is then tell why and not say things like that something is meant to be, designed to be or ought to be. That looks like, but neither is an argument nor anything constructive.
yur sa'nok ngeyä