disable jump

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: Dont_have_yet

disable jump

Post by Shazdeh »

I'm trying to create a map where player has to walk the street. Player can jump over the cars, and it makes the map very easy. Can I disable the jump completely?
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Re: disable jump

Post by Razor »

it is impossible but you can force to kill player when he is in air :)
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

:lol: :lol:
Nice idea! How can I do that? is "IS CHAR FALLING" the command I should use?
Kinda sad that we can't script these type of stuff...
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

You might be able to edit the handling file to make all cars too tall to jump but that's a bit messy since if you modify that file, it changes every level.

edit: You can't do that in GTA2, only in GTA1
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Im quite shure you cant disable the jump, even killing the char when hes jumping (you can kill him if he's at Z 2.1 for example, but not jumping), because theres not a command like "IS_CHARACTER_JUMPING_ONSCREEN", and if you use debug and press C (it shows coordinates in debug mode), when you jump you see that you still stay at same level (Z 2.0, depending on the map normal floor level). Although you can still kill the player if he is on air/falling.
You just lost the game.
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

@Sektor: This is a better idea. but, I can jump over buses. And which line in nyc defines cars height?

To kill the character, the document says that "you should not use this command [KILL CHAR] on a player controlled character." but apparently I can. It just kill the player. The problem is that this code:

Code: Select all

LEVELSTART 

WHILE (NOT(IS_CHAR_FALLING(player)))
DO_NOWT
ENDWHILE

KILL_CHAR(player)

LEVELEND

only runs when you fall of a building and does not work when you jump. :(
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

It seems only GTA1 has that can't jump over car option but even on that, it still lets you go under cars.
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

I see. Seems to me like a negative enhancement!

Two thing: third parameter of GIVE_WEAPON declares amount of ammo but it seems it doesn't work for AI chars.
and, have you ever run along the shots of the AI (MACHINE GUN) in a circle and you shot too? Your shots get curved! ;) never seen that before!
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Shazdeh wrote: Two thing: third parameter of GIVE_WEAPON declares amount of ammo but it seems it doesn't work for AI chars.
and, have you ever run along the shots of the AI (MACHINE GUN) in a circle and you shot too? Your shots get curved! ;) never seen that before!
The AI Characters have automatic defined infinite ammo, and theres not how to define the ammo for them

about the curving shot, it works also for Silenced Machine Guns, and is a very cool trick to use in multiplayer (if opponent sees you have a machine gun, he'll try to avoid it walking around you, and the shot will follow him, even if he is behind you :) , and you dont even need to turn the player) and with AI against player
You just lost the game.