Trains and gang problems

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Trains and gang problems

Post by Gustavob »

Can I make a train track completely under the map level? For example, the floor (roads, etc) of my map is at Z level 1.0 and I want a complete track at Z level 0.0. Is it possible? its because I tried it and the game crashed after I started it. I checked the zones, and theres nothing wrong with them. The problem is not the amount of trains or stations, since I have just one train/track and two stations.

I'm also having a problem with gangs. If you download Tiny Zaibatsu Town and kill the gang members, you will see that the respect doesnt decrease. The only way of decreasing the respect is stealing or exploding the gang cars.

Could someone help me with these two problems?
You just lost the game.
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: Dont_have_yet

Re: Trains and gang problems

Post by Shazdeh »

Maybe it's because you are trying to put the train on level (depth) 0, but I think in editor, it starts at 1... Try to make all your terrains start on a higher level.
BTW, could you explain how to create a train system? I haven't created yet...
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Actually, i think i figured out whats the problem. Maybe I can make the track itself under the floor, but the stations need to be on or over the map level (usually 1.0 in map editor), because the game wont know if the peds must wait on the level 0.0 or 1.0.

To know how to make train systems read this, with this link you can also understand exactly what I meant above :P

but I still want to know how to fix the gang problem, I tried to map/script another gang and use:

Code: Select all

SET_GANG_KILL_REACTION (ungangarea , zaibgang , 1)
SET_GANG_KILL_REACTION (zaibgang , ungangarea , 1)
and

Code: Select all

SET_GANG_KILL_REACTION (zaibgang , zaibgang , -1)
but any of the two work. D:
You just lost the game.
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

wow. It seems it needs alot of work to make the trains work. I gave up on it! :)

This forum is too... I dont have the right words... too empty? There's no discussion and things... Come on users! Come to talk!
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

Shazdeh wrote:This forum is too... I dont have the right words... too empty? There's no discussion and things... Come on users! Come to talk!
invite some :)
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

try with -
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

Razor wrote:
invite some :)
Ok! I invite Razor, Sektor, Gustavob, and Shazdeh to come and discuss!
you know, before finding here I was thinking that I'm the only person in the world who still love GTA2..!
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

there is more guys like you :) i mean dk about MP gta2 etc. I was that guy too 1,5 years ago.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

I created a fully working and frequent subway in MultiSlayer City, Cage Arena and Football Arena. It's exactly the same as an overground railway system, just a bit harder to work on.

You have to be very clean with your map. Often, people leave invisible walls beneath their floor. These will block trains.
  • You need at least 1 block of clear space around the outside of corners.
  • It's probably worth having 1 block clear on the inside, too.
  • If you move buildings and roads above ground, you will often screw up the subway route underneath.
Takes a lot of care to keep it intact. Use the advanced map viewing features of the GTA2 level editor:
  • Press Q and A to hide upper levels of the map.
  • Press 2 so you can see invisible walls and remove them.
  • Move the camera down near ground level and "drive" along the whole route using the arrow keys.
  • Inspect the entire route uses Player Only surfaces and all the traffic arrows are perfectly set up.
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

@Cerbera/BenMillard: I have MultiSlayer, and the train, as you said, is frequent subway, the stations arent. I tried to make the track and the stations as subway, but it causes the game to crash because game doesnt know where to put the peds who are waiting for the train: in the upper part or lower part. I even tried to make upper part field, but doesnt work. Then i gave up (and if you was just trying to help Shazdeh with trains, then just ignore it xD)

@Shazdeh: Download GTA2 Game Hunter, there people you invited to discuss can discuss in a fast-reply (almost real-time) way and you can ask another people if people who you asked questions before doesnt know how to resolve the problem :) (of course, if no1 online there can answer it, then you can ask it here again xD). Or use EtherPad to post script in the left part, then people help you better and point whats wrong with script ;)
You just lost the game.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

Gustav send me your crashing .gmp and .scr :)