Gta2maps Site

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: Dont_have_yet

Re: Gta2maps Site

Post by Shazdeh »

Here's the design.
There's a weird problem in the header: There's some extra space, and I just don't know where does it come from.
I just remembered, this hasn't been tested in IE.
Is there something I missed?
Attachments
gtamp.zip
(104.6 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
satinesmith
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: ClaudeSpeed

Post by satinesmith »

Shazdeh wrote:Here's the design.
There's a weird problem in the header: There's some extra space, and I just don't know where does it come from.
I just remembered, this hasn't been tested in IE.
Is there something I missed?
Thank you very much for the design. Tomorrow I have a lot of time, then ill look into it. I will let you know.

edit// For wich browser did you build the template, Safari?

Tanx again,

Regards
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

I have tested it in Chrome and Firefox. In IE, There's a little problem with menu, but I'll fix all of these and reupload it.
satinesmith
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by satinesmith »

Shazdeh wrote:I have tested it in Chrome and Firefox. In IE, There's a little problem with menu, but I'll fix all of these and reupload it.
Despite my last post I did not take a look at the css code. I looked at it in my Firefox browser though and noticed that my window width was very high. The horizontal width was about a 1000 px wide. I'm not at home now but I was thinking that this could be because of my Java-script blocker. But ill let you know.

Tanx for your effort though!

Regards,

CS
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

It's 920 pixel, so it should display fine in 1024*768 resolutions without scrollbars. But if it's too much we can decrease it.
Tanx for your effort though!
You are totally welcome!
satinesmith
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by satinesmith »

Shazdeh wrote:It's 920 pixel, so it should display fine in 1024*768 resolutions without scrollbars.
no thats perfect!
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

Here, I have fixed that bottom and top space problem. Is there something I have missed?

When the project will launch? :?:
Attachments
gtamp.zip
(104.61 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
satinesmith
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by satinesmith »

I had a couple of very busy days lately. Ill continue working on the site over the future weeks and hope to release a beta version before the end of June. Ill post further progress in this topic. Tanx again for the XHTML/CSS files.

Regards,
ClaudeSpeed
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

I have experience with PHP/MySQL and Flash platform. Anything I can help you with?
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

satinesmith is busy i guess or just dumped that project.
satinesmith
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by satinesmith »

I am very busy indeed. Unfortunately I wasn't able to spend any time on this project lately. School claims almost all my time that I spend behind my laptop. Building applications requires a lot of time and unfortunately I have to build and yield two systems this 4th quarter of this school year. This will be over by end of this month as the school year is over and the holidays begin.

@Shazdeh
I worked on this project for a couple of hours and created some very easy straight forward scripts. Nowhere near the desired object-oriented programming structure. Now I have all the PHP and XHTML code together in the same files.

I already created some modules;
- User management where users can register, edit and update there profile. Administrators can do this for all users.
- Map module where users can upload a map. They are able to edit and delete there own maps of course. Administrators can do this for all users. This module needs some more, vital features like the upload of the actual .rar file and the ability to upload additional images/screen-caps of the map. This module already contains;
Name, Version, Category, Map size, Amount of players, Description and Map image.
I also made a rating system where every user can rate every map once. A list of the top 5 will be printed on the front page. Additional ranking pages was one of the numerous ideas we had.

- I also have some modules built in like a news module to post/edit news on the front page.
- A newsletter module where you can essay a newsletter and send it to all registered users that have accepted to receive mail.
- A contact module where (none registered)users can contact any administrator.
These last 3 modules are almost done, only the database tables and connections from and to the form have to be implemented to let it all work correctly.

After all we had some ideas;
- The ability to add a map to you favorites.
- A registered user can upload a .mis file while adding a map to the system. Then extract the weapon codes with php. If for example the rocket launcher code has been found a image of that gun will be displayed on the map survey page.

But after all I'm always open for some help. You are free to help me with anything you are able to and willing to build. I can imagine you also have a lot of work to do beside your hobby's.

You can contact me if you want so we can discuss the further work that has to be done on the project. There is always something to do and after all it never can be bad to modulate the system or rebuild the application in OOP.

Regards,
Satine
Shazdeh
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Shazdeh »

That sounds a lot of work to me! For a project like this, I always use a framework. I prefer Wordpress (yeah, a blogging platform, but powerful enough to customize and meet any need) or CodeIgniter. Writing modules on my own is beyond my skills.
Right now, I'm in the middle of college exams, after that I'll try to build something similar using WP. How's that?
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

BenMillard on 25th April 2010 wrote:Sounds like GTA Garage but smaller, focused, detailed and automated. Huge amount of work. Maybe something useful by this time next year?
satinesmith on 25th April 2010 wrote:It will be a lot of work but I hope to release a beta within 4 to 6 weeks.
satinesmith on 12th June 2010 wrote:Unfortunately I wasn't able to spend any time on this project lately.
My prediction of April 2011 for a finished system seems about right?

Do not include any files from any of my levels in this system. Indeed, it should only be possible to add files after the original author allows them to be added.
satinesmith
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by satinesmith »

It will only be possible to add a map IF you are the scripter of the map. don't worry Mr. Copyright we wont add your maps without your permission.
satinesmith
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by satinesmith »

Shazdeh wrote:Right now, I'm in the middle of college exams, after that I'll try to build something similar using WP. How's that?
That sounds very interesting. A framework like WP is indeed capable of nearly anything. You are open to build the application in WP. May be even better then my custom cms.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Auto map image possible?

http://gtamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1774#p1774
TradeMark wrote:Oh, i forgot to tell ya i made the commandline version now, lite version with only commandline can be downloaded here:
http://gtamp.com/forum/download/file.php?id=331
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."