GTA2 Game Hunter

Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: GTA2 Game Hunter

Post by Logofero »

Sektor wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 13:28 Most are listed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2

12 years later and most of those ideas never happened but I’m still alive and healthy, so however unlikely, there’s some hope.

Priority should be making it easier to play, so no manual port forwarding required. After that should be finding a way to hide lag.
:)

Yes, the list is impressive. The expansion of slot games is especially useful. I suggested this too in 2018, but you already planned it in 2008.

And what about the GTA2 clone, was there an idea to switch to an advanced version of the game and develop it, without the 6 slots and other restrictions? Was there a client (favorite game) for this?
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I captured a lot of GTA2 network data and experimented with sending the data myself but I never got close to a working server, it was just too complicated. Faking obsolete directplay networking seems like more work than it’s worth. It would be better to bypass all that code and write my own.

A full GTA2 clone would be great but I’m just leaving that to others.
Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Post by Logofero »

Sektor wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 13:57 I captured a lot of GTA2 network data and experimented with send the data myself but I never got close to a working server, it was just too complicated. Faking obsolete directplay networking seems like more work than it’s worth. It would be better to bypass all that code and write my own.

A full GTA2 clone would be great but I’m just leaving that to others.
Yes, I agree. In this case, it is better to use the client on a more stable network connection.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

2023-03-22 v1.599
- Added an option for hiding IP address from chat history (probably leaks somewhere, I didn't finish this feature)
- Hosted game info is now sent to the whole channel everytime someone joins because sending it in a private message didn't work when they rapidly changed names
- Updated about screen and credits
- VPN setting, when enabled, it forces a blank IP address when joining games. You'll still need to use an external VPN program like Radmin VPN or ZeroTier
- Added /vpnon and /vpnoff to change the VPN setting. You can also change it with the VPN checkbox in options.
- Better support for https links
- Changed country detection site from http://geoloc.daiguo.com/?self to https://ip2c.org/s (same site, different URL)
DodoPlane601
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: GTAExpert69

Post by DodoPlane601 »

Thanks for releasing v1.599. Where can I download this? :)
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

DodoPlane601
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: GTAExpert69

Post by DodoPlane601 »