GTA2 Definitive Edition mod progress

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: Pizzadox

GTA2 Definitive Edition mod progress

Post by Pizzadox »

Hello, Im slowly making my way to create a GTA2 "Definitive edition" version on Fivem-aka GTAV multiplayer
The progress so far is about on 60%, Biggest things left to do is to make Navmashes for bots and cars and finish the lighting thats left to do(Lighting is about 70% done)

The final goal is to open a clone GTA2 game but online, Built in Fivem for GTAV. And make the server in some kinda unique way to be fun to play. Like the adding default missions set to earn money, with an option to do it with your friends. Making somekind of minigame of gangwars based on the default gang territory places just like in GTA2. Something about gang respect bar with original GTA2's HUD. Adding races and few more generic fivem plugins. Its going to be a freeroam type server. I was thinking about creating an RP server but i dont feel like it.. RP seems to be boring..

[Images can be found in the next page]

Heres some early stage dev videos
DAY

NIGHT

It would help me to see some support for you guys
Last edited by Pizzadox on 04 Dec 2022, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
i bang hoes
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: GTA2 Definitive Edition mod progress

Post by Sektor »

Great work, I love seeing the GTAV lighting on the GTA2 city.
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

Sektor wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 07:57 Great work, I love seeing the GTAV lighting on the GTA2 city.
Thanks, I hope all the work will turn out to be something in the end of the day
i bang hoes
luis0henrique
Ped
Ped

Post by luis0henrique »

Holly cheese, this is looking very nice! This is how I imagined a remaster would look like.

Since this is on Fivem, it means no plans for missions?
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

Nice stuff.
So this is based on GTA5 engine completely?
This is closed source project or you make it completely public free?
So we can look inside?
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

first i dont plan on making missions, the whole point of this mod is to play gta2 online with 1000 players max without any bugs or problems as fivem supports it. when ill finish making the gameplay(controls, handling and such) it will be necessary to add some "missions" or stuff like that to keep players busy on the server. i mean gta2 missions are very very simple, when i think about it now, its just go there, steal a car and bring it to somewhere, kill someone.. it wouldnt be so hard to replicate it in fivem, not at all. but im kinda far away from that point as of now because sometimes i just dont have motivation to keep working on it and especially when i work on other stuff too.
about the sourcecode, i dont think so, just because its a server with mixed together addons and maps theres no point of releasing the code. i sure release it only if nobody will play the server or only after long time, just because i dont want for people to dupe my own server while its still running
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

and thanks for asking and supporting guys
i bang hoes
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

hello if this project is alive I will gladly test it :)
JernejL
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: RedShirt

Post by JernejL »

Looks really good, another proof that a top down game can look really good and be very detailed.

Lightning looks similar to top down city, as gta5 uses same approach but projected headlights look way better and more proper in gta5.
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

JernejL wrote: 03 Dec 2021, 12:23 Looks really good, another proof that a top down game can look really good and be very detailed.

Lightning looks similar to top down city, as gta5 uses same approach but projected headlights look way better and more proper in gta5.
thanks, speaking of headlights i most likely remove them completely because in gta2 you dont see them anyways except for the light bulb
i bang hoes
B-$hep
Immortal

Post by B-$hep »

Why remove good stuff?

Just put it in Options menu, so user can choose, headlights on/off.
Danineitor
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: DanThe12

Post by Danineitor »

This is Epic, I think Rockstar should have done this remake.
You don´t see me [invis]
B-$hep
Immortal

Post by B-$hep »

Rockstar should release GTA1-GTA2 sources finally.
But I doubt this will ever happen.
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

I want to update that I completely finished the map with no bugs whatsoever, No collision glitches at all, I fixed some nasty bugged textures from original game with all alpha channel support (transparency)
Anytime soon ill start porting all radio stations

Theres some gameplay mechanics related stuff that Im not sure on how to port/implement them correctly like ragdoll physics but no big deal ill handle it, Only some major problem is the gun aim, since GTA V isnt GTA2 and the hitboxes are wayy too accurate in GTAV which is something I dont want, I tried to make semi automatic aimbot before but it was kinda horrible because you dont even need to aim inorder to hit someone or something so I changed it again to a better version of what you see in the videos i posted (It might be silly but I added a red laser to actually see where you shoot but i doubt its the final solution to aim), Anyways so far so good..
Last edited by Pizzadox on 15 Mar 2022, 05:32, edited 1 time in total.
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

B-$hep wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 20:08 Rockstar should release GTA1-GTA2 sources finally.
But I doubt this will ever happen.
I dont think GTA2or 1 sources matters just because so many stuff has changed in the past 25 years of game development that it doesnt matter anymore in 2022
even if rockstar release the source nobody will be able to do much with it due to crazy limitations of 1999, Nowadays its like tetris or mario
I mean GTA2 is great the way it is and remastering them as they did with definitive edition will ruin it completely, Old games should stay old for my opinion (Dont even mention that their definitive editions are a complete disaster and not because of their bugs but because all 3 games lost their game atmosphere)

The best thing is to make a clone game in modern game engines for the sake of only but only multiplayer
i bang hoes
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

i made some crazy progress in the last week and only now i actually understood that im sitting on a gold mine, everythings coming together so nicely that even i didnt believe it will be like that, im pretty sure ill set everything up completely until the end of the year and it includes traffic, peds, hud..
heres part of the map that used to be the messiest one after convertion to 3dsmax
heres the before image :lol:
i bang hoes
Danineitor
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Danineitor »

:o this project is being great and great as there is progress
You don´t see me [invis]
Pizzadox
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Pizzadox »

Danineitor wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 15:31 :o this project is being great and great as there is progress
thanks bro, i already completed the map with no bugs whatsoever after testing it pretty hard
but i lost motivation working on it since you get so tired when you work alone on such big projects, some parts can drive you crazy in terms amount of work you done/do (very robotic type of work)
but still i put a deadline for this until the end of the year i think
i bang hoes
B-$hep
Immortal

Post by B-$hep »

Nice stuff indeed.
A bit offtopic.

It's unlikely that R* or Take2 will release any sources.
If you search on G00gle there is a huge amount of news how pissed off Take2 was when they saw the RE3 project. They took down github of this project, then latest news was that they want to sue the RE3 team members for rev. engineering their games.
That's the way it is.
Although these are still all up on G00gle and with different name and still getting developed lol.
Danineitor
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by Danineitor »

B-$hep wrote: 15 May 2022, 09:21 Nice stuff indeed.
A bit offtopic.

It's unlikely that R* or Take2 will release any sources.
If you search on G00gle there is a huge amount of news how pissed off Take2 was when they saw the RE3 project. They took down github of this project, then latest news was that they want to sue the RE3 team members for rev. engineering their games.
That's the way it is.
Although these are still all up on G00gle and with different name and still getting developed lol.
When this happens, it is better to have a private discord server where links of these mods and progress are passed. In addition, a mod is not going to ruin the reputation of your company if it is not done with evil intentions, they are made with effort, it may have taken you months or years to achieve something great; and if they delete it, it's as if they despised you for your work
You don´t see me [invis]