TXT2FXT/FXT2TXT V1.1 by Michael Mendelsohn (Win32 version by Aeneas of Troy)

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
HcH
Ped
Ped

TXT2FXT/FXT2TXT V1.1 by Michael Mendelsohn (Win32 version by Aeneas of Troy)

Post by HcH »

Hello GTAMP forum members,

I'm new to this forum, though I've been using it as source for information on modding GTA1. I'm not sure if there are other FXT conversion tools for GTA1 besides the one that Michael Mendelsohn released, but I was used to using that tool and I couldn't find another tool easily for the job. So I decided to recompile the source using Visual Studio 2008 so it has 32bit binaries because I ran into problems running the original tool on modern x64 Win7 while making mods for GTA1. I've changed a few lines in the source so it would compile.

Compiler used: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.

Source: https://github.com/aeneasoftroy/cpp-gta ... 2fxt-win32 (binaries are for download as well)

Enjoy
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Re: TXT2FXT/FXT2TXT V1.1 by Michael Mendelsohn (Win32 version by Aeneas of Troy)

Post by B-$hep »

You have any other sources?
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
JernejL
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: RedShirt

Re: TXT2FXT/FXT2TXT V1.1 by Michael Mendelsohn (Win32 version by Aeneas of Troy)

Post by JernejL »

Welcome to the forum!

Good to see someone still working on gta1, i actually found your fxt tool and your docks & boats mod release on github a while ago when i was looking if anyone was still making mods for gta1 and gta2 - i was surprised, so good work there!

If you prefer a converter tool that's good that you made a more up to date version, but perhaps you might also find this of some use a long time ago i build a GUI 32 bit FXT text editor for gta1: https://www.gtatools.com/filedb/action. ... =file&id=5 and i think i've released source for this one, too in my source code pack.
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

Im also interested in all this stuff again and coding but im just so busy with my life atm that i just dont have time to even launch GTA2.
Last time i played GTA2 was like in September of 2019 if not earlier
Lot's of GTA1/GTA2 stuff sitting on my desktop but no time to even look at the files/folders where i stopped last time.
I just have very important things to "fixup" in my life, my future depends on this basically.
Always wear safety glasses while programming.