Nidhogg

Talk about anything here that isn't related to the other topics.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Nidhogg

Post by Sektor »

Best game:
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Re: Nidhogg

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Looks interesting, only a bit expensive...
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

If you like this game I highly recommend you play Samurai Gunn & TowerFall
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I haven't tried either of those games. I loved playing Nidhogg on an arcade machine with locals in Manabar. That was long before it was released to the public. I didn't play it much at all after it was released on steam and Manabar closed. I heard the online support wasn't good and it's much more fun to play with people in the room. I still haven't played Nidhogg 2.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

A few years ago I was inviting a lot friends over to play Nidhogg, Samurai Gunn, Towerfall & the oldschool worm game Liero. A lot of fun, I love Local Multiplayer games. If you were playing Nidhogg with locals off of your own laptop or something I'd definitely recommend Samurai Gunn, it's far more basic in terms of mechanics & a lot more straightforward, Towerfall has its own science with all the different weapon types, level layouts & modifiers, but Samurai Gunn is pure arcade action- Slash, Shoot, deflect bullets, perry enemy sword slashes, Jump, super jump, etc. They're both great, but SG requires less advanced knowledge to master.

I never played Nidhogg online, I don't think I'd necessarily want to either, partly because my laptop probably couldn't handle it & secondly because I think the greatest aspect of these games is the shared atmosphere in playing with other people right beside you. Total riot.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Nidhogg was on the Winnitron arcade machines long before it was released to the public, that's how I first played it. Liero was a lot of fun playing with friends, I loved turning off the reload delay and remote controlling dozens of missiles.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Hahahahaaha I would do that too, it was ridiculously absurd fun. I enjoy that game's physics engine & mechanics.
JernejL
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: RedShirt

Post by JernejL »

Based off a video it's a mix between prince of persia and xiao xiao, i could not have imagined these things went together so well