vike's GTA2 update patch enhancement upgrade fix v11.44

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: vike's GTA2 update patch enhancement upgrade fix v11.44

Post by Sektor »

The wall glitch is known and even used as a feature in water slow race. The other ones I didn't know about but wouldnt happen without teleport.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

So my last version of vike's enhanced GTA2 may have been from 2013. Whenever it was, it wasn't the latest. I'm installing it now so that I can try to use some of your peek & poke memory adresses. It seems like the installer creates an entirely new GTA2 folder however. What all files do I need specifically out of there? Just the .exe? I don't want to accidently overwrite any of my .mis, .gmp or .sty files by doing a mass copy/ paste.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Just gta2.exe and gta2manager.exe

Some others files have been updated but they aren't required for peek and poke.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Could you make it so that items can be picked up middair? I created a sadistic jump with a high death risk but it seems like the token doesn't work. Do I need to use MOVING_COLLECT?

EDIT: Nevermind, MOVING_COLLECT works for this.
EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, it falls to the ground.
Attachments
invulndeath.png
invulndeath.png (600.49 KiB) Viewed 49786 times
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

i thought vehiicle macine gun in residential is mid air? technically it should work but maybe the height range is very narrow. add a few floating on top of each other or try falling through one
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

I tried falling through one directly & it didn't work. Maybe they work for guns? I know there's that GTA2 token on a telephone wire you get midair. But it doesn't seem like invulnerability works midair. It may be the same for other power ups too.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

I remember asking somewhere if the electro baton could get both it's own damage type for both it's Taser Bullet & electrical arc(distinct from the electrogun for scripting purposes).

Well I just tested it out & it seems the BY_ELECTRO_WEAPON damage type doesn't work. Using damage types I was able to make it so you could cripple an enemy (changing their max runspeed) by shooting them with a damage type check for BY_GUN, but the same thing doesn't work with BY_ELECTRO_WEAPON, unfortunately. Maybe that could be fixed?

EDIT: It seems to work on the player, but only for the duration of the attack. Which is what I wanted anyway.

However, it'd be useful if the check wasn't only the duration. I can get it to work on scripted characters but I wanted to make it so that if you shoot another player with say the shotgun for example, you cripple them (decreasing their run speed from the standard 5 to say 3) until they die completely(resetting on respawn).
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Devastator wrote:I experienced an extreme bug that totally corrupted my GTA2.exe file, luckily I have 20. But I accidentally hit a few debug buttons on the numbad which caused me(the camera) to shoot extremely high in the air, creating a hall of mirrors/recursion effect, before everything went all black except text. I could still teleport around the map but I couldn't see anything other than my money count & weapons. When I moved the arrow keys a very tiny red blip could be seen in the center of the screen, which would disappear when I let off the directional keys. Upon force quitting GTA2 (that or it may have crashed as I exited) when I went back to play the game again, I could only open up the initial load screen, pushing enter to open the player profile selection freezes the game. I don't know what caused this but I figured I should report the bug.
This same exact thing happened again under the same exact circumstances. That respawn zoom crash must corrupt the exe or something.

EDIT: Replacing the .exe isn't enough. There must be other files involved.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Not sure if this is the reason for your problem but just in case, don't delete the test folder and make sure GTA2 has write access to the test folder.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

I just looked & I definitely have the test folder.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

Make a copy of your whole directory now, and do a diff between them next time it happens. That will show us for sure which files are being corrupted.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

I'll have to look up how to do that exactly. I tried replacing the .exe but it was still having issues so I couldn't use that folder anymore, so I duplicated a working GTA2 folder to continue work on my map. If you want I could compress eve & upload everything I'm legally allowed to in the folder, excluding the files I'm working on.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

That would be great, then I can diff it. I wouldn't be overly concerned about "legally allowed"... anything publicly available you should be fine to leave in there. Don't leave your passwords_top_secret.txt tho ;)
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

I sent it in PM.

EDIT (Well once the file finally uploads)
Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Post by Logofero »

Hi guys.

Are the updates planned?
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

One day ;)
Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Post by Logofero »

Vike the Hube wrote:One day ;)
It's cool if it's true.

Dude. I can only use it this time, only Russian localization works in it http://gtamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... t=20#p9590
On other versions, the language does not start, crashes with an error. Can something be done with this?
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

Hmm. Good time to mention it actually. At some point I plan to port my fixes to the framework they use for the C&C games. That will make further work easier. But I need to settle on a version to base the work on...
Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Post by Logofero »

Vike the Hube wrote:Hmm. Good time to mention it actually. At some point I plan to port my fixes to the framework they use for the C&C games. That will make further work easier. But I need to settle on a version to base the work on...
If you need a working version i attached it earlier http://gtamp.com/forum/download/file.ph ... ew&id=1602 this is the latest version 10.3 that came out for GTA 2. There are still features of what the text file loads from another language (this is because R* did not release russian language russian localization on it craftsmen replaced localization from other language) it can too it is necessary to consider and add completely Russian translation. It would be great.
justcallmepaul
Ped
Ped
GH nick: ValentJP

Post by justcallmepaul »

Here's an idea for an update:
>Change one of the cars on the Residential and Industrial district to spawn the [respect] Symbol, since only the residential dsitrict has one.
>The car crusher on the Rednecks zone isn't working. It isn't spawning items. Nay chances of fixing that glitch?