BACK-TO-FRONT BONUS!

Post by Sektor »

Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: BACK-TO-FRONT BONUS!

Post by Sektor »

Get a wanted level of 4 or more and then drive in reverse non stop for a few minutes. It would be very difficult to do on the road with the cops blocking your way but fortunately it also works when reversing in circles. I doubt anyone would figure this out just from playing the game, so it must have been an easter egg by DMA Design. Vike worked out how to get this bonus. Sektor recorded and edited the video.

Used Fraps registered to record video
VirtualDub-1.8.8 to edit video
TXT2GTA2 to generate 3 days later message
Logo Filter for VirtualDub to insert 3 days later message
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Haha, you seriously let it drive around for 3 days? :lol:

edit: And as bonus you got what? 1000 dollar?
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

It doesn't take 3 days, that was a joke but it took about a minute at faster than normal game speed and a minute of watching that would get boring, so I cut it. It's about 600 GTA2 blocks in reverse with 4 cops. Yeah it only gives $1000, very strange bonus.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Since they got the game announcer to record a voice-over for it, I reckon it's one of the many "Easter egg" bonuses.

Sadly the thresholds for most of these are almost impossible to reach, certainly during normal rampages. Maybe the testers never knew about them so the developers never got feedback on how hard they are to get? Or they might have just gotten missed, run out of time, like the nearly-impossible kill frenzies, car-trailer bugs, dysfunctional car crusher, missing tiles, unmatched texturing for lid edges, disjointed overhead cables and other minor gremlins.

Another possibility is they were made deliberately neigh-impossible so only modders like us would find them. Think I prefer that interpretation!
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Theres also another bonus called Wipeout (data\Audio\Vocals\Wipeout.wav) wich is kinda difficult too, you need to blow really too many cars in a short time
You just lost the game.
Lantyz
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: Lantyz

Post by Lantyz »

It may be interesting to figure out what the actual conditions for each bonus are. Some really surprised me.
  • "Elvis has left the building" ($32,000): Kill a complete chain of six Elvis look-a-likes in a short time
  • "Back to front bonus" ($1,000): Drive backwards for one minute with wanted level 4.
  • "Insane stunt bonus" ($1,000): Make a jump with a vehicle. Any ideas on how fast or high you have to jump?
  • "Cop killa" ($5,000): Destroy 20 Cop Cars.
  • "Medical emergency" ($10,000): Destroy a Cop Car, Medicar and Firetruck in a short time.
  • "Expeditious execution" ($100,000): Kill 20 pedestrians in a short time.
  • "Genocide" ($?): Kill 1,000 pedestrians.
  • "Wipe out" ($50,000): Destroy one of every vehicle model listed in the style file as traffic
  • "Car jacka" ($?): ?
  • "Grand Theft Auto" ($50,000): steal one of every vehicle model listed in the style file as traffic
  • "Accuracy bonus" ($5,000): hit pedestrians with a bullet or rocket 25 times in a row. If you hit a wall or nothing the counter resets. The counter does not reset if you hit a car, a wreck or get busted/wasted.
Last edited by Lantyz on 30 Mar 2010, 10:19, edited 5 times in total.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal

Post by Cuban-Pete »

I also once got something by killing a lot of pedestrians at once. I did it by taking a bus, get lot's of people in it, buy a carbomb, park the bus in a busy street and explode it. Not sure if the bus with people was needed...

I can't recall what the bonus exactly was.
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Lantyz wrote: "Elvis has left the building" ($?): kill a complete chain of six Elvis look-a-likes. Don't know how fast you have to be.
You need to kill all the Elvis and they all must die in till ~10 seconds (when the first one dies, the counter starts)
Lantyz wrote: "Insane stunt bonus" ($5,000): make a jump with a vehicle. Any ideas on how fast or high you have to jump?
As I could see with my test, if you fly 10-12 blocks with the ramp or by jumping from a building you get the bonus, and it rewards $1000, same as the BTF bonus
Lantyz wrote: "Medical emergency" ($5,000?): Not sure yet, but I think you have to blow up 50 Fire Trucks and/or Medicars.
you get that one by blowing up one cop car, one medicar and one fire truck.

Cuban-Pete: thats the Expeditious Execution! one
You just lost the game.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Lantyz wrote: "Back to front bonus" ($5,000): drive backwards for one minute with wanted level 4.
It's only $1,000, see Sektor's movie. :)
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

"Wipe Out" $50k - Destroy one of every vehicle model (only vehicles listed in sty file as traffic)
"Grand Theft Auto" $50k - Steal one of every vehicle model (only vehicles listed in sty file as traffic)

Extremely easy to do on this map since it only has 2 types of cars appearing as traffic: http://gtamp.com/GTA2/maps/bff-wipeout.7z

Vike says he did it on a normal map in about 10 minutes. I thought it would have taken longer than that for 20 different vehicle models to appear.

I don't think there is a time limit, it just has to be done all in one session without loading your game. Mission and parked cars don't count.
Black Phoenix
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: BlackPhoenix

Post by Black Phoenix »

I've been shooting prisoners in Alma Mater in STE for about 5-10 minutes, constantly getting several kills per second, before I got "GENOCIDE" bonus. It seems you just have to kill really high amount of people (probably 1000)
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Expeditious Execution!
Seems to be when you kill ~25 people within ~10 seconds. Very difficult but possible with Machine Gun.

Electro Gun makes it a bit more possible. You can "spark" people without killing them and they run away from you. Do this and chase them down an alleyway to a dead end, like South-East of Tiny Town. Then electrocute them as one big group!

If you struggle to get this bonus, you are probably not chasing enough peds. 25 peds is more than you might think.

Genocide!
Pretty sure this is simply killing 100 peds but each kill must be with ~1 second of the previous one? Or maybe you get ~10 seconds and it's just hard to keep getting fresh peds.

I got it using Machine Gun. Haven't gotten it using any other weapon but their range is either shorter or the time between kills is longer.

Accuracy bonus
I love this bonus, often get it for fun during multiplayer games. Useful for car shopping, too.

Punch a ped then quickly switch to Machine Gun or, ideally, Silenced Machine Gun. You'll now be spraying their stunned body with bullets. Stop shooting just before they die, so all your bullets hit them. Then punch another ped and do the same.

This technique gives you the bonus every 1 or 2 peds. If you have Fast Reload then you can easily get a bonus per ped.

It seems the bonus only starts when your bullets hit 2 different peds. So if you punch a person and spray using Fast Reload, you won't get the bonus until you kill another ped.

Also, it seems only the shots which hit peds who died are counted? So if you run around doing a single Machine Gun bullet shot on lots of peds, you never get the bonus.
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

BenMillard wrote: Also, it seems only the shots which hit peds who died are counted? So if you run around doing a single Machine Gun bullet shot on lots of peds, you never get the bonus.
Actually, the ped doesnt need to die. Just get SWAT after you (wanted level of 4), get a (silenced) machine gun and start shooting the cops and swat members wich are behind you and you'll surely get the bonus quickly, even if they dont die.
You just lost the game.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Gustavob wrote:
BenMillard wrote: Also, it seems only the shots which hit peds who died are counted? So if you run around doing a single Machine Gun bullet shot on lots of peds, you never get the bonus.
Actually, the ped doesnt need to die. Just get SWAT after you (wanted level of 4), get a (silenced) machine gun and start shooting the cops and swat members wich are behind you and you'll surely get the bonus quickly, even if they dont die.
Yeah that's also how I often get that bonus.

For Expeditious Execution! you can just get a bus with car bomb, get some people, park in busy place and let it explode. :lol: Moehahahaha!
Lantyz
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: Lantyz

Post by Lantyz »

I made a set up with a respawning STAND_STILL_BLOKE I could kill continuously and an ONSCREEN_COUNTER to keep track of the kills to accurately test some bonuses.
BenMillard wrote:Expeditious Execution!
Seems to be when you kill ~25 people within ~10 seconds. Very difficult but possible with Machine Gun.
It's actually 20 pedestrians.
Genocide!
Pretty sure this is simply killing 100 peds but each kill must be with ~1 second of the previous one? Or maybe you get ~10 seconds and it's just hard to keep getting fresh peds.
You'll have to kill no less then 1,000 peds. I don't think there's a time limit, but I haven't tested this yet. Don't know the reward yet, either.
Accuracy bonus

Punch a ped then quickly switch to Machine Gun or, ideally, Silenced Machine Gun. You'll now be spraying their stunned body with bullets. Stop shooting just before they die, so all your bullets hit them. Then punch another ped and do the same.
Another fast way to get this bonus is to use the shotgun. If you hit a ped point-blank, it counts for five hits, which means you only have to do this five times. Just make sure all pellets hit something, or else the counter resets
It seems the bonus only starts when your bullets hit 2 different peds. So if you punch a person and spray using Fast Reload, you won't get the bonus until you kill another ped.

Also, it seems only the shots which hit peds who died are counted? So if you run around doing a single Machine Gun bullet shot on lots of peds, you never get the bonus.
Peds don't need to die to get the bonus, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't matter how much peds you hit. Try switching on "show counters" with the Power Manager: "accuracy count" will show you which bullets count and which do not (the "reverse count" shows your "back to front bonus"-progress; you'll get the bonus when it reaches 60,000).