Tiny Tiny Town and Tiny Tiny Town Army

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Tiny Tiny Town

Post by Sektor »

I removed old attachments, deleted some obsolete posts and split Tiny Tiny Town Arena into it's own topic.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

It seems you removed a some important history. Such as where Elypter gave me permission to branch his project. Hopefully that information isn't gone forever...

Don't rewrite history! I could have created a separate topic and cut down leftover entries myself, if this was necessary. Indeed, I'd already started doing so.

Also, my modifications to the GMP might be accepted by Elypter and become part of his original version. So separating the topics may even be premature, albeit well-intentioned.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

i added an national guard wanted level script.
so you can play against the army with the newest gta2 11.40 by vike

the map is now hosted on my site http://gta2dare.tk/
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

I'll leave Tiny Tiny Town Arena as-is.

Maximum wanted level will probably be a total game-changer. Cops setting goes from being an added novelty to being the central aspect of that game in such levels? I may not get to try it out until next month.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Haha, first time I played this mod map, it's really cool. :) It's all very recognisable, but yet a different map - you could say.

Some corners and stuff are better made in the arena map from Ben, but he also added strange Zaibatsu stuff at the end, which I think, does not fit the tiny town name/map. :)
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

I fixed some errors and tiles in the map and a also created 3 tiles to make it look better. It will be released with the next version of tiny tiny town army. the classic tiny tiny town is supposed to be as similar to the original as possible. So the classic tiny tiny town will also not have a higher wanted level. The Army map will also have many other gameplay modifications to the original. Only the map file will be the same.

Tiny Town Arena fulfills a different purpose. All in all i think it looks even better than the original one but it doens't really look similar to the original one. That is no problem as long as it is not intended.

@Ben: Anyway, if you like you can also make a version with my extended army script when it is complete. It would not be a big effort to adjust it. Only the name could become a problem ;)
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

What are the 3 tiles you created? I bet they aren't necessary, bil.sty is very complete.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

BenMillard wrote:What are the 3 tiles you created? I bet they aren't necessary, bil.sty is very complete.
Why do you think so? None of the grounds has all possible edge combinations.
Attachments
pave.jpg
pave.jpg (4.55 KiB) Viewed 24330 times
needed at the ramp
needed at the ramp
cross1.jpg (3.61 KiB) Viewed 24330 times
needed for another map
needed for another map
cross2.jpg (4.11 KiB) Viewed 24330 times
only the one without the yellow line exists (not really needed but makes it more flexible)
only the one without the yellow line exists (not really needed but makes it more flexible)
line.jpg (3.88 KiB) Viewed 24330 times
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

Hardly seems worth adding several MB of files to people's /data/ directories just for those, imho.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

I finished the first stage of my extensive scripting and car modifications for tiny tiny town army. at the moment it's only a singleplayer test version and not all planed features are implemented yet.
But A LOT works already, including many never in multiplayer seen features.
i set the player invincible for testing. And you can also play without police. That way you can check out all the non army features.

Feature list:
-player starts with wanted level 4 and gets equipped with dual pistol.
-scripted wanted levels:
-wanted levels are triggered by the time you have wanted level 6. i will maybe add a bot death trigger and individual wanted levels. (for testing the time periods are very short)
-scripted wanted level 7: you're being chased by an apc with 4 rocket launcher members, 4 flamethrower members and 4 punchers. its a bit hard to make one working gang out of them and put them into a vehicle, so please report strange behaviors.
-scripted wanted level 8: you're being chased by a driven nuclear load that will blow up when it comes close enough.
-i also have ideas for more wanted levels
-a civil tanker truck that blows up when you shoot it. (atm the trailer only gets attached when you are near it and not near enough and it can only drive in one direction)
-a modified version of sektors supertank. you activate & rearrange the turrets by pressing the horn.
-Car modifications and features:
-big bug: changed car handling so it can steer very fast and it withstands 1 rocket (f0.900)(good in combination with vmg)
-b type: modified car handling
-Schmidt: very vulnerable to any damage but bullet and flameproof
-Limo1 & 2: gives you an elvis gang: they are dressed correctly, follow you, dont die, but don't attac either to make them not too strong. (the trigger is not working (anymore) but the gang itself did.)
-Box Truck: made it stronger (antistrength: f0.510) and changed carhandling that turns it into a ped killer when pressing using hand brake.
-bankvan: your score rises when you are in it. planed: "bribevan" (you are not being chased while you're in it)
-Garbage Truck: changed door type, planed: garbage gang gang with shotguns and pistols
-Hot Dog Van
-Ice-Cream Van
-Pickup,U-Jerk, Van, TV Van: turned into trailers: peds still drive around in them but they can be hooked up and used as bom carriers.
-Tow Truck: changed carhandling and axis position to make it possible to attach trailers to it.
-BOXTRUCK, TOWTRUCK, TRUKCAB1, TRUKCAB2: vehicle mines and carbomb
-Bus: planed: hooligan that is vandalizing after being thrown out by pressing horn.
-Taxi1 & 2: planed: angry or helping passenger
-Armed Land Roamer: more thrust
-Land Roamer: more thrust, planed: turn it into a super jeep like sektors supertank
-Fire Truck: withstands 1 rocket, gives you flamethrower and vehicle flame thrower, planed: fire gang: flamethrower and molotov coctails and you will be extinguished when on fire.
-medicar: planed: medi gang: electro baton and punching, makes you invincible while the gang is alive.
-Pacifier: can drive over cars, withstands 2 rockets, bullet proof, planed: army gang: machinegun
-Special Agent Car: bullet proof
-Swat van: no collision
-Tank: gives you Rocket launcher.
-Dementia: changed car handling and door type
-Karma Bus: turned into usaf ncuclear truck
-Container: changed car handling to turn it into a ped killer when releasing it.

:D I think that was everyting. 950 lines of code. ;P

ah, and i also fixed about 10 minor bugs in the map. mainly slightly incorrect ground tiles.
And also replaced 9 messed up original tiles in bil.sty/tyty.sty with the fixed ones TM made.

Download complete map: warning: this replaces the older multiplayer compatiple tiny tiny town army map, so i suggest copying it into an own gta folder.
http://test.gta2.square7.net/tyt_sp_preview.7z
only .mis file:
http://test.gta2.square7.net/tyty_army_sp_preview.mis (you will need this to navigate through the file without loosing orientation)

Edit(01.09.10):
i temporary switched the the apc bots to only 1 flamethrower member to make it more stable.
and here: a little screenshot:
Last edited by elypter on 01 Sep 2010, 21:38, edited 3 times in total.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal

Post by Cuban-Pete »

elypter wrote: -player starts with wanted level 4 and gets equipped with dual pistol.
-scripted wanted levels:
-wanted levels are triggered by the time you have wanted level 6. i will maybe add a bot death trigger and individual wanted levels. (for testing the time periods are very short)
-scripted wanted level 7: you're being chased by an apc with 4 rocket launcher members, 4 flamethrower members and 4 punchers. its a bit hard to make one working gang out of them and put them into a vehicle, so please report strange behaviors.
-scripted wanted level 8: you're being chased by a driven nuclear load that will blow up when it comes close enough.

-big bug: changed car handling so it can steer very fast and it withstands 1 rocket (f0.900)(good in combination with vmg)
-b type: modified car handling
-Schmidt: very vulnerable to any damage but bullet and flameproof

-Limo1 & 2: gives you an elvis gang: they are dressed correctly, follow you, dont die, but don't attac either to make them not too strong. (the trigger is not working (anymore) but the gang itself did.)
wanted level 4 is gone when you get busted
there is no wanted level 7/8 as far as I tested... do I have correct map?
big bug is still destroyed with 1 rocket
car plates (when you enter) are pink and weird
sports limo gives nothing...

strange...
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

there should be a big car park left from your spawn point. when it is not there youre probably playing the wrong map.
The Car plate font, which is also the font you get with names like "ÕÜéà#äÕâ", was replaced by the big red & yellow font. in older versions this was looked buggy on the plates but its almost completely fixed now.

btw wanted level 7 & 8 obiously cannot be indicated by additional heads because this is hardcoded. Instead you will be notified by a "nice work" message
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Sorry, I put the mod/map in the wrong GTA2 folder... :oops: Now it works.

What a lot of stuff in this mod/map, it's crazy town. :lol:
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

The first version of tiny tiny town army with multiplayer support is working now. you can download it together with the classic version from the first post
yur sa'nok ngeyä