Hostages

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Jones
Psycho
Psycho

Hostages

Post by Jones »

Hostages is a new map made by Sequential and myself :) It features indoor areas, weapon and team selection and a rescue the hostages gamemode a la Counter Strike.

Mission
Cops must free all 4 hostages within 12 minutes. You can free a hostage by walking near him and guiding him to the safety zone. Terrorists will win if not all hostages got saved in that time.

Recommended settings
1000000 points game, cops on and no time limit (time handled internally)

Don't forget to check out the overview map at the weapon selection area, if you get lost ;)

Todo:
- Needs more testing and balancing, especially concerning avaiable weapons
- missing map boundaries
- camera bug if player is drowning in swatvan with hostage
- ther are some ways to abuse map, but not sure if important enough to be fixed

Comments and criticism are always welcome ;-)

Last edited by Jones on 08 Dec 2012, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Hostages

Post by Sektor »

Very cool. Not many levels use WARP for interiors and this might be the first with a staircase that teleports (there have been elevators and doors before). The changes to the sounds are good. I haven't played it against someone yet.

As you know, the level hasn't been sectioned off yet, so this is possible: http://gtamp.com/images/hostages.jpg
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Nice. I loved that shadow effect you did at the beginning. Multiple floors in a building is awesome!

I also found a bug in my editor while checking this map, thanks for that too. :)
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Great map, so much detail, scripts, gxt, sound, art. I played it with Vike and he was able to rescue all the hostages (mostly because I didn't know the map). Then I tried being SWAT but the game went for 45 minutes and I just couldn't get all of them out (isn't there supposed to be a 12 minute limit?).

Invis seems overpowered until you realise the terrorists can just camp until they see a hostage escaping and then just shoot them.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

<3 the way you thinkink, maybe you want hear about my ideas :D coz im not in mapmaking anymore and i had a few great ideas.
Jones
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Jones »

Haha, thx for the nice comments :D The timer bug is fixed in the next version :)
@Razor: of course, just contact sequential or me. always love to hear new ideas, but realising them is another story :D
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

I didn't like it at all and Jones wrote down why. I also gave suggestions for improvements, so it can be a bit more "pick up and play".

The overall idea and game mode are fine. It's just done in am awkward way. Jones has the specific things I mean.