10 trains getaway

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
T.M.
Immortal

10 trains getaway

Post by T.M. »

Its a weird map where you drive around and try to not explode.

Close to crash animations:
Image Image
Luck times two:

Dead-end ... or not:

Luck times three:
ImageImage

The car will explode if it hits a car, ped or a train. Or if you get score any other way e.g. shooting. (but only after you get inside a car). and if you run out of time ofc.

Here is the map files, its pretty much work in progress, feel free to improve it:
10trainsmission1.7z
10trainsmission1
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 961 times
Current version supports max 2 players, though its not a big deal to add support for more (just repeat code & replace).

Thanks to Sektor for finding out ELSE's doesnt work, saved me from mental hospital again.

Havent decided the name yet, ideas?
Last edited by T.M. on 02 Dec 2011, 16:54, edited 10 times in total.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Re: 10 trains getaway

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Hehe, looks like a fun map. The cars also keep spawning to make crossing harder?

Perhaps you can even make it a multi-player map where the cars have VMG.

For the name:
Trainwreck

P.s. Aren't it 12 trains? :o
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Cuban-Pete wrote:Hehe, looks like a fun map. The cars also keep spawning to make crossing harder?
:O good idea! didnt think of that. i was thinking to add peds/cars driving around there once you have survived long enough, but spawning more stand-alone cars seems like a good idea!
Cuban-Pete wrote:Perhaps you can even make it a multi-player map where the cars have VMG.
and destroy all the trains ? :D
Cuban-Pete wrote:For the name:
Trainwreck
sounds like the movie name "Starwreck" :-)
Cuban-Pete wrote:P.s. Aren't it 12 trains? :o
nope! i originally made this map for 12 trains (notice the 12 tracks on each side!) but it crashed gta2... :( try it yourself if youre not believing!
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

That is a nice one [respect]
You just lost the game.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

Add vmg and put respawning vehicles and player spawn points on platforms over the trains. under the platforms there should be no place to hide from the trains.

the trickiest part is to get more kills than suicides but it might not be that hard. its an open area and if you have vmg its quite easy to hit a player quite often. if you hit someone and he then after a few moments get hit by a train you will get the frag like if you shoot someone who then jumps into water.

oh and make the trains indestructable in gci.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

i dont think VMG would be a good idea. the cars must drive so fast that your bullets just wont even hit anyone... you will rather hit the enemy with your car than with your bullets. and hitting a car with a car will cause explosion... and i dont want to change that or the trains becomes less dangerous since you would die only from the front-hit.

anyways... this map was supposed to be something different than just "KILL KILL KILL!!!" like every other map out there. i didnt expect gta2 fans to like this anyways; you love shooting and destroying things. i like to drive around and find the fastest path and make it perfect, you would understand if you played old nintendo games like Contra :D
elypter wrote:oh and make the trains indestructable in gci.
That is possible? :shock: how? cant it be possible to make wreck-cars indestructible as well? and all other cars that will crash gta2 when they explode? (HOTDOG_D1-4)
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

sure you can. otherwise the train on tyfo army would explode all the time when it drives over road traffic.

dont know, i didnt try that out yet. just set anti-strength to 0
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

In nyc.gci, change f1.000 {anti strength} to f0.001 {anti strength} for all the vehicles that you want indestructible.

In mmp file, you can add GCIFile = 10trains.gci, so you don't have to overwrite nyc.gci but that only works if you start through network window.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

Sektor wrote:In nyc.gci, change f1.000 {anti strength} to f0.001 {anti strength} for all the vehicles that you want indestructible.

In mmp file, you can add GCIFile = 10trains.gci, so you don't have to overwrite nyc.gci but that only works if you start through network window.
f0.001 ? thats practically indestructable too but why not f0.000 ?
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

T.M. wrote: i like to drive around and find the fastest path and make it perfect, you would understand if you played old nintendo games like Contra :D
I also like to do that in GTA2. Drive as fast as possible, as long as possible without hitting something. Now I sometimes do that in GTA 4 on the fastest bike. :)

Close encounters are of course the best part of the racing. [electrofingers]
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

elypter wrote:sure you can. otherwise the train on tyfo army would explode all the time when it drives over road traffic.
trains doesnt explode from driving over cars. they only explode if you shoot them. doesnt even explode from nearby car explosions etc. just from your weapons direct hits.

@Sektor, maybe you could change the gci file in next gta2 version to include the wreck-cars and hotdog_d1-4 cars to be indestructible to avoid crashes?
Cuban-Pete wrote:
T.M. wrote: i like to drive around and find the fastest path and make it perfect, you would understand if you played old nintendo games like Contra :D
I also like to do that in GTA2. Drive as fast as possible, as long as possible without hitting something. Now I sometimes do that in GTA 4 on the fastest bike. :)

Close encounters are of course the best part of the racing. [electrofingers]
Heh, yeah i remember doing this ever since from GTA1 too. i guess its in our blood :D
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

T.M. wrote:
elypter wrote:sure you can. otherwise the train on tyfo army would explode all the time when it drives over road traffic.
trains doesnt explode from driving over cars. they only explode if you shoot them. doesnt even explode from nearby car explosions etc. just from your weapons direct hits.
but it takes damage from crashing into the cars. sooner or later it will explode.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

OH, i see you are right, i tested. it needs a lot of cars to hit until it explodes, not a problem on my map though.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Got insane close situation again:
normal speed
normal speed
traincrash_almost1_.gif (165.13 KiB) Viewed 40234 times
slowmo
slowmo
traincrash_almost2_.gif (165.13 KiB) Viewed 40234 times
Looks insane in normal speed!