GTA1 Cities in GTA2 with Multiplayer!

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Hippox77
Mugger
Mugger

Re: GTA1 Cities in GTA2 with Multiplayer!

Post by Hippox77 »

Hi.

It's really awesome to be able to play maps from GTA 1 in GTA 2. Sweet work done on this!

I'd personally like to not to have unlimited ammo for standard weapons at spawn, though. It's personally not a gameplay type enjoy very much. It just lacks dynamics, not having to find the weapons yourself. Is the original GTA 1 multiplayer like this, too? :)
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

You have to pickup weapons in the original GTA1 multiplayer. They are scattered very scarcely and GTA1 only has pistol, machine gun, flamer thrower and rocket launcher.
Hippox77
Mugger
Mugger

Post by Hippox77 »

Sektor wrote:You have to pickup weapons in the original GTA1 multiplayer. They are scattered very scarcely and GTA1 only has pistol, machine gun, flamer thrower and rocket launcher.
I see.

How would I go about removing the weapons that you spawn with, so that I can add them myself using a map editor?

Thanks
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Open the .mis files with mispad/scriptpad/notepad and delete all the lines that start with GIVE_WEAPON and then compile the .mis file with mispad/scriptpad or the official compiler. You could add // to the start of the lines instead of removing them (that just makes the compiler ignore the line).
Hippox77
Mugger
Mugger

Post by Hippox77 »

Sektor wrote:Open the .mis files with mispad/scriptpad/notepad and delete all the lines that start with GIVE_WEAPON and then compile the .mis file with mispad/scriptpad or the official compiler. You could add // to the start of the lines instead of removing them (that just makes the compiler ignore the line).
Thank you, I'll try that out then. :)
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

GTA Vice City crashes when I moving from somewhere to somewhere. Help me please.
JG
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by JG »

Galactic Boy wrote:GTA Vice City crashes when I moving from somewhere to somewhere. Help me please.
We've had quite a few issues with Vice City crashing in the past. BenMillard has done some extensive troubleshooting which seemed to take care of all of the known hot-spots at the time.

Did you mean Vice City crashes when you reach a particular location? Does it happen every time?
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Good to see you, JG! Sadly I think something in the traffic system might still be a crash causer, even after nuking large areas and rebuilding it using 'safe' layouts.
CarThief
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: CarThief

Post by CarThief »

Hm, i guess the traffic system can indeed be very annoying, had it happen to my singleplayer map once while trying different road layouts, crashed either all the time in that area or frequently but not all the time whenever one entered that area. Good thing i built the roads from scratch and had various flawless test drives before, so the problem was quickly isolated and removed.

I'd give advice... but all it is at this point is a matter of trial and error on finding that spot. I simply hope whoever's checking the roads has the knowlege of knowing what parts do work and what parts might not. Definitely helps with finding the problem if whoever's fixing it also made it from scratch.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Galactic Boy wrote:GTA Vice City crashes when I moving from somewhere to somewhere. Help me please.
Does it happen randomly or in a specific area? Use the co-ordinates in-game (press C I think with debug keys enabled) to help with that as your comment doesn't really help with anything in pinpointing the problem.

Vice City map in GTA2 has been notorious for crashing at the junction area in north-east but since Ben remade it it's definitely a lot better.

And nice to see you too, JG!
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

It happens in "Vice Beach". The game crashes when I pressed a key in "Vice Beach".
JG
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by JG »

BenMillard wrote:Good to see you, JG!
Pyro wrote:And nice to see you too, JG!
Likewise! :D
Galactic Boy wrote:It happens in "Vice Beach". The game crashes when I pressed a key in "Vice Beach".
We'll still need more information - please see Pyro's previous post and we will hopefully locate the source of the problem. :-)