does anybody want to make something out of this?

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

does anybody want to make something out of this?

Post by elypter »

It is the Mad Island district from industrial. I cut it out and made it an independed map but i don't really know what to do with it.
I thought it's an interesting area and most people know it already, so if anybody has an idea what to do with it good luck, i think it has the potential to become a good map.

download
Attachments
mi.jpg
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: does anybody want to make something out of this?

Post by BenMillard »

Parkour Race
Parts of it could be a parkour race pretty much as-is. You could have stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3 as I believe there are 3 distinct routes through different rooftop regions? (So a bit like Bernaar Race but on foot. Could teleport between stages, once all players have completed the current stage.

Existing Parkour
I was thinking of scripting the parkour on MultiSlayer City into a loose, informal foot race. Points bonus for winner, maybe EXPLODE_SMALL death to losers. Arrows would point each jump. A bit like the rooftop stunt sequence in GTA Vice City, with PCJ 600.

Survival Horror
The concept of Mad Island is great. It could be a sort of armed zombie survival horror type thing, like Resident Evil. Cartoon style of GTA2 might make it funny, like Shaun of the Dead. But the geometry of the level is simply awful for any deathmatch gaming.

Quick Testing
You can play Industrial 2 player with an obedient and skilled player to fight in Mad Island. The fights are just lame, even if respawn points are moved and weapons changed. Bit open areas, long boring routes which must be walked along. No shortcuts up or down.

Tiny Mad Island Idea
The whole area would need substantial re-building to create a level which plays well in deathmatch. Like, the amount of rebuilding (and weapon changes) my "Tiny Original Levels" demonstrate.

Feel free to try any of these ideas yourself. I already have an interesting project, making THSA more scenic whilst keeping authentic geometry.