ALPINE's Map for Multiplayer co-op missions

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
ALPINE
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: ALPINE

ALPINE's Map for Multiplayer co-op missions

Post by ALPINE »

THREE years ago I've created this map.
I've created it for scripting multiplayer cooperative missions. But I didn't have time to finish it.
I offer you to take this idea and finish the map if you want.
alpine1.jpg
alpine1.jpg (46.96 KiB) Viewed 13468 times
Only one mission is implemented now: cooperative destroying Icecream vans. It's working correctly and you can play it (only 1 or 2 players are available). Attention: map does not have lighting, don't forget to select "Noon" lighting (not dusk).

Some notes about the map:
  • One Player's Gang Base (Zaibatsu) with spawn points, armor, guns, cars and mission phones
  • One working mission (for 1 or 2 players). Destroying the vans will be not so simple task as you think :)
  • Small interesting zone at the base with "Gouranga" garage (car shop should be here). You can't drive car to this zone, only crane can put cat there. I've planned missions where players must arm car in this garage, and only way to do this - put this car on trailer and drive to this crane (something like that). It can be good challenge.
  • Police station. Closed, but can be opened with script (destroy block with doors). Can be useful at missions.
  • Two psycho bots with rocket launchers. They permanently kill each other. Just for fun :)
Source code of mission (.mis) is very simple. Anyone can read and understand here. I put commentaries to describe how to add new missions to this script. All files attached to this post. Map name: ALPINE1.

Waiting for comments :)
Attachments
alpine1.zip
(102.47 KiB) Downloaded 665 times
Last edited by ALPINE on 19 Dec 2010, 11:16, edited 2 times in total.
.4LPINE
ALPINE
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Re: ALPINE's Map for Multiplayer co-op missions

Post by ALPINE »

24 views and no posts. Sadly :)
.4LPINE
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

i like the idea of coop missions and also the mission you made.

besides the 1-6 player compatibility could you please add the preview image to the download file so it shows up in game hunter.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
ALPINE
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by ALPINE »

Do you mean make preview that described in "Map preview images for GH" topic?
.4LPINE
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Please use JPEG for that map image, 60% to 80% compression ratio. The image you've posted is quite small yet has 300kB filesize! I suspect it's PNG, which doesn't compress natural details at all well. Also, PNG is not currently supported by Game Hunter.

Other Collaborative Levels
Only one I see played at all is Army Base. They objectives are technically very simple. The difficulty level is made extremely high because the AI has endless swarms of National Guard and several tank guards.

Teamwork is an absolute necessity. It's fascinating (to me, at least) how each player takes on the same scenarios in a different way.

Unbalanced Team Games
DeCon Labs again has technically very simple objectives but it's a one-against-all team game. The bigger team has to play co-operatively and very tactically to win. You could program bots to play it but they just don't have the skill. You'd have to give them Electro Gun or just add dozens of them for it to be a challenge.

Cops & Robbers
This is a mode is I bet we all dream about! I'd make the host the criminal and all other players are law enforcement. Natural law enforcement would also be present and would only attack the host.

Trouble is, coming up with missions which take a few minutes but include loads of action. They also have to be repeatable. And, ideally, somewhat randomised.
ALPINE
Car Jacker
Car Jacker

Post by ALPINE »

Thanks. First post updated.
- preview image is converted to jpeg (48 kb now)
- zip archive now contains this preview. other files in archive is not changed.

BenMillard. Are your missions singleplayer? You offer to make them multiplayer?
.4LPINE
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

The game crashes when mission 1 finishes.