9/11

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).

Rate the map

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
67%
33%

Total votes: 3

Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Re: 9/11

Post by Gustavob »

v2.0 released. Changelog:
  • Changed the .sty file to wil.sty (Downtown District textures) after suggested by BenMillard, with good results
  • Added bomb timers and bomb disarming timers
  • The interiors outside the mainland have been deprecated and deleted, now the roof of the towers is just removed when a player is inside them
  • Added arrows pointing to the doors and to the place-where-to-plant-the-bomb and to the bomb itself when its planted
  • Added dusk lights
  • Player order inverted, now the player can start a singleplayer game as the terrorist
  • Changed the terrorist remap to red to prevent arrow confusion
  • Added lampposts on the streets, although I guess I added too much
  • Changed the mmp file to fit the new standard by Elypter
  • Changed the bomb exploding time from 1:00 to 1:30
  • Changed the ground level (and the buildings level) down to 0.0 but kept the WTC height so they look higher (suggested by BenMillard)
See first post for the download
You just lost the game.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

These are great improvements which add up to a transformed level. It's actually playable now! :P
  1. Lampposts are too numerous and too close.
  2. 30 metres apart would be every 7th block, alternating sides.
  3. Move them back from the road by 1 block.
  4. The garages don't teleport cars.
  5. DOOR objects are weird. Just use doorways and openings.
  6. Teleports are quite delayed. You could use COUNTER to track teleport direction and make them instant.
  7. You could SET_ARROW_COLOUR to indicate what each arrow points at. Green for a door, red for a bomb?
  8. Roof shouldn't have fences, let alone walls around it.
  9. No need to hide/show the roof, just have the bomb-setting happen at highest Z. Like a Hollywood movie...Die Hard or something.
  10. The wrecked building should be at ground level, not at 1st floor level.
  11. The wreckage is narrower than the building. If anything it should be a bit wider; see my earlier message.
  12. Nice find for the wrecked tiles.
  13. There are some blends between pavement types which could be used further out, if the swapping is fast.
  14. Traffic density seems too high and the roads seem very narrow.
  15. Scale is perfectly "shrink-wrapped" for GTA2 gameplay.
  16. Weapon locations don't seem to be thought out...how does terrorist get weapons at start?
  17. All the central buildings look identical. They should use different textures, such as the brown variant. (Again see earlier message.)
  18. Many buildings on level boundary are equal in height and much larger than WTC. That is wrong?
These are just quick thoughts about the details before I eat dinner. It's a real step forwards, overall!
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

1. I actually expected somebody to comment on that. Actually, I noticed that, but when I did it was too late
  2. Will do that
  3. Will do that
  4. I guess you're trying to tell me to open the doors/teleport the players only when they are on foot?
  5. Maybe
  6. That is intentional: the first time I scripted this the game used to crash when I got to the teleport point. Adding the delays fixed that, but I may reduce the wait.
  7. Will try
  8. I'm not sure what fences you're talking about, could you explain it more please?
  9. Like, exploding the roof? Maybe
  10. I've thought of that too, but I guess I tried to make it similar to "The Pile" after the WTC collapsed when I started it. Will probably change it
  11. That wasn't possible when I was making it because of the above point. But as I'll change it, this will also get changed
  12. Indeed, thank you
  13. Once again I didn't quite understand what you mean, are you talking about tiles 68/76?
  14. Yep, indeed. I might use zones to reduce traffic and make roads wider.
  15. Yup
  16. Yeah, I guess I just did something random at the time, with one base for each (one of which is not even used now), but then I spawned the terrorist too far from his own base (the base it to the west of his spawn place, with the weapons inside). I'll fix that.
  17. Will try it out to see how it will look like
  18. Yeah probably by mistake, will fix.
You just lost the game.