vike's GTA2 update patch enhancement upgrade fix v11.44

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Re: Vike's enhanced GTA2

Post by Vike the Hube »

T.M. wrote:
Vike the Hube wrote:Yeah yeah, I know; and angles are stored *4 :P
are you kidding? i think you are, but on the other hand: i remember docs saying "*something* must be multiple of 4" which is bullshit.
Well it is stored as 4*blah for some angles.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

nope it isnt :-) all angles are 16bit values except the tile rotations are 2bit indexes for an array that has values 0,90,180,270
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

T.M. wrote:i would prefer value 1337.0 or 7313.0 as in "TELE" lol
The main reason I chose 254 was because the compiler won't allow higher than 255 and no one uses 254 for Z coordinate.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Code: Select all

WARP_FROM_CAR_TO_POINT (p1, 1.1,2.2,1337.0, 155)
compiles fine for me. as far as i have tested: all floats support any value between -any to any. just that the any will be truncated in range -131071.0 and 131071.0. thats how i figured out how floats were stored: i compiled as high values as possible and found out the 16384 thing that way too.

i think you confused it to GTA2 from allowing higher than 255.0, thats true. it would crash, at least for coords, dunno about other float values. but that doesnt have to be like that if Vike makes a check if(value == 1337){ dont_crash(); } ;)
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I thought I tested it in the compiler but I must have only tested if angle can be more than 359 (it can't but I know you mentioned that already).

1337.0 or 7313.0 would be better :P
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

T.M. wrote:nope it isnt :-) all angles are 16bit values except the tile rotations are 2bit indexes for an array that has values 0,90,180,270
What about WFCTP? Can't remember if it's stored like that in the .scr or not. At any rate gta2.exe converts to and from 4* the angle.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

T.M. wrote:but that doesnt have to be like that if Vike makes a check if(value == 1337){ dont_crash(); } ;)
Haha "dont_crash()", if only it was that easy :D Damn flamethrower + door bug would be smashed long ago.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Vike the Hube wrote:What about WFCTP? Can't remember if it's stored like that in the .scr or not.
All functions angles are 16 bit. even WFCTP. i made the decompiler remember? ;) trust me i know :D
Vike the Hube wrote:At any rate gta2.exe converts to and from 4* the angle.
Whaaaat!? you mean WFCTP function ? so we can have only 4 degree precision then? that is super weird, i dont believe it :D any other angle works just fine with 1 degree precision AFAIK.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Could it be anyhow possible to remove the annoying pause screen? I already muted the freeze.wav because it has HUGE volume and is super annoying when i want to play the game one frame at a time multiple times pressing the numpad+ button.

Here is what i mean:
freezecrap.JPG
freezecrap.JPG (31.22 KiB) Viewed 24080 times
the PAUSED image is fucking huge and covers everything i want to see, atm i just use debug keys to move the cam so i can see under that PAUSED image.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Overwrite the parts of the image in the image-editor with a transparent one?
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

its not actually an image, the font and background comes from .sty file. just need to replace those sprite ID's with something that isnt visible at all, each sty file has lots of unused/transparent sprites so its possible.
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

T.M. wrote:its not actually an image, the font and background comes from .sty file. just need to replace those sprite ID's with something that isnt visible at all, each sty file has lots of unused/transparent sprites so its possible.
it's pretty much that, just replace the background with pure black and then to remove the fonts go to fstyle.sty, i guess it's there (just in case it's not in the level's sty file), but if it is it will remove that font from everywhere it's used (and IIRC it's also used in the main menu), even though it will keep the small fonts below the background, and those are in the level's sty, but that would remove briefs as well. You probably don't care about it getting removed anywhere else so go on.
You just lost the game.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Not sure why you want to view something while paused, but anyway. Just do what Gustavob said really. The background on pause menu are called "GTA2_USER_OBJECT_xxxx.bmp", with xxxx being 1327 to 1329 in Delfi's STY Tool (right at the start actually). Change to all black and it becomes invisible.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

if i change the sty file, doesnt gta2 desync then? and if i change the font to invisible, then i cant see any other text with that font... i could change the background though, its useless.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Only the tiles I mention are used on the pause menu. If you make those invisible and keep the font the same/visible, it'll still say "Paused" but not occupy most of the screen with solid colour.

As far as I know, only the GMP, SCR and GCI need to be identical but I remember playing with friends a few years ago when I had different STY (like new car textures) and it worked, but I'm not sure about nowadays. Try it and find out.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

OH

here is why i needed it btw:
traincrash1.gif
traincrash1.gif (186.03 KiB) Viewed 24060 times
had one test drive even closer to death than that :D

--

btw i also noticed pausing will desync replay sometimes :(
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

You could also record with fraps and after that throw it in VirtualDub to make a .gif from it. (You might also wanna do an "optimize for animation" in GIMP to make the filesize smaller).
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

haha thats awesome.

i like that thrill of almost getting hit by train.
it sometimes happens on tiny face off army.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

elypter wrote:haha thats awesome.

i like that thrill of almost getting hit by train.
it sometimes happens on tiny face off army.
Then you love my map "10 trains" :D
Cuban-Pete wrote:You could also record with fraps and after that throw it in VirtualDub to make a .gif from it. (You might also wanna do an "optimize for animation" in GIMP to make the filesize smaller).
Or i could just press + button and few times screenshot and paste to a Animation Shop Pro (great program for making gifs, comes with Paint Shop Pro 7 which is also great program :D ). i optimized the gif size already AFAIK.

tbh, fraps is the last thing to do on cases like this where i need to get ALL frames. not to mention, i havent got my fraps working properly, ever. its buggy as hell... in fact, i havent had a single screen recorder EVER working properly. they always either fuck up colors, frames or just suck any other possible way you can think.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

I decided to do what cuban-pete said:
http://gtamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5380#p5380

got that damn fraps working after all, though, only in 640x480 resolution.