vike's GTA2 update patch enhancement upgrade fix v11.44

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Re: Vike's enhanced GTA2

Post by Gustavob »

That's Black Phoenix's site about OpenGTA2/OpenGBH, not related to Vike or 11.41. But I also wonder if he is able to help :P
You just lost the game.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

petr0 wrote:Hi, is that just me, or random disconnects in multiplayer games happens a lot more often on patch 11.41 than on 11.39?
It's not just you. I'm not certain why it's doing that but I plan to do some regression testing.
elypter wrote:intelligent coctail and grenade throwing
Interesting but unfortunately for you I have higher GTA2 priorities, besides the fact that I'm very lazy with working on GTA2 at all :P

RE BlackPhoenix, he is awesome and I love him and want his babies.
JernejL
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: RedShirt

Post by JernejL »

Has there been any thoughts / focus on fixing the object "kicking" code so we could play proper football without having to walk over the ball in reverse?
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

not yet as far as i remember. But this makes me think about grenades. It would be fun if not only peds and cars could push them but also players.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I've pushed grenades before. They often get stuck in front of you.
djdori11
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: djdori11

Post by djdori11 »

hello, i just wanted to ask, when a new version coming? you didnt released a new version many monthes!
oh and, in gta2 manager i cant choose 1280X1024 resolution but its my favorite, can you make the game support 1280X1024 resolution? thanks and sorry for bad english..

oh i also have these problems see if you can fix it to the next version:
when i do 1024X768 resolution the menu looks like this:
http://www.up2me.co.il/images/96957641.png

when i trying to go to options from the ingame menu i get this error:
http://www.up2me.co.il/images/88823423.png

thanks very much!
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I'd like to be able to control which cars appear on a map using GTA2 script. I hope it's just a matter of removing the code that sets the previous model to none when you suppress a new model but it's probably overwriting the old model name with the new one.
* SUPPRESS THIS CAR MODEL
This lets you prevent the recycling from creating 'dummy vehicles' of a certain type. You can do this on only one type at any time, but you change this model as often as you like. If you want to finish suppressing a particular model, call the command with 'NONE' as the model. Willie's using this to prevent the game creating Isetta Limos until a particular mission involving one is done, there may be other uses for it, say prevent a specific model appearing during a specific mission.

SUPPRESS_THIS_CAR_MODEL ( model name )

NOTE:
model name: string detailing the car model name to suppress, NONE to stop suppressing.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

djdori11 wrote:hello, i just wanted to ask, when a new version coming? you didnt released a new version many monthes!
Yeah I know, been busy with other things. Maybe soon? Who knows :D
djdori11 wrote: oh and, in gta2 manager i cant choose 1280X1024 resolution but its my favorite, can you make the game support 1280X1024 resolution? thanks and sorry for bad english..
One day I hope to get around to making it support whatever resolution you like, but unfortunately it gets that list from DirectX. If DirectX doesn't THINK it can do it, it doesn't let you do it. So even if I added it to the list I don't think GTA2 would work. But I will have a look at it.
djdori11 wrote: oh i also have these problems see if you can fix it to the next version:
when i do 1024X768 resolution the menu looks like this:
http://www.up2me.co.il/images/96957641.png
Yeah I know about that, probably nothing I can do about it.
djdori11 wrote: when i trying to go to options from the ingame menu i get this error:
http://www.up2me.co.il/images/88823423.png
Weird. I never use the options thing in the game so never knew about it.
Sektor wrote: but it's probably overwriting the old model name with the new one.
I bet that's the case too but even if it is I could probably make it not do that. Then I guess I would make it so calling "suppress" twice on the same car model toggles it?
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Electro fingers not killing own gang members...?
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

Cuban-Pete wrote:Electro fingers not killing own gang members...?
thats not the only thing that is bugged with electrofingers.
besides that it should also be possible to kill invulnerable people with it. as we know now for sure invulv should not help against electricity
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Scearezt
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: Scearezt

Post by Scearezt »

If you guys want I could search for these addresses (electrofinger,fastfire etc.), but takes time. Finding address doesn't mean I can release the trainer, if you guys can do something with these addresses than I can gave it to you. And you guys can use them for giving pickups to people without placing them on the map!

I'll look after them in the game. :?
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

Yeah, very interested. I've made some headway into the data structures but not a huge amount- most of it came from this: SCR Decompiler - we now have a big chunk of the .SCR format.

The main difficulty is sharing our work... all my notes are in an IDA Free database. Very hard to do source control on that I imagine. I guess we could just maintain two, look stuff up across them when we need to...

Anyway pm me instant messenger details :D
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

I found out something about the commonly known bug that regular instant gangs don't enter cars that are handled by script.
It works with once vehicle: the BUS.
it doesn't have to do with the doors or rooflights, i must be something unique of the BUS.
If you want to fix it this info maybe makes it easier to find out the problem.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

elypter wrote:I found out something about the commonly known bug that regular instant gangs don't enter cars that are handled by script.
It works with once vehicle: the BUS.
it doesn't have to do with the doors or rooflights, i must be something unique of the BUS.
If you want to fix it this info maybe makes it easier to find out the problem.
On a similar note, if you have any NPC following you and you try and get on a train they will never follow you on it. Even stuff like storing the car the character is in and then making them enter said vehicle doesn't work either. Never sure why it happens, although you don't actually get on the train itself, instead you get on the carriage (which just says "Train" as the vehicle name when you get in) and have zero control over it, bar entering and exiting at stops.

Might also be worth a look into if possible? :shock:
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

Actually with Elypter's little bit of info that might make it possible. I'll bang it on the list ;)
keepitreal
Ped
Ped
GH nick: keepitreal

Post by keepitreal »

Great version but is it possible that the radio doesn't work anymore? How could I get turn it on or get it back to work? I have music volume on max..
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

that probably has to do with the game files of the gta2 that you installed. it is not included in dr slonys rip, game pakx or online pakx. if you want radio you need the installer from rockstar or get the gtaudio folder from such an installation or media pakx
yur sa'nok ngeyä
keepitreal
Ped
Ped

Post by keepitreal »

elypter wrote:that probably has to do with the game files of the gta2 that you installed. it is not included in dr slonys rip, game pakx or online pakx. if you want radio you need the installer from rockstar or get the gtaudio folder from such an installation or media pakx
I installed with an original cd but with this patch I don't hear the music anymore, even no intro song..
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

hmm, then i dont know, i dont play with music.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
keepitreal
Ped
Ped

Post by keepitreal »

elypter wrote:hmm, then i dont know, i dont play with music.
well ye I just deleted the whole thing, and reinstalled with my cd

so I'm not using this patch

It just isn't the same without music..