Long time no see!

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Long time no see!

Post by Razor »

Hey (i wasnt here for a while), i just wan to ask if now we have way to resize sty file? I mean Can i create one file with 3 districts styles combined? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Long time no see!

Post by Sektor »

You can add pages but I'm not sure how many the game supports and vike hasn't increased it.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I remember it being done with GTA1 textures for GTA2 but unfortunately not all the cities for GTA2, as you can guess each one has about ~900 tiles/textures so thats nearly ~2700 for the 3 cities!

Would be cool though!
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Even if you could fit all the art in the STY file, you'd still need to increase the map size to have all the cities in one GMP. It would be cool but I find even the normal maps too large for multiplayer. At least we can add flying vehicles now, so it won't take so long to travel.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

There is 10 bits reserved for tile_id, that means max 1024 tiles possible to add into GMP, thus also 1024 tiles to STY files. All tiles must be 64x64 pixels, so you cant add more by resizing the tiles either.

First tile_id cannot be used, and i think the last 2 tilepages (4*4*2 tiles) cant be used either, for some mystical reason. I think it had something to do with animations.

So 991 total can be used i thinks.