GTA2 New missions mod

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
J91321
Ped
Ped

GTA2 New missions mod

Post by J91321 »

Hi, I'm new to GTA2 modding. I'm trying to do some new missions. It would be cool to create whole new add-on for the game but that's just a dream. But I haven't got what to do for next two months so I wanted to share my things with you.
GTA2 mission mod.rar
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 554 times
I used converted San Andreas map form GTA1. So far I made two simple missions :-) . Also I wanted to ask you about phones because they're behavior is confusing :? . When I answer first phone and complete mission I can't answer the second phone. But if I answer the second phone first and complete the mission I can answer the first phone after that mission. I tried SET_PHONE_DEAD and DISABLE_TRIGGER_THREAD but it seems it's not working. But both missions are connected so maybe I should rebuild them for using just one phone. I also posted both missions on youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qALNfQQY2Js and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so-4PGTnfSg
So what do you think?
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Re: GTA2 New missions mod

Post by Pyro »

Have you tried looking at the official bil.mis script and the other missions included with official script compiler?

In short, when you complete a mission you need to set a counter to tell it that the player has "passed" the mission, thus removing it from the list of available missions from the phone(s). Once X amount of missions from the phones are passed, they become dead and won't give out any more missions. Notice that official missions, the green phones for example, there are two phones and you can get missions from either of them. If you complete one mission you can still use any phone for the remaining mission.

By the way, are you using the generic "blue" phones or the coloured (green/yellow/red) gang phones? Seeing as you mentioned using GTA1 San Andreas map there are no default gangs so I imagine you are using blue phones.
J91321
Ped
Ped

Post by J91321 »

Well I'm using green gang phones, I have already set gang zones in the map. I looked at bill.mis and green phones are set with easy phone template so one phone one mission. So two Krishna green phones each gives one mission. I'm using green phones with easy phone template too. I checked the counters and I haven't found any problem there. When complete mission from first green phone it looks like it disables thread for the second phone so I can't answer it. But if I complete mission from second green phone I can then do mission from first phone. There must be problem somewhere in first phone mission but I can't find anything.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

"Job Failed" [frenzy]
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."