Residential Map Bonus Missions

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Residential Map Bonus Missions

Post by Pyro »

Alrighty then. Figured I'd try my hand at making some single player missions and make a bonus missions pack/expansion to the Residential District (ste.gmp) which seems to be a lot of people's favourite city and remembering some "bonus" missions for bil.gmp many years ago by people I've forgotten the names of which inspired me to try this.

As you can guess, there is an awful lot of prep to be done before any missions are done, and includes trivial things like placing sounds, vehicles, phones, weapons, doors, cranes, crushers and anything else that is relevant. This won't be a direct copy and paste of trying to get every vehicle in the original ste.scr in their correct places but will be totally new (but relevant in areas - such as pickups in Redneck area etc).

Here are the plans so far of what I want to include:
  • Make a brand new ste.scr practically from scratch (called "ste-new.scr" with help from our old friend bil.mis!) with similar references to the original ste.scr. Will try and keep the overall theme in this one.
  • Multiple missions per gang for Rednecks, Scientists and the Zaibatsu. Probably start off with 2/3+ missions per gang and see where it goes.
  • Use a new GXT for missions. However, since GH supports custom GXT's I may just end up making it a one player MMP file so people don't have to replace their GXT file. We'll see!
  • More Wang Cars fun! ;)
  • Kill Frenzies. Will re-use existing ones that actually work. Will start with around 5 or 10.
  • Even more GTA2 tokens. Going to be 50 since you can't declare in coding that there will be less.
  • Keep the finishing score at $3,000,000 but this heavily depends on the amount of missions.
Will also throw in references to other gangs here too and even the not-so-common "Yutes" and the like.

Here's a list of idea for missions that I currently have:

Rednecks
  • A mission similar to the original Scientists "Redneck Attack!" (where you have to defend the generators) but you instead go back to help them finish the job off and blow the generators up!
  • "Beany Liquor" mission where you collect random stuff to make their infamous (and illegal) alcoholic beverage. Possibly defending the site from others or delivering it to places with dire (and random) consequences.
  • Another prison mission? :P
Scientists
  • Collecting Rednecks to be converted into experimental drones for an attack on Zaibatsu Village. By experimental I mean exploding. And by exploding I mean exploding a lot. That's what you get for using dumb subjects and making them into drones :P
  • Killing Scientist "defectors" and their gang (similar to "Taxi For Traitors!" mission but a LOT harder and no RC Taxi)
Zaibatsu
  • Enlisting the Yutes gang to help kill Rednecks and then turning on them to finally wipe the gang out for good.
  • Stop Russians from entering Residential District and meeting with Scientists.
If you can think of idea for interesting missions let me know! A lot to do but mostly getting the base script setup ready. Should be fun :)

Expect details here to change as and when they are done.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Re: Residential Map Bonus Missions

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Awesome! :)

I like little details in the missions, so here a few idea's for little details.

Redneck
- If they give a weapon for the mission, make it molotov and shotgun only.
- Cars are always parked wrong and not all cars start/work. Some cars are already damaged and smoking.
- All radio stations in this area are blocked with home-made radio blocker, but own radio with country music works! :P (maybe make zaibatsu mission that the blocker needs to be taken down)
- Oil slicks on the roads.
- Little groups of gangmembers smoking on the side of the road.
- Strange places (hidden) are guns/weapons.
- Amount of ammunition of weapons in the fort is not always the same and often low. :P
- Hardly any cop in the area/fort, but just on the outside of the fence a lot.

Zaibatsu
- All very clean and working properly.
- Cars parked perfect.
- Guns are on clear/perfect position and always same amount of ammunition.
- Lots of cops in the area. Hmm, or not... not sure.

Scientists
- Cars sometimes with no reason explode or start fire. Experimental engines go broken, something like that as reason.
- Some gangmembers suddenly go crazy with electrofingers or go running wild.
- Mines on the sidewalks for no clear reason. Failed experiments?
- RC-cars passing by.
- Some very unique car designs on the road near the base. It are test cars. Perhaps some can go very fast, but start smoking if you do. lol

etc. I can go on for a while. :D

Some mission idea's:
- 'Drunk Silence'. You play for zaibatsu and carry a silence machine gun. the task is to infiltrate the redneck base and steal the secret liquor recipe without them knowing it. you need to be not detected and shoot two correct bullets within 2-3 sec else the guard is not death and the alarm goes off.

- 'Police Blocker'. The redneck screwed up and the cops are coming in big numbers. to protect the fort you need to make a wall of cars in front of the gate. you need to use for this zaibatsu cars so the police thinks zaibatsu is helping them, so steal a lot of them. problem is that zaibatsu don't like that and will remove the cars if you don't do it within a certain time.

- 'Noisy drugs'. The scientists have developed a new drugs and the whole city is addicted. the drugs makes people go naked. lol. anyway, the scientist are not happy and stopped the delivery of the drugs, but the people are "stuck" in the drugs, the only way to get them out is a big loud sound. your task is to get a wanted level with lots of police cars so it makes a lot of noise. than it's the task to run atleast a few minutes in the city with the cops on your tail to get people out of the drugs. lol, long mission description. haha

//edit. if you like the mission idea's, I can perhaps think of more. if one mission is not clear, please ask, I'm not good at explaining my idea in english and perhaps forgotten important parts.
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: Residential Map Bonus Missions

Post by BenMillard »

Awesome ideas, Pete. All technically possible, as far as I can tell.

Pyro, doing these as multiplayer missions would be cooler. MultiSlayer has an experimental Cops & Robbers mode which you could try out. It isn't gameplay balanced and only has 2 missions. It does run robustly, though.