team multiplayer

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
jibby
Mugger
Mugger

team multiplayer

Post by jibby »

I think that the gta community should collaborate on a mode for team multiplayer. Possible features could include:

[*] friendly-fire on/off options
[*] if trying to get into vehicle with team-mate already in, the player rides as passenger
[*] counters for teams

Sounds like this is all doable with scripting (not sure about point 1), but it would be nice to hard-code it in. Either way, I propose using this thread to share Team Mode code snippets, so we can collaborate and build a "library" that anybody can use to make maps.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Re: team multiplayer

Post by elypter »

-point one is not doable. there is a command that can check if someone is hit by a weapon but that is too late to prevent damage exept with flame thrower. hmmm maybe it is possible with a group command used on a player but didnt test that yet.
-that is not possible in the way that you describe it. you cannot detect if a player is about to enter a specific car. but you can do it like with the blackbox/backseat powerup in tiny face off army lite or like with some cars (eg: taxi) in tiny tiny town army
-point 3 has been done in team tiny town afaik
yur sa'nok ngeyä
jibby
Mugger
Mugger

Post by jibby »

About getting into passenger door: didn't Scearezt show a hack that can do this here?

Not sure if it would work how I described it or in multiplayer, but one can dream....

Another request:
[*]team members' gangs should not attack teammates
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

Elypter is talking about stuff that's possible without modifying the exe/hacking memory/etc. Once you start to need to do that it gets a lot more difficult, depending on what exactly you want to do. But, difficult is not impossible ;-)
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

vike the hub = mr.impossible :mrgreen:

wait let me correct that a bit...

vike the hub = mr.(im)possible
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

Even impossible says I'm possible! :)
Always wear safety glasses while programming.