remote control cars?

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
jibby
Mugger
Mugger

remote control cars?

Post by jibby »

I want to add remote control cars to my multilayer map. But it seems that the remote car blown up counts as a suicide and therefore a negative point. Is there a way to get around this?
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: remote control cars?

Post by Sektor »

You could count how many times each player has died using GTA2 script. You'd have to use the scores to display the frag counts since you can't change the actual frag counters using GTA2 script. You can't reliably detect who was killed by who, so the winner would have to be the player who died the least amount of times. If the player is standing in the remote control spot then you wouldn't count RC car exploding as a death.

You could fake a remote controlled car by teleporting the player to the car, disabling their controls, ordering them into the car, enable their controls, disable their enter key to lock them in the car and if the car damage is really low then you could teleport them out of the car and back to a fixed location.

Blackmail Vike into patching gta2.exe so that RC vehicle destruction doesn't count as a player suicide.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

Sektor wrote:Blackmail Vike
I also accept bribes.
jibby
Mugger
Mugger

Post by jibby »

Ay, that's too bad. It would have been a good addition to multiplayer maps, especially if you could randomize the type of car. Imagine not knowing if the car following you is real or remote. Adds an element of uncertainty.

I guess add it to the giant list of things to fix, Vike =).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

you could play arround with players on car backseats. i dont know how this can be combined with RC cars or not. but you dont die in a car when it gets destroyed when you are on the backseat. i hope you can use it in some way.
yur sa'nok ngeyä