updates to the vehicle page in the gta wiki

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

updates to the vehicle page in the gta wiki

Post by elypter »

http://gta.wikia.com/Vehicles_in_GTA_2

I added Train trailors, Wrecks and script names for all vehicles.
Before when you wanted to place vehicles on a map you needed 2 lists to first get the vehicle name and then the script name.
now you can do it with only one list.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: updates to the vehicle page in the gta wiki

Post by Sektor »

Great. I've wanted a combined list with images for a long time.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Looks good.

Might be worth adding if you try and script a train to appear as a car (or its trailers) the game will crash instantly on loading. Also, while the wrecks can be put in game normally, the game will crash if you shoot the wrecks and destroy them (basically, there can't be a wreck of a wreck!). You can, however, make them rocket / fire / bullet proof.

I'm guessing this list is only for the drivable cars but you don't seem to have the Meteor variant (script it's called STRATOSB). Might be a few others (other than the other Hot Dog vans which are irrelevant and I recommend removing the variants D1-D4 ) missing too. The tow truck only appears in multiplayer, the GT-A1 is used for the Wang Cars and things like that are worth mentioning too. ;)
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

thanks,
I added STRATOSB & modified Towtruck and i did not find other missing ones but i would keep the hotdog dummies in the list. They would be the only missing ones then and you could maybe use them for some scripting hacks. eg: havn't tried it out yet but it should be possible use it to have multiple carhandlings for the same vehicle by using the dummies and put the actual vehicle over it with the put on trailer command.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Dual name but without images was written by Pyro and published by me some time ago. Seeing the cars makes a huge difference, though!