Wall in less-than-texture size

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Acho
Ped
Ped
GH nick: Acho

Wall in less-than-texture size

Post by Acho »

Hi
I've got a bus stop which is 0,5 texture wide (32px) and I would like sides of it to be collidable like in screen:

I saw similar bus stops in multislayer, and there sides are non collidable, so i assumed it's impossble, but GTA2 got lots of surprises, so maybe someone managed to resolve this problem. i don't want to put pillars because i would like this wall width to be 0, like texture.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Re: Wall in less-than-texture size

Post by elypter »

you could put small heavy objects or car blockers under the bus stop. if those do not fit then you could change the texture. you would still eb able to jump over them
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Post by Logofero »

Acho wrote:Hi
I've got a bus stop which is 0,5 texture wide (32px) and I would like sides of it to be collidable like in screen:

I saw similar bus stops in multislayer, and there sides are non collidable, so i assumed it's impossble, but GTA2 got lots of surprises, so maybe someone managed to resolve this problem. i don't want to put pillars because i would like this wall width to be 0, like texture.
This is a common problem of collision in the MAP Editor. To remove it, completely remove the object from all sides, clean the space and reduce the width of the wall with you. Set the number on the wall again. Sometimes on the map there are invisible walls they must be cleaned in all directions. Attach your map to help you faster.
Acho
Ped
Ped

Post by Acho »

Yeah i thought about objects, but as you said u can jump over them and i don't want that. And they have width more than 0 so it would not look good.

Logofero, you misunderstood. I want them to be collidable, but only the non-transparent half of texture.
Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Post by Logofero »

Acho wrote:Yeah i thought about objects, but as you said u can jump over them and i don't want that. And they have width more than 0 so it would not look good.

Logofero, you misunderstood. I want them to be collidable, but only the non-transparent half of texture.
You need to have a collision of 0.5 blocks, do you mean? Or do you want the collision to be but the bullets flew? If you are trying to make a transparent texture this in GTA 2 can not be done. All textures have 255 colors (8 bit) there is no alpha channel support.

It will be better if you attach a map then the interested maper will be able to help you.
Acho
Ped
Ped

Post by Acho »

Logofero wrote: You need to have a collision of 0.5 blocks, do you mean?
Yes. Just as the side of bus stop is 0,5 block length x 0 width, or 1 pixel (1/64 block) width max.
Logofero wrote:there is no alpha channel support.
Lol. So how i made those bus stops? There even can be completely transparent texture too, useful for making collisions with one side of flat wall (from slopes). First color from palette is alpha channel, it doesn't even have to be black.
But anyway, textures i got figured out, just need this collision.

Here is my map: https://filebin.net/mia73co8xkvn1sme/data.rar
If you want me to earn some money you can disable adblock and use this link: http://zipvale.com/IdN1 (advertisments)
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

technically there is an alpha channel but it is only 1 bit
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Logofero
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Post by Logofero »

Acho wrote: Lol. So how i made those bus stops? There even can be completely transparent texture too, useful for making collisions with one side of flat wall (from slopes). First color from palette is alpha channel, it doesn't even have to be black.
But anyway, textures i got figured out, just need this collision.
You need index color. It is calculated from the total number of colors 255 usually in the palette first. It cuts but can not make the textures transparent.

Example: The pink color will be cut out. Also all textures should be 8 bits.
Attachments
r-antilol_bioroid_by_fero.png
r-antilol_bioroid_by_fero.png (444 Bytes) Viewed 13178 times