Has anyone tested the official map editor under wine yet?

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Has anyone tested the official map editor under wine yet?

Post by elypter »

i would like to see if it fails just for me or for everyone because if often have problems due to my graphics chip. could someone please try it out? for me it crashed on launch. maybe you have more luck.

quick link

how to install newest wine version

the same happens with TMs editor
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Rick
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: Sequential

Re: Has anyone tested the official map editor under wine yet

Post by Rick »

I did and had no succes.
Starting it worked fine, but loading maps caused crashes.

Too bad my only real windows machine is unsuitable for some comfy gta2 modding :|
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

i got it working on another laptop and a new wine version meanwhile. https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=18368

i think it had to do with my intel gpu. i also tested a few other tools. TMs editor doesnt work and the official script compiler crashes too. the rest works fine. so if B$hep finishes the compiler and if TM makes a linux version of his editor then modding on linux could become possible.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Rick
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: Sequential

Post by Rick »

Oh yeah it really works with Wine 2.0 and even zone editing is possible! [respect]
It just crashes when I load a map for a second time, but that's not a big deal.

Running the mis-compiler in a VM makes modding on Linux possible for me.
TMs Editor would be nice, though...
_L1pE_
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: _L1pE_

Re: Has anyone tested the official map editor under wine yet?

Post by _L1pE_ »

Tested in Arch Linux, using the Proton fork of Wine from the AUR, ver 4.11-415.

Map editor works, default maps and sty files appear to load with no problems, but my map with a modified sty has given me issues much like it did in past Windows installs. Works on first launch when it first asks for a sty file, custom tiles from the sty appear as black in the editor but work normally in-game. Crashes on subsequent launches whenever I load that custom sty, whether it's selected first or not. Figured out that editing the user.reg file of the prefix and deleting the line containing "App Style File", removing write permissions and then setting that file to immutable with "chattr +i" makes the editor always ask for the sty file on launch, working around my particular problem. Traffic arrows do not display, when they used to back when I used the editor in Windows 7, oh well.

Quickly tested ScriptPad with a simple script file, compiles successfully and runs in-game.

Sty Tool seems to work fine.

Epic Map Editor crashes after loading.
Let's go for a joyride